Why did we get golden tickets if autographs are restricted?

Why is there a unlimited amount of guests but a limit on autographs (only 6).

Now i paid 175 pound for a golden ticket and i believe that should entitle me to atleast one of each autograph. This should entitle me to a small piece of writing from each guest. I dont mean to be picky but even 135 pound for a silver pass should entitle to atleast one of each autogroh, especially considering most of us can go to a premier, studio or even in the street and get autographs for nothing or with no restriction.

So atleast give the golden holders a chance and even silver because the price is sooooooo expensive. Anyways if not we should make a petition or something to get more autographs.

It says 6 cos thats the amount of guests that usually come... so for a normal show 6 x £15 is £90. PLUS the photo shoots, thats another £90, and a cocktail thingy, and entrance, and talks, priority at them too etc. I think thats more than enough- some shows charge £400 for equivalent!! If you don't like these terms, why did you buy a ticket in the first place and instead demand after you get more? Doesn't make sense to me!

It was clearly stated on all the pages listing the tickets though, so it's not as though it's something that's been sprung on us - it's something you agreed to when you paid. You get the 6 autographs in all packages, including standard, the extra on the gold and silver is for the photoshoots, receptions etc.

• Moderators

Why is there a unlimited amount of guests but a limit on autographs (only 6).

Now i paid 175 pound for a golden ticket and i believe that should entitle me to atleast one of each autograph. This should entitle me to a small piece of writing from each guest. I dont mean to be picky but even 135 pound for a silver pass should entitle to atleast one of each autogroh, especially considering most of us can go to a premier, studio or even in the street and get autographs for nothing or with no restriction.

So atleast give the golden holders a chance and even silver because the price is sooooooo expensive. Anyways if not we should make a petition or something to get more autographs.

Other people have pretty much picked up on the whole 'it already stated it ..' part. However I'll ask about the other part:

I'm not sure what premieres, studios etc have to do with conventions?

There are plenty of people that actually choose to just stick with what you mentioned and not pay for autographs - however considering Showmasters/Massive Events are running a business, they can't really go "oh hey, you can get these for free elsewhere, so we won't charge you much!" ..

Generally what you get for your money is guaranteed authentic autographs usually on whatever you want which is not offered at these other places you mentioned.

There can be the hassle of carrying things around at a premiere, and waiting for ages, and getting nothing. Or you could write through the mail but is there any guarantee that it's authentic? Nope.

It's entirely unrealistic to expect a business of this manner to lower their prices simply because you can maybe get them for free elsewhere. Consider the outgoings, and what they have to cover etc, and try comparing them with something more realistic like a signing event rather than a 'maybe, maybe not' event.

In the end, you're entitled to what you paid for, and if you're not happy with that then I'm afraid you really shouldn't have purchased.

I personally believe it's good value for money - I would've gone Gold for Eclipse if I'd have the money sooner, and I have gone Silver for Eclipse 2, so the whole package for me works very well. For you? Perhaps not, but then you shouldn't buy it :D

Hey,

I'm sorry to be a pain but i was wondering...

It say's when you buy the gold passes, that you get priority seating at talks, but is there still a charge to get in to them?

Also wordering that about the partys, are they extra?:D

I'm still not 100% on some of the things lol

thanx :D

It's all relative. I'm going to a 1 day Dr Who event next month costing £40, with 17 guests, 2 free autos each. In fact I paid £10 as well for a front row seat.

Gold ticket would have been worthless for me as I don't do the Photos. But if you love them I can see it paying for itself instantly.

Here's the thing though - I haven't even got a Hub Ticket yet, I need a lot more guests first. I have the Hotel sorted but no rush to put down any money I can't get back! Too much of a gamble.

I must echo what others have said, and add that, compared to events I've attended in the U.S. put on by the leading for-profit corporation to organize conventions here, the gold ticket pricing for The Hub is a bargain. It's always good to ask these sorts of questions, of course, but everything was stated up front before any purchases were made. I, for one, do not feel hard done-by.

:D ooooo i know its a good price but its such a tease, especially if someone really good turns up not to torchwood like maybe a surprise guest, its like a law to go to a torchwood convention and see the main torchwood cast.

I feel so silly :D

I send away for alot of auto's and have got a few back, but for me its the actuall fact of meeting these people and asking for their autographs thats so much better. Also the way i looked at it i am getting 2 days and nights out and 6 auto's ,also almost everyone else who will be there will be likewise torchwood fans and i hope to meet and speak to some interesting people about my fave show all that for only £80. Bargain! Just a quick question as i've not done a convention before they have announced 4 quests so far but only a photo shoot for 1 is it likely any of the other 4 (especially John) will also be doing photo shoots or would they announce this as they announce the quests?! (if you get what i mean)!

For me the autographs weren't top priority when I bought the gold pass. I bought the pass so I'd be allowed entry to the drinks reception and priority seating in the talks and because it just seems like it would make the whole experience a little bit better and easier compared to what I'm used to at cons. I've never had a gold pass before but made an exception this time because my 25th birthday is in September (one month before The Hub) and because it's a Torchwood event - my favourite show.

It wouldn't make sense to buy a gold pass if the autographs were what you were want the most. I think people buy the gold pass for the overall experience rather than just the signings. Otherwise I'd agree that it would be a waste of money if that's what you want it for the most.

Edited by Princess83

For me the autographs weren't top priority when I bought the gold pass. I bought the pass so I'd be allowed entry to the drinks reception and priority seating in the talks and because it just seems like it would make the whole experience a little bit better and easier compared to what I'm used to at cons. I've never had a gold pass before but made an exception this time because my 25th birthday is in September (one month before The Hub) and because it's a Torchwood event - my favourite show.

It wouldn't make sense to buy a gold pass if the autographs were what you were want the most. I think people buy the gold pass for the overall experience rather than just the signings. Otherwise I'd agree that it would be a waste of money if that's what you want it for the most.

I agree with you Princess, I've never had a gold pass to anything. I didn't think of everything (like autos and photos etc) seperately when I bought it. Or when I was going schizo to get it. It was sold as an experience (Con T-shirt!) and saved a lot of time for faffing around trying to buy auto/photo tickets as they came with!

My gold ticket was actually my christmas present for my parents, considering that I still can't afford to go out until Oct! :P