Party music

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m ok with a good mix between old and new music.

Party songs are always good ( YMCA, It´s raining men, Star Trekking and so on )

I like:

Linkin Park

Craig David

Madonna

Usher

Placebo

Puff Daddy

and a lot of the actual chart stuff

There are a lot of dance remixes availible for these songs/groups

It's about mixing it up for people. Chuck in some "cheesy pop" but mix it about abit. I remember once following Wigfield with Nirvana and Glenn Miller into The offspring.

The trouble is nowadays there are too many wannabe superstar DJ's who think they can mix the latest white labels tunes into something they've made at home. Many events,parties etc don't attarct the average nightclub crowd so I've found the people there aren't bothered about the quality of mixing. Play the tunes that people ask for - no matter what they are, everything can fit in at some point and have a bit of banter with the crowd.

Oh and always play I am the resurection or Paradise by the dashboard light full versions when you need a wee.

I don't agree about mixing it up THAT much. Sure, you need to play a variety of styles, but if you chop and change from one style to another, then it's harder for people to find a groove. I would suggest it's better to play 4 or 5 tracks from one style, then switch to another (unless that style has found NO audience!)

If it's Davey Fraggle Fraggle again, then I can confirm that he is NOT a wannabe superstar DJ and didn't play anything he'd made at home!! I agree that event crowds generally don;t care about ANY mixing and just want tracks played and requests put on for them.

Yeah they were extreme examples but those were in the days when I was Deejaying student gigs!! I wasn't passing comment on any particular DJ (as I wasn't at the event). Just when I talk to some hotel managers and stuff there seems to be alot about. For example a cabaret act who was working the same night asked to plug in to one of my extensions, which of course I let her sand she said that she has to ask coz she's had people going mad at her for using their equipment!!

I agree with you play 4 or 5 tracks within 1 style and move on. I sometimes do it by decades half an hour of each tops and some party stuff thrown in. Then you get the more targeted stuff indie, rock, dance whatever.

Anyway no ones' an expert and what might work at one event doesn't at another. It just sounded as if this particular DJ didn't get his audience.

This consistent mentioning of karaoke concerns me greatly...

lol....you'll be fine - you can do backing vocals for the rest of us! :WAVE:

Am i included in that 'rest of us'? Because if i am...oh dear XD Ive only ever done karaoke once...and i was 10 XD

This phrase I keep hearing of "con music" frankly fills me with fear. I always hated those cheesy songs when I was a kid and really don't want to hear them now, however I do understand that some people like them and enjoy the group dance thing but please understand that not everyone wants to do the Macarena (I left a con party when that came on as it so offends my ears) and some of us also want to rock out a bit. So yes, I agree a good mixture is what is needed and some 80's hair metal is fine by me :-)

This consistent mentioning of karaoke concerns me greatly...

lol....you'll be fine - you can do backing vocals for the rest of us! :lol:

Am i included in that 'rest of us'? Because if i am...oh dear XD Ive only ever done karaoke once...and i was 10 XD

What book will you be bringing to this party??? :D

'how to make friends and influence people' lmfao.

i love that every time i saw emma at c 13 she had her nose in a book question is was it any good emma was it any good?

• 2 weeks later...

What book will you be bringing to this party??? :P

I am reading the Twilight series again, as to be up to date when the 4th book comes out in august, so i shall be reading New Moon or Eclipse at LFCC...its too early to say what i shall be bringing to Eclipse 2 lol Though i should really get round to reading my copy of Mansfield Park...And i do intend on buying Wicked at some point lol

i love that every time i saw emma at c 13 she had her nose in a book question is was it any good emma was it any good?

I was reading Twilight...for the 3rd time, so yeah, its not just a good book, is an absolutely amazing book! I have read it twice more times since then lol

Edited by Emmeh

...And i do intend on buying Wicked at some point lol

Ooooh, Wicked is STUNNING!!

As long as your not expecting a novel based on the musical (which I also loved)

The novel is so much darker, and the musical, is only based on aspects of the novel, and in fact, the musical changed a lot of stuff too..

I read the book before seeing the musical, and at first, was sooo upset with what they did with the stage version, but then I grew to love the stage version for what is was (and have since seen it 4 times)

• 3 weeks later...

i just think you need some rave stuff as last time it was a bit too "macarena, cha cha slide" stuff lol we some chart stuff, some dance music, some rock like paramore and lost prophets, basically a bit variety, NOT the "wedding music" the parties were a little boring last time tbh. more live music maybe? that would be awesome. xx

The cha cha slide would be my fault :(:D