Olympics 2008

Daniel

A Silver in Cycling now. Things are going well :D .

Shame we didn't win anymore medals in swimming this morning, but cn anyone get past Phelps? :headscratch:

Good luck to the cyling, diving, rowing and hockey teams today.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that there will a couple more medals in the cycling this weekend...

Plus, we're guaranteed at least a Silver and Bronze in the sailing - fingers crossed that the team can make them both Gold :borg:

Yes its great :hathor: . I was starting to wonder if there would be anymore medals. Good luck to to the cyclists and sailors.

Good luck to the rowers tomorrow too. Theres huge expectation on them.

can anyone recommend a website where i can keep track of team GB's progress easily?

i cant watch streams or anything coz im at work but trying to find anything about GB and not about everyone else aswell is really difficult

The BBC Website Olympics pages are pretty good. I can't pick up live feeds at work either but I've been checking that site all day!

Another GOLD for Rebecca Adlington in the 800m Freestyle, and she destroyed the field and the World Record.

Michael Phelps was so lucky to get his 7th Gold of the games when Milorad Cavic (Ser) was lax with his final touch and Phelps beat him by 0.01 seconds. In slow motion Cavic was in the middle of touching and Phelps was just arching his arms to touch, but Cavic seemed to simply stop whilst Phelps touched for the win. If you see the slow motion finish you will see what I mean.

Ben Ainslee is guaranteed a minimum SILVER medal, whilst the Yngling Crew are guaranteed a minimum BRONZE but look certain to gain at least a Silver as the third place Greeks are a distant third.

Also, Adlington's friend and co-800m Freestyle finalist Cassie Patton made a plea to the Queen, albeit with a smile on her face, that TWO GOLD medals deserve the title of DAME, obviously pointing out that Kelly Holmes was made a Dame for her Olympic exploits in Athens four years ago. Holmes did already have an MBE, but that was for her Military service.

EDIT: Damn you Daniel. I didn't see you online when I posted the above. I thought you had had an early night. B)

Edited by Jonesy

What a fanastic day! Another three golds, one silver and three bronzes, all in cycling and rowing, fantastic (I think thats all of them - correct me if I'm wrong).

Just a shame we don't have anyone in the 100m final :angry:, but still going to watch it.

Good luck to the Women's Hockey team and Paula Radcliffe in the marathan tomorrow.

Just a shame we don't have anyone in the 100m final :YAHOO:, but still going to watch it.

Even if Duane Chambers had run, I don't think he would have gotten to the final. That was a very fast time with a new World Record of 9.69 seconds...and that was even with the winner slowing down 10 metres out...that dude was fast.

Good luck to Paula Radcliffe in the marathan tomorrow.

I hope Paula's packed some toilet paper this time :chair:

What a fanastic day! Another three golds, one silver and three bronzes, all in cycling and rowing, fantastic (I think thats all of them - correct me if I'm wrong).

4 golds and 4 bronzes - Adlington in the swimming, men's coxless 4s rowing, Hoy and Wiggins in the cycling for gold, 2 rowing bronzes (men's coxless pairs,women's coxless pairs) and 2 rowing bronzes (individual pursuit and points race).

Guaranteed gold and silver in women's cycling, the sailing stuff held over from yesterday, and more medal chances in rowing and cycling. Great weekend!

What a great day! Golds and Silvers in rowing, Gold in Sailing and Gold and Silver in cycling. Is there no stopping us! :YAHOO:

The only dissapointments are no more medals in swimming and losing in Men's hockey. Will b very dificult to reach the semi-finals now. Shame Paula didn't do better in the marathon, but a good run from Yamauchi though.

We are now third in the medal table. This is our greatest Olympics since the 1908 Games in London. Go team GB!

The guy that won a Bronze for China was practically told off and made to apologise on national TV to his country for not getting the Gold. Lame!!!!!

Yeah I read about that it's insane. The Chinese keep making these PR blunders don't they? It's such a shame because otherwise they're putting on a wonderful games.

Don't forget the Bronze in gymnastics - the only individual artistic gymnastics medal we've ever won at the Olympics

It's our first gym medal for 80 years, but our first ind gym medal since 1908 (london)

Another Gold in cycling :). That 12 now and still 3rd in table. This is getting good.

Watching the track events now, not sure if we'll get any medals here, but its great to watch. No where is showing USA V Germany in Basketball, shame I really like watching the American baskeyball players.

What about the women's football too? World champions Germany beaten 4-1 by Brazil, that was a shock result.

We're really doing well but I reckon we'll get even more tomorrow! We are absolutely dominating the cycling and the sailing, hopefully it'll keep for 2012!

One thing I am annoyed about is that there isn't much coverage of beach volleyball! :P