Whats the best season of lost ?

lovbug

• Moderators

Season 4 has some fantastic payoffs for people that have watched the entire run.

Season 3 works well on DVD when you can watch it all at once, but the initial block of episodes were fairly slow on TV.

I'd say the S3 finale and then the entirity of S4 is their best work. Having the schedule to work within did wonders for the writing.

I've liked all seasons, but I think the first two were the best, it now seems to lack the mystery the island once had, like where the people/things came from that you wouldn't necessarily expect on the island.

I loved season 1 with all the mysteries of the island and learning about individual characters.

Series 3 started to get a bit much but I still liked it, but I think S4 is amazing because you finally get some answers and more clues and a much deeper story.

Edited by Laurenx

• 4 weeks later...

Season 1 is my favourite - there was much more meaningful dialogue and character driven stories on island than in later eps.

The second season was saved by the Desmond character, IMO and let down by the Ana-Lucia story and some unimaginative dialogue.

Season three has been the weakest season, IMO, it just felt to me as if the writers didn't know where they were going - with the plotline as a whole and with smaller sub-plots like the Jack-Kate-Juliet love story.

Season four was better because the action seemed to be taking us somewhere, finally, and the new characters were all very interesting and likeable or the opposite! Nothing seemed out of place like Nikki and Paulo or Ekos death as in S3!

But Season 1 for me is just perfect, stunning television, so mystical and beautiful. The ep where the raft sails is just breathtaking tv work!

Season 4 has some fantastic payoffs for people that have watched the entire run.

Season 3 works well on DVD when you can watch it all at once, but the initial block of episodes were fairly slow on TV.

I'd say the S3 finale and then the entirity of S4 is their best work. Having the schedule to work within did wonders for the writing.

i actually agree with you for once david :P