Hotels In And Around Northampton

Adz931

Hey,

I would like some feedback regarding Hotels in the Northampton area - ones that you guys stayed in!

I have been reading your posts regarding the Park Inn Hotel.

What sticks out to me is the lack of service provided in the Hotel Restaurant.

Can any of you explain further how the restaurant is set up etc & what the rooms are like etc etc etc??

What is the Hotel Ibis like???

I stayed in the Holiday Inn, about 2 miles away (some others did as well). I recommend the Holiday Inn all the time, but I will book the Park Inn if it is worth it due to sheer laziness lol!!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers!!

Ad

Umm... to be brutally honest, the rooms (I think unless you get an upgraded one) look like something that belong around Blackpool's south pier. The wallpaper was peeling, there were cigarette burns and holes in the walls and curtains, the carpet was cellotaped to the floor, etc. It was clean though, and I personally was happy with the food. I didn't have any there in the evening but there was a lunchtime service with jacket potatoes and pizza and stuff that I was repeatedly told to help myself to after paying. Breakfast was nice too.

Therer's also an Ibis hotel literally right across the road.

I did have a room reserved at the ibis last time but cancelled because my friend decided she was coming. We then stayed at the langham hotel. It's literally about 10-15 minutes walk from the Ibisand the walk is a simple straight line that was fine, except when it rained. You got a full english breakfast included and for our room which would have fitted 4 people it was cheaper than the park inn by 25 quid each. Not sure at a room for 4 though, you'd have to check.

The service was good there too, the staff were friendly and the rooms were nice too, had an LCD TV on the wall with freeview :)

Hope that helps

I did have a room reserved at the ibis last time but cancelled because my friend decided she was coming. We then stayed at the langham hotel. It's literally about 10-15 minutes walk from the Ibisand the walk is a simple straight line that was fine, except when it rained. You got a full english breakfast included and for our room which would have fitted 4 people it was cheaper than the park inn by 25 quid each. Not sure at a room for 4 though, you'd have to check.

The service was good there too, the staff were friendly and the rooms were nice too, had an LCD TV on the wall with freeview :)

Hope that helps

I like the sound of that Hotel.

What were the prices (for 2 sharing)? In the Ibis and the Langham Hotel?

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Ad

ibis was nice ( even if they are a bit dence and put single room bookings in twin rooms and twin bookings in a double but never mind lol )

there was a masive shower in both rooms a tv and tea/coffie they also did meals and stuff to your room the meals were really nice we had a curry on sunday and it was fantastic 8.50 with a desert.

there re-doing the rooms up to the new standard ( i asked cause im nosy) whitch means a plasma tv with freeview and cable and and full internet acsses in all rooms there also going to have mini friges ans stuff, and its right across from the park inn. 24/7 food and bar aswell

I stayed at the Ibis and friends stayed at the Park Inn. The Ibis was much nicer, larger rooms, in better shape. But I will be staying at thePark Inn in November, cause I don't fancy running my folder of sigs and bought merchandise across the road this time round, much simpler to just go upstairs. The Ibis's bathroom was quite cold when showering, I couldn't find any heating device in there.

Ibis mattresses and pillows leave A LOT to be desired.

I liked them, they were really straight and hard, which is better for your back then a squishy bed. :thumbup:

Edited by bonniesrg

I must have been lucky and got a decent room at the Park Inn, I didnt know there were un-upgraded ones, they sound...ew. Fingers crossed I get a nice one for Lockdown.

I have to say my bed at the Park Inn was the most comfortable I've stayed in, in a loooong time. Usually I toss and turn all night. But, the radiators clanging did mean it wasnt a TOTALLY peaceful night.

Edited by jael001

I stayed at 'The Grand' ..it was anything but grand, however the young receptionist was nice. It is 2 minutes walk from the venue, pretty much opposite the ibis. Old school hotel with real keys and key holes! It was £70 for 2 nights, which was oh kay, no food provided, but microwave was in the room.

ibis also has sky in all of the rooms

well mine did any way

the downsie of ibis is that:

. you can hear the tv in the room next to you

. the view from (my) window looks like im on the top of a ferry (people down my corridor will understand)

. there is no hot chocolate sachets for the tea/coffee set (pathetic i know but i hate tea and coffee)

. i couldnt sleep cos of the buzzing radiator

apart from that it was pretty good!

=]

I stayed in the park inn, and only went to the ibis breefly with pez, and i must say, her room was so much nicer than ours! Ours was dark and grotty, while hers was nice and bright! I cant say anything about the beds in the park inn, as i slept on the floor for both nights *apart from when i got cold and slept in the bed for about an hour, until i had enough of my mate snoring, + there was 3 of us in the bed and it wasnt too comfortable XD*

Nor did i eat in the Park inn *Subway for breakfast dinner and tea lol*

But looking at the rooms, the ibis was best

there was also no hot chocolate in the park inn :( i hate tea and coffee :P the hotel i stayed in when at Midlands had hot chocolate, i should know, i was drinking it at 2am lol

Edited by Emmeh

there is no hot chocolate sachets for the tea/coffee set (pathetic i know but i hate tea and coffee)

Joins the club of patheticness, it's the only hot drink I like. I had to buy a pot from the 99p shop, wasn't very nice.

Edited by bonniesrg

there is no hot chocolate sachets for the tea/coffee set (pathetic i know but i hate tea and coffee)

Joins the club of patheticness, it's the only hot drink I like. I had to but a pot from the 99p shop, wasn't very nice.

same lol!

i aksed at reception is they had any but they didnt :D

next time im bringing my own :)

gd old subway lol :)

i had subway twice

i went to aroma for dinner :)

yum :P

i was gonna stay in park inn this time but its fully booked so it looks like im stuck with ibis :)

I actually hated that subway haha.

Was far too slow and they mustve put a million onions in my sandwhich. my breath stunk before autos.

But i work in a sandwhich shop so maybe im just bias :D

there was a lovelly cafe opposite though.

gd old subway lol :)

i had subway twice

i went to aroma for dinner :)

yum :P

i was gonna stay in park inn this time but its fully booked so it looks like im stuck with ibis :)

I actually hated that subway haha.

Was far too slow and they mustve put a million onions in my sandwhich. my breath stunk before autos.

But i work in a sandwhich shop so maybe im just bias :D

there was a lovelly cafe opposite though.

lol!

the only thing i hated about subway was that it was way too small and i couldnt understand what they were saying :P

I must add, although the decoration was s***ty, I LOVED the bed and the huge fluffy pillows we got at the Park Inn.

I could not get on with the matress or pillows at the Park Inn, way to soft, if there had been more than a few inch of floor space I think I would have resorted to sleeping on that. I think I got a maximum of 6 hours sleep over the whole weekend and sadly not due to all the partying.

We stayed at the Park Inn and our room was ok. We booked for the Thursday as we were travelling from way up north and paid convention rates which was good, usually you have to pay full rate for any extra night. There were 3 of us in a double room and there was plenty of room. We have booked the Park Inn again for November.