Lost Season 4 - Episode Three Discussion

DavidB

i thought it was good i dunno maybe its just because were getting more questions and it doesnt tie in yet that the episodes dont have the same effect as they used too, or it could be the fact ive been reading spoilers haha

luckily only up to eggtown so ill not read em and see what happens.LOL

• Moderators

Oh I thought it was quite interesting having Sayid not interact with anyone - after all, we'd already had Jack interacting with those two, so it was good to see Sayid on a different path as such .. for now anyway! And especially with Ben, hmm! Eventually I'm sure they'll all come together, and it'll start to make more sense then.

There's a lot to cover - like how Desmond needs to mention about Claire and Aaron on the 'copter etc - and other stuff too .. but I'm sleepy :thumbup:

Edited by DavidB

I know, but the longe it goes on, the more there are, and its starting to get a bit much! Like at the start, there was just, "How will they get home?" "Why is there a polar bear in Hawaii?" etc... now its "wtf is goin on with the boat/ heli"; "What is still going on with the others", "Who are the other 2 Oceanic 6?" "Why is sayid working with ben?" and don't even get me started on the ben qns!!!! *sigh* my brain is gona fizzle out...

oh, and WHY OH WHY is Harold P in the credits still?!?!?! i looked so hard!

Edited by Lizzy

• Moderators

He's in the credits because he was announced as returning before the season started, rather than it being kept as a surprise. So he's being billed on the main cast list along with everyone else. They don't all appear in every episode after all :yoda:

And yes, we get a lot of questions but that's a good thing. It makes you want to keep watching to find out. Plus the shocks and surprises are awesome when they work!

It's personally the appeal of the show for me. I don't find it frustrating anymore as I think they're doing a brilliant job, plus we have an end date so it feels like they're working within a set time limit now rather than dragging it out.

• Moderators

I think it's only annoying if you let it be. Long time viewers should know exactly what to expect now. I certainly do, and I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

Not going in thinking I'll get answers makes it more enjoyable when they do release new information in whatever form :smile:

I agree, I have had a lot of mates get frustrated because of lack of answers. I think the whole, we know they get of the island thing makes people feel like the show will be finished soon so they want alot more answers but theres still quite alot left. I have given up wanting answers too. I'm just enjoying it for good characters and an intruiging storyline. It drove me mad when I always wanted answers each week and got me disappointed when each episode didn't have a huge reveal.

Although some news on the four toed statue would be nice. lol

James

Really enjoyed first episode of this season but now its gone back to the same old same old and to be honest i am getting most bored........somebody please end the pain, i have to keep watching as i hate not having the answer......its a never ending circle from which i cant break free aaagggghhhhhhh

Really enjoyed first episode of this season but now its gone back to the same old same old and to be honest i am getting most bored........somebody please end the pain, i have to keep watching as i hate not having the answer......its a never ending circle from which i cant break free aaagggghhhhhhh

Same old same old? The show has changed a hell of a lot this year, and for the better. Every episode has a fantastic cliffhanger at the ending which no one could ever have seen coming. We're only 3 episode in, I don't see why everyone thinks we'll suddenly be getting every answer.

From what you say, I think the way you'll get the most enjoyment out of the show would be to wait until the whole series has finished then get the boxsets and watch them all in a week or so that way you'll get your answers thick and fast.

To be honest, the show can be annoying with the no answers thing, but the more annoying thing is that Hurley hasn't lost any weight and Sayid appears to have put some on. What's with the food there?

That's supposed to be because of the food in the hatch and then the food drop that happended in 2x18 Dave. I know they would have still lost some weight but it is just a TV show at the end of the day.

Also if you compare back to Season 1, Jorge (Hurley) has actually put quite a bit of weight on.