WILL MK GET GREAT GUESTS LIKE MANCHESTER?

werank

Just wondering if we were going to get any more anouncement soon as MK seems to be being overshadowed by the other events now?

I live in london and myself and my friends make a weekend of it in milton keynes every May and Oct,

we will carry on going regardless but it feels like good old Mk is not as important now?

really wish we had the parties still ! please dont forget us showmasters

:(

• Moderators

C13 is two months after Manchester, so there's a LOT of time left for Showmasters to work on the show - over 3 months really!

As for guests being 'great', that's always going to be a matter of taste - after all, MK has James Marsters and Patrick Stewart. I can't imagine they'll be having quiet weekends! Then there's two first-time Heroes guests, Michael Rosenbaum making his first SM event appearance, and Lea Thompson is an excellent guest too. That's just a few already!

So I'm not sure where you get the idea of MK not being as important now, but hopefully there'll be some guests to your own personal tastes in the end :D

Edited by DavidB

dont get me wrong the guests we have are great, but i "personally" dont think they have the WOW factor that i have found at other collectormanias,

really i think i posted this just to say please can we have some more guests and some new signers would be great!

im not bitchin or havin a go cause i love going to these!

• Moderators

Oh it's fine, I understand :D the lineups are always going to be hit and miss really, and you'll always prefer one over the other - sometimes I won't want to meet anyone at one event

For example, I don't plan on going to Manchester this time round, but you think they've got great guests! So we're all different.

Personally I think the novelty of seeing Patrick Stewart signing autographs in a shopping centre is more than enough to get me attending :drool:

Oh it's fine, I understand :D the lineups are always going to be hit and miss really, and you'll always prefer one over the other - sometimes I won't want to meet anyone at one event

For example, I don't plan on going to Manchester this time round, but you think they've got great guests! So we're all different.

Personally I think the novelty of seeing Patrick Stewart signing autographs in a shopping centre is more than enough to get me attending :drool:

You're NOT going to manchester?! :drool:

• Moderators

Nah - I've gotta go to Midlands for Heroes people, then I'm attending Eclipse and Lockdown, so I decided to give Manchester a miss based on there being no guests I need to meet :D

Of course, there's still time for that to change, but hopefully not :drool:

Nah - I've gotta go to Midlands for Heroes people, then I'm attending Eclipse and Lockdown, so I decided to give Manchester a miss based on there being no guests I need to meet :D

Of course, there's still time for that to change, but hopefully not :P

But....Hayden's going incase you haven't heard :drool:

Want me to say hey for you? :D

I personally think MK looks the best event so far, I mean, aside from Hayden at Manchester, most of them aren't that interesting to me or I've met them already. MK will always be no.1 for me! I only live 20mins away so it's ideal :D) I'm also going to go to Midlands and LFCC which I can't wait for.

Before all that, I have another con I'm about to head too this weekend. Can't name it though as it's not Showmasters.

C13 is two months after Manchester, so there's a LOT of time left for Showmasters to work on the show - over 3 months really!

As for guests being 'great', that's always going to be a matter of taste - after all, MK has James Marsters and Patrick Stewart. I can't imagine they'll be having quiet weekends! Then there's two first-time Heroes guests, Michael Rosenbaum making his first SM event appearance, and Lea Thompson is an excellent guest too. That's just a few already!

So I'm not sure where you get the idea of MK not being as important now, but hopefully there'll be some guests to your own personal tastes in the end :borg:

Since the cancellations at Eclipse, MK for my own personal taste has the guests I am the most excited about meeting... I still have to meet Patrick Stewart after the carnage that was Comic Con last year, James Marsters is always a star and Micheal :hathor: CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

• Moderators

I get to spend 3 days in a hotel with her at Eclipse .. I'm not greedy :borg:

:o

Does she know she has to share a room?!?

BEtter not let Milo know.... I hear he has some cool new powerz! :hathor:

Ahh Hayden and Milo split up - she found out he's not REALLY a superhero, and apparently he's just acting :o

You're only seeing more guests booked for Manchester and Midlands because they are relatively close to happening, while C13 is 3 months away as someone has already said.

At the end of March, when the other 2 cm's and eclipse are done, I'm sure C13 will get a few announcements!

I agree with some people on here, that Manchester and Midlands are closer so there'll be more announcements. I'm sure there'll still be more guests for MK.

Even though, for me, I don't really want any more guests that I want, because I'm SOOOOO!!!!!!!!! excited about meeting MICHAEL ROSENBAUM, Patrick Stewart & Stephen Tobolowsky!

But I'm sure there not the guests for everyone so I hope there'll be more announcements with people that you want to meet!

i think showmaster have just spoilt me in the past so i always want bigger and better guests, im a bit greedy like that! :firedevil:

ive met patrick and james before so they dont intrest me you see, i know they are big guests and i know i am going to have a great time, i think its because as one or two of you have said the other events are nearer so they are getting more guests at the moment!

having withdrawls not been to anything since october!! roll on may!

I pesonally think that mk has a great line-up so far. Having missed James Marsters last time he was there i am definitely trying to go and meet him this time. As for Michael hopefully my family and i can get to meet him.

I still think there plenty of time for more guests, so dont fret. :thumbup::D

I think MK has a great line up already. Loads I want to meet already, especially Michael. I'm not going to Manchester. Don't want to spend out and don't want to use up all my holidays in one shot as I don't have the luxury of having weekends off in my line of work. Got to work 2 every month and Manchester falls on one I'd have to work. Still a great line up Manchester has, but atm no one I need to meet.

from the topic of the title, I guess that depends on each person's definition of "great"!

personally, as a SG1/SGA fan who is also exceptionally fond of crime dramas like BONES NCIS CSI WITHOUT A TRACE, most events don't have guests I'm interested in :( but I still go! and I hope one day SM will get guests from forensic dramas :smile: Jason? :poki:

surfy sah xx

• 2 weeks later...

Just was thinking, its only Feb, chances are more guests will come. But even if not, wow what a great great line up. i have 6 people i want to meet. :unsure: gonna be a busy busy day

looking forward to gmex 2 tho, 5 ppl to meet there. Feel abit spolit tho, i keep thinking Adrian is gonna turn up last minute lol

Edited by lovbug