Who will be the free guest this time?

nicky

I'm pretty sure SM said they'd always try to have one free guest at each show. I'm just wondering who it might be this time.

I've noticed that many people on the internet (outside this forum) say Tom Savini always signs for free even though I was charged to meet him at another con in 2005 - but maybe that was just to pay for his travel expenses? NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE ABOUT HIM BUT IT IS WIDELY CLAIMED BY OTHERS BUT IF IT'S TRUE I'M WONDERING IF HE WILL BE THE FREE GUEST THIS TIME.

Anyway looking back at Neil Marshall at C13 I think it's wise to keep the freebie to a smaller guest to minimise the herds queing up and wearing the guest out. In this instance I guess Marshall was free just cos he was promoting Doomsday for Universal.

Edited by nicky

as sm now have links to universal it could be someone promoting like marshall but so far the guests anncouned id say greg nicotero because although he is amazing sfx guy i dont think he will be that busy where as tom is also an actor as well as an amazing sfx guy.

or it could be the smaller dr who guests if there is any because they were the free ones at glasgow and midlands

as sm now have links to universal it could be someone promoting
SM also have "links" with Fox (SW: ROTS trailer, Fantasic Four 2 goodybag) too or any other studio who wants to use the con the promote a film. Remember the van from Nightwatch that seemed to be at every con we went to in 2005? Edited by nicky

If they manage to get one for this event, I'd put money on it being a director promoting a film.

That would be great though I suspect that we sadly just got lucky with Neil Marshall at C13 cos he's that type of con friendly non-A lister.

Remember the van from Nightwatch that seemed to be at every con we went to in 2005?

Did anyone actually go see that? I got a free t shirt and pin badge at one point, but the trailer looked soo poo lol

If they manage to get one for this event, I'd put money on it being a director promoting a film.

That would be great though I suspect that we sadly just got lucky with Neil Marshall at C13 cos he's that type of con friendly non-A lister.

If you think about it, whoever they get is going to be paid by someone. If it's not Showmasters, then it's going to be the studio who is promoting the product and possibly one of the producers/directors. Did Neil produce Doomsday? I'm pretty sure Simon Pegg was a producer of Hot Fuzz when he and Nick came to promote it?

Remember the van from Nightwatch that seemed to be at every con we went to in 2005?

Did anyone actually go see that? I got a free t shirt and pin badge at one point, but the trailer looked soo poo lol

The film is oretty good... it's a little confusing at times, but worth sticking with. Daywatch is pretty decent too.

I'm pretty sure Simon Pegg was a producer of Hot Fuzz when he and Nick came to promote it?
Pegg and Frost came to LFCC2 in Nov 2004, Hot Fuzz dint hit cinemas till 2007. They didn't do LFCC to promote anything I don't think, if they did it must have been the SOTD DVD that was released in September 2004 (2 months before).

I'm pretty sure Simon Pegg was a producer of Hot Fuzz when he and Nick came to promote it?
Pegg and Frost came to LFCC2 in Nov 2004, Hot Fuzz dint hit cinemas till 2007. They didn't do LFCC to promote anything I don't think, if they did it must have been the SOTD DVD that was released in September 2004 (2 months before).

I was referring to the free signing they did at G Mex 2, to promote Hot Fuzz :clap:

I'm pretty sure SM said they'd always try to have one free guest at each show. I'm just wondering who it might be this time.

I've noticed that many people on the internet (outside this forum) say Tom Savini always signs for free even though I was charged to meet him at another con in 2005 - but maybe that was just to pay for his travel expenses? NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE ABOUT HIM BUT IT IS WIDELY CLAIMED BY OTHERS BUT IF IT'S TRUE I'M WONDERING IF HE WILL BE THE FREE GUEST THIS TIME.

Anyway looking back at Neil Marshall at C13 I think it's wise to keep the freebie to a smaller guest to minimise the herds queing up and wearing the guest out. In this instance I guess Marshall was free just cos he was promoting Doomsday for Universal.

From what i'm aware from a friend who attends U.S. cons frequently,Tom did used to sign for free but due to new agreements over the past few years with his agent,he now charges a set fee(or a book purchase for say $20) for as many items signing as you like...i'm NOT however suggesting that it'll work that way over here.In fact i'm sure it won't :YAHOO:

Edited by Captain_Kronos

Heh. I got 1 and 2 on dvd, and quite liked it.

From what i'm aware from a friend who attends U.S. cons frequently,Tom did used to sign for free but due to new agreements over the past few years with his agent,he now charges a set fee(or a book purchase for say $20) for as many items signing as you like...i'm NOT however suggesting that it'll work that way over here.In fact i'm sure it won't :thumbup:

One of my best mates has met Tom at two American conventions over the past year and similarly I'm sure he said Tom was signing personal items for free as long as you purchased one of his official 10 x8's.

We were both lucky enough to have met Tom on his visit to England for a lecture during '97 - between my friend and myself we had about 200 video and laserdisc sleeves, books, mags and posters from our collections that we'd taken along to the lecture and Tom signed the whole lot for us free of charge! :D

Those were the days lol

Well it has been a few years.....but i know Tom prided himself on the fact he never charged fans for autographs. I knew nothing of this set fee or purchasing an 8x10 autograph, so i suggest....Showmasters buy 500 or so of these 8x10s and allow us to get his signature for free! lol

haha what laura and pez said tho of course i would pay to meet him if he wants to sign for free and keep his concience clear i wouldn;t complain lol

tho i think a good half way thing is if he signed and charged but gave the profit to charity.

and yes i would die happy if you got seth green!! :coolthumb:

• 2 weeks later...