How much do you usually spend at Collectormania's?

Charmer

Myself i only go to see the buffy guests so based on last may where we were lucky in mk and had a few of those and with james in town for a week as well i probably spent well over £1200 for the few days but then at C13 there is only james maybe a photo with john barrowman too so at the mo i work it out to be this (just for mk), but then have expenses in london for james the week before to add as well on top.

photos £180

hotel £150

autos £100

If there are any more buffy guests and fingers crossed then will be more but so worth it!

nicky

• Showmasters Admin

Ha Ha! That does sound funny! Its good to hear someone else that collects the full size LOTR swords and weapons! My pride and joy is Glamdring signed by Ian Mckellen..now that was a trek and a half to get that done, but worth every second! :wub:

I've got the sting sword but no sigs...I am insanely jealous!!!! ;)

I'm very jealous of your signed Glamring :D

My Sting have always been one of my fav pieces and now it's signed by all 4 of them it's my pride and joy. Seemed to take forever to get done. I got Elijah at C4 but missed Dom. Got Sean at C7 and Billy at LFCC 05 and then had to wait until LFCC last year to get Dom. Just hope to maybe get Ian Holm one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ha Ha! That does sound funny! Its good to hear someone else that collects the full size LOTR swords and weapons! My pride and joy is Glamdring signed by Ian Mckellen..now that was a trek and a half to get that done, but worth every second! ;)

I've got the sting sword but no sigs...I am insanely jealous!!!! :D

I'm very jealous of your signed Glamring :P

My Sting have always been one of my fav pieces and now it's signed by all 4 of them it's my pride and joy. Seemed to take forever to get done. I got Elijah at C4 but missed Dom. Got Sean at C7 and Billy at LFCC 05 and then had to wait until LFCC last year to get Dom. Just hope to maybe get Ian Holm one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, Iam Holm really is the holy grail for me as well, I seem to have an unbelievable amount of stuff for him to sign, from statues to swords etc etc...if he was ever announced than I think I would have to sell my car! :D

Usually spend @£350-£400, but this time I've ordered a gold pass so probably @£550-600 this time (including travel, hotel, food etc).

I tend to meet @ 10 - 12 guests plus 4- 5 photo shoots plus a couple of things off stalls (currently collecting minitures of the Star Wars Lightsabers).

Most expensive was LFCC last year when spend @£1,300.

The most I've spent on Autos is about £150.

But at an event I've spent over £500, that was on swords and axes. Funnily enough that was at my very first event too.

Swords and axes? that sounds like it was fun!!

It was :wub:

One was Full sized LOTR Sting - Now signed by all 4 hobbits.

One was Gimli's Axe - When I bought it (C3 Saturday) I had missed seeing JRD that day. So I came back the next day to get it signed. I was there from 8ish (first in his queue) with my new axe in my hand. By 9:50am (10 mins before the show opened) there was about 100+ people in the queue. About 50 people back 2 lads were talking loudly and one said "So when they open the queue why don't we just run passed everyone and get to the front of the queue", His mate replied "because there's a 7 foot bloke with an axe at the front of the queue, are you going to run passed him!!!!". Made me laugh :wub:

Ha Ha! That does sound funny! Its good to hear someone else that collects the full size LOTR swords and weapons! My pride and joy is Glamdring signed by Ian Mckellen..now that was a trek and a half to get that done, but worth every second! :D

I've got the sting sword but no sigs...I am insanely jealous!!!! :o

i haven't got his auto yet because i was really shoked when i met him

i had just been to the hospital where my granda had just died and had gone for a coffie and this guys askes me if im ok...... yeah i went all fan girl it was the most bizzar conversation ever... but he was increadably loverly. im sure he said something awfuly sweet but i cnat remember what and then he was gone....

yeah sorry totaly off topic but..... he will always be my gap in my lotr autos... i have billys way to many times lol

A couple of hundred on autographs, then went to the stalls, got a black border cast signed Stargate print, staff weapon, ZAT, TER and working gate, so another $4000 D'OH

and then got the bases for the ZAT, TER and staff signed by shanks, judge and 'Manda at various shows, and saw a crystal skull, got that and got MS and CJ to sign that too, and their action figures

and also got 'Manda to sign some Stargate props I've got, season 2 black shirt and hyperdrive crystal

Ah Too Tall, your axe story made me chuckle. I,m a little scared to walk past you when you don't have your axe :)

Anyway down to business, I usually take £350 to each MK show and if I go to LFACC I tend to take money for autos only.

I used to go mad and get as many autos as I could lay my hands on, but these days I have mellowed. Must be my age!

I discovered the joys of the photoshoot last year when I had my arms wrapped round Danny Dyer, and am hoping to do the same to John Barrowman this year.

It depends how many guests I want to meet and how many autographs I want from each of them. I have spent as little as £60 when there were only a couple of guests I wanted to see, and as much as £200 when there were many guests I was interested in. At the most recent LFACC I could easily have spent double that if I hadn't had to miss the Saturday for a wedding.

I'm probably a 200/300 man as well. i only do one day, far too expensive to stay over night

and i try and limit my sigs, if i know the person is likely to come again......

but i really do enjoy the talks, G-mex is soo good i think i would always keep goin just to listen to the talks!!

Edited by paulschaefer

Hmmm... How much I spend???

Too much, if you ask my bf... :P

At C11 I spent around £1,000 :wub: (inculding photos, autos, Gold Pass & Collectibles; EXcluding travel & hotel)

and I'm afraid that the total will be about the same for C13...

Darn these things are expensive...

But then again, you only live once...

-Tyra-