Guest cancellation - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

:o well that's just mean :P I hope you get banned from the event :P

Oh why don't you just post something about naked Zach in the countdown thread[secret naked Zach appreciation thread]. :P

Well you did ask to be called an idiot, you idiot. :P

dont call her an idiot, IDIOT :P

Yay backup. :wub:

I did not! I asked something that could've easily been answered with a friendly yes or no :o

O.K. Yes idiot. :P:lol:

Edited by bonniesrg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you ACTUALLY yodas stuntman :P

Thats the question in my mind.

Yeah but only for the puppet then the other 2 films they sacked me and put a CGI Yoda there instead!! That was annoying!!:o

i want to meet you yoda lol ! you seem to be a bad influence on everyone around you :P my kind of guy lol

Well i do try! It just seems to me THE best and only way to sort most things out!! :lol::wub:

Or, how about this question?

How dare they force many times more people out of work, ruin other lives, all for their own monetary gain?

Cream of bulls***.

TommyT, nice posts you've been making, some people don't know what they're talking about and you saved me a lot of typing!

Edited by Chris Quartly

I think, simply put, it equates to this.

You work for a large company. You earn them £100million each year. For this, they pay you £100,000 per year.

Three years later, DVDs are outdated and the internet takes over. Your work now earns the company £200million each year. They now pay you £25,000 per year. Are you happy?

Cheers Jola, anyway guys i'm so bummed about hayden cancelling even tho she was the guest i wanted to meet the most, because i had a feeling she would cancel when she mentioned the film shes doing before heroes starts production again, plus she was probably the most expensive guest going. Hey theres always eclipse 2 or even eclipse 3!

Heres to hoping Zach, Hayden and Matt make it to Eclipse 2!

And, again, I understand WHY they hurt people. But they DID hurt people, many more people than they helped. Hurting people is bad. I don't care what the excuse is. We'll agree to disagree. It's not down to me being inexperienced, it's down to me having an actual conscience.

But surely like ive said earlier the actors directors etc etc etc who were out of work for a couple of months need a story and the imagination of the writers to do their respective tv and films anyway!! So lets face it without the writing there wouldnt be any jobs in the first place!!!!!????? Which also means they would be in a much less pid job than they are now, so i think a cut of the dvd and downloads is more than due!! (HIDES UNDER TABLE AGAIN :chair::yoda: )

And, again, I understand WHY they hurt people. But they DID hurt people, many more people than they helped.

I would be interested to see some stats on how "many more" people were hurt. And also the degree of this hurt. I notice you mention people losing houses. Are there any stories about this I could read? I ask from a genuine sense of interest and with an open mind.

Hurting people is bad. I don't care what the excuse is.

True, but is not allowing yourself to be hurt also bad? I ask again, what would you have done if you were a writer?

We'll agree to disagree. It's not down to me being inexperienced, it's down to me having an actual conscience.

I am happy to agree to disagree. Not quite so chuffed with the implied suggestion that I don't have a conscience because I agreed with the strike. (But also happy to accept that such an implication wasn't meant).

Edited by TommyT

I wouldn't worry about it Tommy.

Let's extend this to a more global event, I guess no-one should ever strike about anything since any strike will likely affect (or "hurt") somebody down the line, let's all put up with whatever bulls*** bigwig thinks is best for us. Human rights and all that bollocks... who cares for that?

I mean, really...

And, again, I understand WHY they hurt people. But they DID hurt people, many more people than they helped. Hurting people is bad. I don't care what the excuse is. We'll agree to disagree. It's not down to me being inexperienced, it's down to me having an actual conscience.

Nice to know that because I was supportive of the writers during the strike I fail to have a conscience...

I see it as a similar thing to 'is it bad to steal somthing to help someone else'.

Strikes only usually happen when all other avenues have been taken and nothing has happened. NOBODY wanted to strike, but the writers felt they had no choice. I hopeit was the very last resort.

This will sound harsh, but one of the points of a strike is to make life hard so people realise why its important that workers get the respect they deserve.

Edited by lovbug

The suggestion that supporting the strike means we have no conscience is both ridiculous and wrong.

The WGA tried to negotiate a deal for A YEAR and the studio's wouldn't even negotiate. A strike was the only way to stop the writers being hurt.

Under the old deal, in 2 or 3 years, when 99% of the market is net based, there would be writers losing their houses too.

Agreed too. I didn't mean to get involved into this whole debate because I know neither side will stand up and say "Wait I was wrong, you're right!!" because there's no true right and wrongs here. But you can't just say that anyone who supported or even respected the writers for doing something that was inevitbale does not have a conscience, that's taking it too far.