Guest cancellation: Henry Ian Cusick

I bought a trading card set, got Sawyer's shirt (yay) and Ms Klugh's autograph (not so yay).

But, in my Heroes set I bought, I got Zach Quinto's autograph *flails*

That's weird. BFF bought a Lost set and got the same ones as you :) LOL!

what? you mean I'm not your BFF???

Janine ;)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bought the ticket on the condition that there would be 4-6 guests (there are) and not on the guarantee that any of them would be A-list.

henry was the first guest announced, even though we all knew the T&C and the possiblility he would cancell, its still come as a bit of a shock, seeing as we dont know if showmasters will be able to find a replacement in time for the event.

^ Yeah.

I bought my ticket thinking there would be some main cast there as HIC was first it gave the impression that all guests would be of high quality. If it was advertised that the guests would be basically extras I wouldn't of paid for a gold ticket since it's too expensive for the quality of guests we have.

Saying that though I'm still looking forward to the weekend and meeting the guests we do have and going to the parties and having fun :D

I bought my ticket thinking there would be some main cast there as HIC was first it gave the impression that all guests would be of high quality.

I'm sorry, but this is extremely rude to the actors who *are* coming to the convention. Every one of them is high quality, IMHO.

i didnt say that your not entitled to your opinion

we all relise that main guests would have helped this event massivly im not denying that, just your comment seemed to come across as rude and if you was on here yesterday, jason was pretty upset over some hurtful comments and i dont want him to think that we all dont appresiate SM's effort with this event, i was just trying to explain that, its been said before in this thread, lost main cast guests are hard to book much harder than eclipse.

I'm sorry but I don't think we should be made to feel guilty if we are upset, or obligated to 'support' the event so there will be an event next year.

Of course I don't think SM did this on purpose. I know they're as upset as we are. But the fact remains that I, and all other gold pass holders, have paid £200 for a guest list of 4 that only includes one decent quality guest star, and no main cast.

By any stretch of the imagination that is not worth it.

And yes, in that circumstance I DO believe they should be offering refunds. This is not a cancellation in the circumstance where there is still a decent line up. I am a long time convention goer and I have never paid for one particular actor as they are always subject to cancellation. Any main cast would suit me. Any decent quality guest star would suit me.

We're in a situation where Francios has had less than 10 minutes total airtime, and not interacted with any of the other characters. His talks will necessarily be limited. Frederic has been minor and only involved in Kate's flashbacks, and Ade has been in only two episodes. Andrew is decent but he can't headline the convention on his own.

I strongly believe this convention should be cancelled and rescheduled to when we have some main cast who are available.

You DONT THINK that they did it on purpose?

I'm SURE they didnt do it on purpose!!

Ok so they cancell...fantastic idea...............so what do u suggest for those who paid hundreds pounds for flight non-refundable, or other travel paid already................u gonna pay them?

Dont u THINK they would prefere to still come and meet guests and party, rather than lose that much money.......

U got a GOLD ticket, there we no guarentees on any guests, and if i had got a GOLD ticktet then sure hell be disappointed, but i didnt, but i wouldnt have made so much fuss, cos i id have known that there are no guarentees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wasnt actually planning on coming to this event, but i think some of the ways people reacted has been unfair.. wanting a re-fund on glad passes is stuipd, with conventions you take a chance, you eaither are very lucky.. or not so lucky, if the people going to this convention really considered themselves "lost" fans, then im sure you would be happy about whatever guests your meeting.

(fyi, i dont watch lost, hense why im not attending )

Yes but your crazy love haha *we met at eclipse I'm Sam

Out of interest would you meet any one who was in heroes not matter how small the role like if it was cop who was in scene with Matt Parkman and made fun of his donuts lol

*waves* HI SAM.

well, tbh, i would, because i DO love heroes that much.

i mean, for instance, if nathans sons went who dont have ANY lines, and are just on the screen to look pretty, ide still be excited.

HECK, ide be excited to meet mr muggles.

BECAUSE I AM A HEROES FAN.

:thumbup::D:D::D:D:D::P::YAHOO::D::WAVE:

I'm sorry but I don't think we should be made to feel guilty if we are upset, or obligated to 'support' the event so there will be an event next year.

Of course I don't think SM did this on purpose. I know they're as upset as we are. But the fact remains that I, and all other gold pass holders, have paid £200 for a guest list of 4 that only includes one decent quality guest star, and no main cast.

By any stretch of the imagination that is not worth it.

And yes, in that circumstance I DO believe they should be offering refunds. This is not a cancellation in the circumstance where there is still a decent line up. I am a long time convention goer and I have never paid for one particular actor as they are always subject to cancellation. Any main cast would suit me. Any decent quality guest star would suit me.

We're in a situation where Francios has had less than 10 minutes total airtime, and not interacted with any of the other characters. His talks will necessarily be limited. Frederic has been minor and only involved in Kate's flashbacks, and Ade has been in only two episodes. Andrew is decent but he can't headline the convention on his own.

I strongly believe this convention should be cancelled and rescheduled to when we have some main cast who are available.

You DONT THINK that they did it on purpose?

I'm SURE they didnt do it on purpose!!

Ok so they cancell...fantastic idea...............so what do u suggest for those who paid hundreds pounds for flight non-refundable, or other travel paid already................u gonna pay them?

Dont u THINK they would prefere to still come and meet guests and party, rather than lose that much money.......

U got a GOLD ticket, there we no guarentees on any guests, and if i had got a GOLD ticktet then sure hell be disappointed, but i didnt, but i wouldnt have made so much fuss, cos i id have known that there are no guarentees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er - I think I was quite clear that I know showmasters aren't to blame. I believe I said I know they're just as upset as we are.

And of course I konw there are no guarantees on any guest. But I've never been to a convention (and believe me, I've been to loads) with ZERO main cast. Don't care who they are. It's not like I'd be howling if we had Dominic as a replacement.

And you know what for people who have paid flights? I'd never go to a con out of country for prescisely this reason. Most people are UK based and I think if we see the poll a significant number would prefer cancellation.

Edited by Johhanneh

And you know what for people who have paid flights? I'd never go to a con out of country for prescisely this reason. Most people are UK based and I think if we see the poll a significant number would prefer cancellation.

That's highly unfair to those who never have (LOST or otherwise) cons in their countries... Besides, there could also be people in the UK who already booked flights/train/etc.

Train travel from significant portions of the UK can be more expensive than airfare from countries like Spain or Germany, where I can get a flight in for £80. Trains from some places can come to over £100. It's not a matter of location. The risk is there for all.