Travel

Lestat

I would like to know how everyone is getting to Glasgow because I want to go however I'm right on the south coast and don't know how I'm going to get to Glasgow.

Oooh whereabouts are you? I'm in Poole and am gonna have to fly but just havent had time to research details as yet!

xxxx

I plan on going by national express coach from Bristol. Its pretty expensive though, £80 or thereabouts. Would fly but no passport.

Should be worth the long journey though :angel:

has there been a major political change i don't know about? we are classed as the same country so it would be an internal flight so you wont need a passport just something that proves who you are (like a drivers license)

you guys would prob be cheaper hiring a bus and have it pick you all up in the different towns

I would like to know how everyone is getting to Glasgow because I want to go however I'm right on the south coast and don't know how I'm going to get to Glasgow.

Oooh whereabouts are you? I'm in Poole and am gonna have to fly but just havent had time to research details as yet!

xxxx

Approx 10 miles from Brighton, I'm starting to research now, so far I found a coach which takes 13 hours to get to Glasgow so I'm looking at other options.

I plan on going by national express coach from Bristol. Its pretty expensive though, £80 or thereabouts. Would fly but no passport.

Should be worth the long journey though :D

Im am definately getting the coach up to Glasgow from Milton Keynes now :) It would have cost 70 to fly or 90 quid by train, so i went with national express, and its quite cheap

Edited by Emmeh

I have a nice wee 50 mile drive. Last year was my first ever Show like this, and have been driving to them with my mates ever since. Mk was a killer drive (Thank god for cruise control on my new car for next time)

Should be worth the long journey though :P

Im am definately getting the coach up to Glasgow from Milton Keynes now :) It would have cost 70 to fly or 90 quid by train, so i went with national express, and its quite cheap

Eeek, I wish flights were as cheap for me! Just been looking and cheapest from S'ton which is nearest airport is gonna be £150! Is £87 on the train but that's a 7-8hr journey and National Express is 12-13 hrs!

Nick Brendon better be thankful haha!

Not sure how late to leave booking stuff tho coz I just dont wanna book and him cancel....would be just my luck!

xxxx

Glasgow is a real bonus for all up here who normally get flights down south.

I feel sorry for you at this late stage as there are some real cheap flights when booked well in advance and as already said passports arent the only form of ID.

I should have booked stuff sooner but have just had so much going on....esp with LFCC last weekend and going to Chevron in June!

Just reserved my hotel so at least that's sorted.

I'll probs get the train tbh. Will be less stress as I've never flown by myself before and I dont feel like I've properly been to a city unless I've been to the train station!

xxxx

has there been a major political change i don't know about? we are classed as the same country so it would be an internal flight so you wont need a passport just something that proves who you are (like a drivers license)

I dont have 1 of those either or obviously I would use it 2 fly lol :(

if you are travelling from either london (victoria bus station)or milton keynes theres a over night bus company called silver choice which gets you there in about 8 hours for £35 return. its the one i use then travelling down to milton keynes gets you there early morning

hey guys i have a new suggestion for you guys coming up from engerland(not sure if thats how you spell it down there)

its a bit late now but for the december show what you could do is figure out what city it is the cheapest and easiest to get to and hire a coach to take bring you up to glasgow, all book in the same hotel(assuming you can find one to give you a discount) and then get another coach to bring you back.

if my calculations are as accurate as i think you should be looking at about £60 per person maybe less and thats for travel and accommodation

just putting the idea out there

I'm driving up from manchester coz it was the cheapest option. It was over £100 to fly and around the same for the train and no coaches at decent times.

According to mapquest it only takes 3 and a half hours to do a 220 odd mile journey...but i'm thinking it might take a little bit longer.

Edited by berta314

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I am flying up to Glasgow from Luton just for the day to see Nick B, i have looked on the Glasgow Airport website but cant make head nor tail of where i need to get to can someone who lives nearby let me know how i get from the airport to Braehead and is it far as i am on my own and wont really want to be hanging around the airport looking lost in the morning or spending even more on expensive taxis. Is there a bus service and if so how long does it take as i have no clue where i am going when i get there.

Many thanks nicky

hi

I am flying up to Glasgow from Luton just for the day to see Nick B, i have looked on the Glasgow Airport website but cant make head nor tail of where i need to get to can someone who lives nearby let me know how i get from the airport to Braehead and is it far as i am on my own and wont really want to be hanging around the airport looking lost in the morning or spending even more on expensive taxis. Is there a bus service and if so how long does it take as i have no clue where i am going when i get there.

Many thanks nicky

Hi there

Pasted this from braehead site

747: Glasgow Airport - City Centre via Xscape and Braehead

First's 747 AirLink links Glasgow International Airport with Glasgow City Centre calling at Braehead on its route. The service operates every 30 minutes during the day and offers a convenient and value-for-money way to travel to Braehead. The service also operates via Charing Cross, Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, Partick, Xscape and Renfrew.

The first departure from Buchanan Bus Station in the City Centre is at 0600 Monday-Friday, 0800 on Saturday and 0900 on Sunday.

A FirstDay, unlimited travel ticket, costs only £3.20. This ticket allows travel across First's Greater Glasgow network until 1am on the day following purchase. A single fare from Glasgow City Centre, Buchanan Bus Station to Braehead costs £2.10.

For full timetable details or more information visit www.firstgroup.com or call First Customer Services on 0141 423 6600.

Hope it helps, but it isnt far from airport

Edited by scruffy

A question for any locals: Do First buses run most services to and from the Breahead Centre? I have access to a company 'family pass', so it won't cost me anything really!

It depends where you are staying but there is First buses that run to Braehead especially if you are leaving from the City centre. Arriva buses tend to run more often though and get you there quicker.

im confused im guessing centeral is the main train station so is queenstreet or something a smaller regional train? just cause my train is coming in on one and leaving at the other ....

Yep, Central is the main train station to destinations south and east of the city.

Queen St station is another main station, but usually serves the north and west of the city eg Edinburgh.

Ive only been there once, a couple of years ago, but I remember it took a good 10-20 mins to walk from one to the other, and I was with a Glaswegian so make sure you leave plenty of time if you need to get between both.