ECLIPSE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

showmasters

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm going to be another of the "this is my first convention and the schedule looks fine to me" advocates. Though I'm a little jaded at the shortness of the cocktail party. I had expected it to be around 2 hours (or longer, if we had been fortunate enough to have more time). Mostly for the fact that one hour is only 60 minutes, and with 100 gold pass holders going each guest is going to have less than one second to address all of us. In which case this means a highly likely chance that many people are going to miss out on talking to the actors. And certainly I feel some of them will be ambushed by more people for longer than others.

I'm also a tad sad about the registration numbers deal :( I do realise that like any event it's a "first bought best served" kind of deal, and I'm hoping Gold Ticket holders do have a side exclusion from that (ie. ppl who bought Gold tickets after people who bought standard tickets will still get higher ranked priority over them), but I was kinda hoping to sit and queue with my friends which is going to end up being highly unlikely as there was quite a bit of time between when they bought their tickets and when I bought mine. Oh wells :(

And I'm all up for having some free time too. Surely there's enough of us crazy fans out there willing to try to strike up some entertainment for others during downtime to prevent boredom ^_^

Right, and in any case, I'm sure other groups of friends (I'm thinking, for instance, of Sarmy) will find themselves in a similar predicament, so I'm sure that we'll be able to work out something amongst ourselves and trade spots with others if we need to... And there's of course the age-old "save you a seat!" technique. ^_^

Edited by Adeline

So I'm going to be another of the "this is my first convention and the schedule looks fine to me" advocates. Though I'm a little jaded at the shortness of the cocktail party. I had expected it to be around 2 hours (or longer, if we had been fortunate enough to have more time). Mostly for the fact that one hour is only 60 minutes, and with 100 gold pass holders going each guest is going to have less than one second to address all of us. In which case this means a highly likely chance that many people are going to miss out on talking to the actors. And certainly I feel some of them will be ambushed by more people for longer than others.

I'm also a tad sad about the registration numbers deal :( I do realise that like any event it's a "first bought best served" kind of deal, and I'm hoping Gold Ticket holders do have a side exclusion from that (ie. ppl who bought Gold tickets after people who bought standard tickets will still get higher ranked priority over them), but I was kinda hoping to sit and queue with my friends which is going to end up being highly unlikely as there was quite a bit of time between when they bought their tickets and when I bought mine. Oh wells :(

And I'm all up for having some free time too. Surely there's enough of us crazy fans out there willing to try to strike up some entertainment for others during downtime to prevent boredom ^_^

The reg numbers thing isn't 'first bought, best served'. For some things, the later numbers/last bought will go first.

As for the cocktail party your maths is off. It's more like 40 seconds per person.

I'm also a tad sad about the registration numbers deal :( I do realise that like any event it's a "first bought best served" kind of deal, and I'm hoping Gold Ticket holders do have a side exclusion from that (ie. ppl who bought Gold tickets after people who bought standard tickets will still get higher ranked priority over them), but I was kinda hoping to sit and queue with my friends which is going to end up being highly unlikely as there was quite a bit of time between when they bought their tickets and when I bought mine. Oh wells :dance:

And I'm all up for having some free time too. Surely there's enough of us crazy fans out there willing to try to strike up some entertainment for others during downtime to prevent boredom :P

The reg numbers thing isn't 'first bought, best served'. For some things, the later numbers/last bought will go first.

As for the cocktail party your maths is off. It's more like 40 seconds per person.

No, I totally understand the concept you had, that's the way I thought it worked. I'm just thinking as in if they're lining us up number by number (erm... am I getting way too organised with this? LOL *lacks convention experience*)

40 seconds... right... did I mention it's like AM hours here in Sydney now? LOL :poki: I did mean less than a minute. Where did I get the idea I was still awake?

Obviously I can't speak for this event, but at similar ones, the meet & greet parties have taken the form of attendees being sat at tables and the guests being brought round to each table for a few minutes. That works pretty well and in theory prevents "ambushing". Either way, hopefully the guests will be attended by PAs/Massive Event staff who ensure that everyone gets a fair turn at speaking to the guests.

Edited because can't read!

Edited by fray101

Obviously I can't speak for this event, but at similar ones, the meet & greet parties have taken the form of attendees being sat at tables and the guests being brought round to each table for a few minutes. That works pretty well and in theory prevents "ambushing". Either way, hopefully the guests will be attended by PAs/Massive Event staff who ensure that everyone gets a fair turn at speaking to the guests.

But as to

I'm hoping Gold Ticket holders do have a side exclusion from that (ie. ppl who bought Gold tickets after people who bought standard tickets will still get higher ranked priority over them)
, er no, that's the reason why people paid double the price for their Gold Ticket.

Found this on the website if it may be helpful, pros of a Gold pass:

- Exclusive Cocktail party with the guests on Friday evening

- Free entry to all professional photo shoots where you will get priority queuing

- Reserved priority seating for the guest talks

- Exclusive convention t-shirt and convention goodie bag

But as to

I'm hoping Gold Ticket holders do have a side exclusion from that (ie. ppl who bought Gold tickets after people who bought standard tickets will still get higher ranked priority over them)
, er no, that's the reason why people paid double the price for their Gold Ticket.

I meant the Gold ticket holders get priority over the ones who'd bought standard tickets time-wise before them :poki:

I meant the Gold ticket holders get priority over the ones who'd bought standard tickets time-wise before them :poki:

*points to post above yours* we posted around the same time.

Edited by Zarina

No, I totally understand the concept you had, that's the way I thought it worked. I'm just thinking as in if they're lining us up number by number (erm... am I getting way too organised with this? LOL *lacks convention experience*)

40 seconds... right... did I mention it's like AM hours here in Sydney now? LOL :poki: I did mean less than a minute. Where did I get the idea I was still awake?

They won't get that specific. It'll just be batches of numbers, so, yes, you'll possibly be split up, but there's also the chance that whoever gets called earliest can just wait. Most likely it's going to be called like this:

1-50

1-100

1-150

Something like that, so whoever's in 1-50 could just wait until it gets up to whatever your number is. Of course, if you do that, you run the risk of leaving it too late if EVERYONE tries to wait to get crushed in at the end. It's not nice.

And LOL, poor baby. Go to bed!

But as to

I meant the Gold ticket holders get priority over the ones who'd bought standard tickets time-wise before them :P

And so we shall :poki: Glad I misread your post because the alternative was just crazy!

Edited by fray101

question for showmasters....

do we get our own individual time to get auto graphs??

because im going on saturday-sunday and im worried i will miss my turn :YAHOO:

Normally smaller groups are called for autographs by ticket number.

I don't think you can't "miss your turn". It should be the same rules as for Virtual Queueing tickets. Once your number has been called you can get in line for autographs. Of course you should try to get in line when your group is called, but if you're not there because you went to eat something quickly or something like that it won't matter.

Ok so i have my geek outfit - but im scared that people will think its what i always look like. Esp as i am thinking of wearing the outfit on the Saturday also for my photoshoots. Anybody else thinking of wearing their outfit for their photos?

Ok so i have my geek outfit - but im scared that people will think its what i always look like. Esp as i am thinking of wearing the outfit on the Saturday also for my photoshoots. Anybody else thinking of wearing their outfit for their photos?

hehehe.... I ALWAYS wear my "outfit" for the photosessions; it's a brilliant recruitment trick! :huh:

(never mind.... all will become clear)