Hi Everyone

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I understand peoples concerns, but Mark's already taken the time to come on here and explain everything and people were happy - and now two weeks later people are kicking up a fuss again?

They can't give you an explanation any more than they did in the first post, nor will asking where the guests are mean you get them any quicker.

Sorry, I'm an attendee with a Silver ticket as much as others are, so please don't think I'm just supporting them blindly - I'm just being realistic and saying how continuously talking like this isn't going to change a thing. Don't bother comparing one event to another as it's completely irrelevant - they're all separate entities with differing guests, contractual situations and schedules etc.

This is becoming a continuous circle of worry, calm, worry, calm etc. It really needs to stop.

Edited by DavidB

I'm looking forward to the next announcement but I have faith that they will pull off something at least halfway decent, LOL. Maybe not as packed as the first one, but we'll get something! :( Remember, they are filming currently, it could be that they won't know schedules yet.

I have to admit I'm concerned. I bought a Gold Pass at E1 and assumed E2 would be as successful but time is ticking and nothing seems to be happening. There's always the excuse that there are other events in between that have to be dealt with first, but that excuse is wearing a bit thin now since there's never a time when there are no events anymore.

I had a Gold Pass for Lockdown too, and while I had a good time it definitely wasnt worth anything like the amount I paid for my ticket. I'm considering no longer buying tickets for ME cons until the last minute, if at all.

Therein lies the problem, if tickets aren't sold, then they can't book the guests, but no one is going to buy tickets unless there are some decent guests. My sister is one of them. We both had gold tickets for E1, and I bought a silver ticket for E2, but she has held back, she wanted to wait and see who the guests would be... I'm wondering now if she was the wise one.

I so want E2 to be a success, I had the time of my life at E1

Swan

They certainly sold enough tickets to get decent guests at the moment.

Clock is indeed ticking and another event in Germany is becoming more and more tempting every week while the only reason I plan to go to E2 at the moment is my gold pass .... but looking at how things are evolving, it might be my last gold pass for a very long time.

• Moderators

Are people going to keep using Lockdown as an example for like the rest of SM and ME's existence?

Don't get me wrong, I know it was a very unfortunate set of circumstances, and things really did go wrong. However, I'm unsure of what it'll take for people to stop referring back to that, and stop assuming that every event is going to go that way.

I hate to think that every event we're going to get discussions like this, with people panicking all the time when we just have a couple of guests. Are Massive Events going to have to come on here every time to reassure you all? Are they ever going to win your trust back? Or have they lost your faith completely?

It's a genuine query. I am rather concerned that this trend could continue, with attendees having no faith whatsoever in the organiser. I'm not getting at anyone, I'm just curious as to what it'll take for people to start believing, trusting, and relaxing again cuz we sure as hell never used to have all this on a regular basis ;)

And I'm not trying to start a discussion on who is to blame etc, just rather how we can proceed in a more positive manner.

They certainly sold enough tickets to get decent guests at the moment.

Clock is indeed ticking and another event in Germany is becoming more and more tempting every week while the only reason I plan to go to E2 at the moment is my gold pass .... but looking at how things are evolving, it might be my last gold pass for a very long time.

Hey, could you email me about that please? I have a friend in Germany who doesn't know where to look for these things. thephoebe@hotmail.co.uk

Please, I'd appreciate it!

Are people going to keep using Lockdown as an example for like the rest of SM and ME's existence?

Don't get me wrong, I know it was a very unfortunate set of circumstances, and things really did go wrong. However, I'm unsure of what it'll take for people to stop referring back to that, and stop assuming that every event is going to go that way.

I hate to think that every event we're going to get discussions like this, with people panicking all the time when we just have a couple of guests. Are Massive Events going to have to come on here every time to reassure you all? Are they ever going to win your trust back? Or have they lost your faith completely?

It's a genuine query. I am rather concerned that this trend could continue, with attendees having no faith whatsoever in the organiser. I'm not getting at anyone, I'm just curious as to what it'll take for people to start believing, trusting, and relaxing again cuz we sure as hell never used to have all this on a regular basis ;)

And I'm not trying to start a discussion on who is to blame etc, just rather how we can proceed in a more positive manner.

I agree. I think they've proven well enough that they can run an event with lots of guests even at last minute. The exception to the rule had exceptional circumstances - the cast confined to Hawaii. Chevron 7 had four guests due to very last minute cancellations, but did have six guests signed.

David I can only speak for myself, and the only ME events that I'm interested in are Eclipse and Lockdown, I dont watch Torchwood or Stargate or any of the other shows or films that are so far being done so I can only talk about the ones I've been to.

I'm not harping on Lockdown for no reason, it's because this situation seems all too familiar. Lets face it, it was not a success. We were promised great guests for months, we were told they were working on it, the same way we're being promised for this one, and yet so far nothing concrete is happening.

I understand that the writers strike was mainly to blame for the inability to get guests for Lockdown. The same reason can not obviously be used for the lack of guests for this event. Those of us who booked early and booked the top price tickets have every right to be concerned that our money is being wasted, yet again. I buy Gold Passes because they're supposed to be value for money. But it definitely wasn't at Lockdown and it looks like it's not yet again at Eclipse 2.

Maybe they'll change things around and get us great main cast guests. And if they do I'll applaud and say thank you. But in the meantime I think myself and others who have booked should be allowed to air our grievences without being made to feel like we can't. There is nothing positive I can say about the situation at the moment.

Maybe ME was being over-optimistic to think that they could run 2 Eclipse events in one year. I think once a year is probably plenty. I can't and don't feel positive at this time and I'm sorry but no words of reassurance from you or even Mark or Jason at this time will change that until we have actual announcements. We dont even have party themes announced, it feels like this event has just been forgotten about, despite what Mark said in the post at the top of this thread.

Hiya, just wanted to say that I'm still happy with my silver ticket and as this is my cousins 1st con[she's coming with me], I'm hoping she'll enjoy it too. Though I have no problem with other people feeling unhappy with the line-up and plans we have at the moment, it's only natural. Hopefully when we get more news everyone can feel better about it. ;)

Maybe we can use that Red Dwarf convention instead ? ;)

And I don't want to be reassured, I want facts <_<

Psychosis, I'm e-mailing you some info right now but it's a totally different type of event.

I don't know anything about Lockdown apart from what I have read on these boards but I did experience the fiasco of Ring Con UK. For months we were led to believe that all was well, then the rug was pulled, and the event cancelled.

So yeah... those of us who have experienced failure should be allowed to worry - just a bit!

to be fair, sm will probably pull this one off, money is very tight for alot of us at the moment and thats why we are worrying, especially as im spending nearly a months uni budget [not including rent] on this convention.

jael001 sums it up perfectly to be honest.

its alright them saying things will be ok but until i see guest announcements im not gonna stop worrying that ive wasted my money yet again. dont get me wrong the guests at lockdown were nice and had a great time due to friends and stuff but its not really what you pay for.

The amount of guests SM have pulled out of the bag for CM, I've got confidence they can do it for this too, deff.

However, as I said in the original thread I made, it would be nice to have a few things announced- just for planning and stuff. With only 2 months to go, and CM just around the corner, depending on who is going, it might be nice to buy a few things to get signed or something.

And the parties too- even if its just another ball- us girlies need to be prepared!!

Regardless though, I'm deff all up for having a good time! Its my holiday lol- I gota enjoy it to the full! <_<

• Moderators

So yeah... those of us who have experienced failure should be allowed to worry - just a bit!

And I have said that I understand peoples worries completely, I really do. However it's this completely futile and repetitive situation of people worrying, saying it'll be cancelled etc, then others chip in as well and it snowballs. Then we have to have the organiser come on and 'reassure' people (which in itself is time wasting), and most people settle down and accept that they're working on it.

Then someone else comes on and starts the whole thing again. Those who had calmed down suddenly decide it's time to kick up a fuss again, and repeat the process .. it's unfortunate, mainly because of the fact that the organisers can't really force through guest announcements as so much of it is out of their hands.

to be fair, sm will probably pull this one off, money is very tight for alot of us at the moment and thats why we are worrying, especially as im spending nearly a months uni budget [not including rent] on this convention.

jael001 sums it up perfectly to be honest.

its alright them saying things will be ok but until i see guest announcements im not gonna stop worrying that ive wasted my money yet again. dont get me wrong the guests at lockdown were nice and had a great time due to friends and stuff but its not really what you pay for.

Money is tight for me too, trust me. I'm not talking about this from the perspective of someone that will crew it or anything .. my money has already gone on the ticket, and will go on the hotel. So anything I say, believe me it's as an attendee.

It just doesn't work as simply as 'ok I want guests, so I'm going to come on here and tell the organisers that I want guests, and kick up a fuss until I get some!' - do you not see how stirring up all this worry every couple of weeks isn't going to help really?

You may think 'oh people bitched about GDL in The Hub so they got him' but please don't think it works like that. For a start, there's no doubt he was considered far before anyone moaned over the past week. Secondly, he's likely a lot easier to organise than overseas guests. So it's not a case of people moaning = getting what they want.

I am not against people having concerns, and I absolutely understand where they're coming from. However, I'm not sure what anyone really thinks they're going to achieve by going over the same old ground every couple of weeks. Neither you, I, nor anyone else has the power to force the organiser to push things through any quicker, so posting in other sections saying "well this con got ... NOW DO ECLIPSE!!" and similar things isn't going to make a difference.

Yes, there are simple things that could be announced for Eclipse that are under ME's control, and hopefully they will be ASAP. But there are others that just happen when they happen. And people can think I'm blindly supporting them, and call me an @rse behind my back or whatever else (I know it happens), but in the end we just have a responsibility to not let things spiral out of control every other week when someone decides they want to go over old ground.

well didnt you in the hub topic say that, post in the relivant eclipse topic if you have any concerns.

i can see where your coming from david but at the end of the day im sick of worrying everytime i book a con with sm/me

i really hope that

It just doesn't work as simply as 'ok I want guests, so I'm going to come on here and tell the organisers that I want guests, and kick up a fuss until I get some!' - do you not see how stirring up all this worry every couple of weeks isn't going to help really?

wasnt directed at me mate, because thats insulting, as i didnt stur it up, i didnt create this!

if they could have just done what they done last time then there wouldnt be alot of people worrying, im really sick of being spoken to like im a peice of sh!t on this board by people with 10,000 posts or whatever thinking there better, i really doubt i will book another con if this continues tbh. [not you particularly david but ive been insulted over things like my bad spelling and stuff which really isnt nessisary]

i used to work in customer service and if i told a customer who just spent £90 to stop worring, be quiet! were working on it, when people invest money they have a RIGHT to protect that investment, people buying in faith is what allows event organisers that little bit of extra money to get guests in the beggining, if the convention is selling poorly because the organisers havent brought in the customers then we shouldnt have to suffer tbh.

Every person who has or will buy ticket has a right to speak there mind and not be shouted at or told not to worry or complain. We paid £90-£245 for 2 guests (1 of which has been here before) they have had plenty of time to get guests now its been 6 months from the last one and how many people were told jack or who ever was basically signed sealed and delivered and made us believe it would be a amazing event like E1 (it still can be) but at this rate its gunna be another failed con by ME.

The only way people (ME's customers) are gunna gain faith and stop worrying is by guests announcements or even party themes we still haven't got them when shows next year have.

It seems to me that the closer to the event that contracts are finalised and guests announced, the less chance there will be of schedule conflicts arising and leading to cancellations.

I'd rather wait a while for announcements and the guests actually go, than have a load of announcements that result in cancellations because they were premature.

Bearing that in mind, and the fact that Mark said that there will most likely be 6 or so guests at the event, I for one am resting easy at night.

Im glad that he says theres gunna be 6 guests like E1 but intill we see them people are still gunna worry. C14 makes me have hope as they have pulled that out of there magic hat what im VERY grateful and I do hope its a success so I can meet some great heroes people and to show me worrying wasn't needed but im still gunna worry intill we get those 4 more guests :lol: