James Marsters Early Morning Queue

celebrityfan

Hey,

Last time when James was coming to Collectormania, there was a huge queue outside before 9. Where will this queue be? I don't want to be waiting there and find out I'm in the wrong one! When, I came to see Brandon Routh, there was a queue and I waited and it was the wrong one apparantly so I had to queue again in the longer one!

Could someone please tell me where I should stand because James is the only person I want to meet so I really don't want to be waiting all morning in the wrong queue.

Thanks! :P

• Showmasters Admin

We are likely to have a specific door for James on Saturday and Sunday and a different door for John on Sunday.

There will be signs on the doors to tell you which door is for James and which is for John. And there will be signs on the other doors telling you to go to those doors for James or John.

Just remember when you turn up, don't ASSUME the first queue you find is the right one. Go to the front of the queue and make sure the sign on the door is for the guest you want. This is what people din't do last time, thwy saw the queue for Brandon and assumed it was the queue for James and it wasn't (and vise versa).

• Showmasters Admin

We usually try and let the queue in to the building as early as we can. As soon as we have the section sorted and crewed. Saturday about 8:15am and Sunday about 9:15am.

We walk the queue in so that the people at that door are the first in the queue and so no one can push in. The VQ tickets are not given out until the show opens though, Sat 9am Sun 10am.

Hello,

I went to James' Union Chapel concert last year and went immediately to Milton Keynes after it finished, getting to the Centre first (at 12:30AM), but you don't need to be there that early!

If you want to be VQ ticket 0001, 6AM should be fine!

Stephen

Hello,

I went to James' Union Chapel concert last year and went immediately to Milton Keynes after it finished, getting to the Centre first (at 12:30AM), but you don't need to be there that early!

If you want to be VQ ticket 0001, 6AM should be fine!

Stephen

I dont know about that one lol. When i met James, I was outside the Centre at about 3am, and there were already several people there waiting. Never underestimate the popularity of some of the guests :P

I dont know about that one lol. When i met James, I was outside the Centre at about 3am, and there were already several people there waiting. Never underestimate the popularity of some of the guests :thumbup:

Which one did you go to? I know for CM7 if you wanted to be VQ0001 either of the 2 days James was there you had to be there 9PM the night before! But then again, James was only there for 2 days. I was the line until about 6AM when the next 2 people showed up. I asked the front people the other 2 days (Sunday 6:30AM, Monday 7AM) for when they got there. So 6AM is a good estimate.

Stephen

I dont know about that one lol. When i met James, I was outside the Centre at about 3am, and there were already several people there waiting. Never underestimate the popularity of some of the guests :thumbup:

Which one did you go to? I know for CM7 if you wanted to be VQ0001 either of the 2 days James was there you had to be there 9PM the night before! But then again, James was only there for 2 days. I was the line until about 6AM when the next 2 people showed up. I asked the front people the other 2 days (Sunday 6:30AM, Monday 7AM) for when they got there. So 6AM is a good estimate.

Stephen

I'm getting a bit worried...is 7:00-7:30am going to be too late? I'll be queueing for JM and Paul McGilion on Saturday...I probably could get to the centre around 24 pm the night before (right after I dropped my stuff at the hotel) but there's no way I'll make it through the day - I have a full work day (getting up at 6 am) before I catch my flight on Friday! :thumbup:

Will crew members be giving out VQ tickets from the back of the queue like they did last time James was at MK? Only, that kind of negates the whole "get there early to make sure you get a ticket" thing.

I'm not kidding, and I know I mentioned this at the time, we were in the middle of the queue and the guy giving out tickets from the front ran out just as he reached us. Imagine how we felt when we realised another guy was working from the back of the queue to the front and he ran out just as he reached us too, so despite having waited nicely for ages we ended up with tickets way behind even those who had joined the queue ages after us. Luckily, we managed to see James but there was a danger that there may not have been time to call our numbers, in which case I would have been really cross.

Just thought I'd throw in a reminder so that it didn't happen again :thumbup:

I'm getting a bit worried...is 7:00-7:30am going to be too late? I'll be queueing for JM and Paul McGilion on Saturday...I probably could get to the centre around 24 pm the night before (right after I dropped my stuff at the hotel) but there's no way I'll make it through the day - I have a full work day (getting up at 6 am) before I catch my flight on Friday! :thumbup:

7AM should be fine. I got there about 7:30AM the last time for James, and I got number 0029. The only thing you'd need to do is queue twice.

Stephen

• Showmasters Admin

Will crew members be giving out VQ tickets from the back of the queue like they did last time James was at MK? Only, that kind of negates the whole "get there early to make sure you get a ticket" thing.

I'm not kidding, and I know I mentioned this at the time, we were in the middle of the queue and the guy giving out tickets from the front ran out just as he reached us. Imagine how we felt when we realised another guy was working from the back of the queue to the front and he ran out just as he reached us too, so despite having waited nicely for ages we ended up with tickets way behind even those who had joined the queue ages after us. Luckily, we managed to see James but there was a danger that there may not have been time to call our numbers, in which case I would have been really cross.

Just thought I'd throw in a reminder so that it didn't happen again :thumbup:

we have lots of VQs so there will be plenty

jason :thumbup:

James, having been there twice before, shouldnt be that busy this time round, but dont forget he has a shoot on the sat and the mon, plus his lunch breaks, so thats still time out of his signing time. Get there as early as poss if you want a guarenteed ticket. Who knows, he may have an open queue lol. He did the first time he was there.

I'm getting a bit worried...is 7:00-7:30am going to be too late? I'll be queueing for JM and Paul McGilion on Saturday...I probably could get to the centre around 24 pm the night before (right after I dropped my stuff at the hotel) but there's no way I'll make it through the day - I have a full work day (getting up at 6 am) before I catch my flight on Friday! :blink:

7AM should be fine. I got there about 7:30AM the last time for James, and I got number 0029. The only thing you'd need to do is queue twice.

Stephen

THAT early?! I wasn't planning on going down till half 8 ish... I can stay till 6ish so I figured I'd be alright :WAVE:

I am not a morning person!!! :o

The sacrifices we make, eh??!!

are the tickets given out outside to the Q, or when the Q is inside? Having been crew 5 times, im going with once the Q is inside, but im unsure, since ive never had to deal with a Q from outside the center XD

Once you get inside :wub:

• Showmasters Admin

thought so XD i thought it would be stupid to hand them out outside, since that would be handing them out before the official opening time

I did say the queue was let in at 8:15am (9:15am Sun) and the tickets not given out until the show opens at 9am (10am Sun). I thought that may have given it away :YAHOO: