new guests comming soon

showmasters

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be VERY happy if Josh got announced but even as happy if Elisabeth Mitchell got announced as I just love the Juliet character. EM seems like a lovely person anyways..

I booked at the hotel where the event take place, all the way back in August..what is this about a special gift? LOL

I'd be VERY happy if Josh got announced but even as happy if Elisabeth Mitchell got announced as I just love the Juliet character. EM seems like a lovely person anyways..

I booked at the hotel where the event take place, all the way back in August..what is this about a special gift? LOL

Marystat we will be in the same hotel! :drunk:

Someone told me that the chances to get Josh at the convention were very slight because of the rpice it would cost to get him...Last night I had a dream that I met him in a restaurant and asked him about the convention, then he tells me that he didn't know about it and I say that it's too bad etc and he tells me "but I don't cost THAT MUCH!!!!!" LMAO.

^^^

I was also wondering if you had any idea when a new guest could be announced (before or after season 4 starts for instance)

Sorry if I sound impatient, I don't mean to! I was just wondering if you had had any further information after making this announcement, even if it's that one of the planned guests can't make it. Any kind of news is better than none lol. :P

I apologise again if I sound impatient, I believe you when you say you're trying your hardest to get new guests and I do appreciate your efforts :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure when they have information, they'll come on here and let people know :thumbup:

They're aware of how much people want another guest, but time is better spent working on that than on here.

roughly how many tickets are left for this event?

I don't know.

We haven't even had confirmation that all the gold tickets have sold out, so I can only imagine tickets are selling slowly and this might be why Massive Events haven't announced the big name yet, as they may be worried this event may lose money.

I had a number of friends interested in going, but unless another guest or two is announced before the end of January, they have said they won't bother.

I don't know.

We haven't even had confirmation that all the gold tickets have sold out, so I can only imagine tickets are selling slowly and this might be why Massive Events haven't announced the big name yet, as they may be worried this event may lose money.

I had a number of friends interested in going, but unless another guest or two is announced before the end of January, they have said they won't bother.

Yes, same here. I have friends interested, but who won't go unless there's a couple more guests announced. But I daresay Showmasters can't get guests without the tickets selling.

Bit of a Catch22.

A few weeks ago, the number of tickets sold was briefly posted and it was indeed much smaller numbers than those for Eclipse. The proximity of the two events and the Heroes hype are probably two of the main reasons for this. The gold passes are definitely not sold out, otherwise Jola would have warned us.

I was interested to go to this event in the first place but now money is a bit too tight as I booked for other events meanwhile and Lockdown is now definitely not on my priority list anymore. I will book only if some specific guests come to this event, which is something that I usually don't do but in this case, I really have to justify these possible huge extra-expenses.

Edited by lams9999

I don't know.

Yes, same here. I have friends interested, but who won't go unless there's a couple more guests announced. But I daresay Showmasters can't get guests without the tickets selling.

Bit of a Catch22.

That is the dilemma faced by any event organiser. Guests need to be announced to secure ticket sales, not IMHO the other way round - the risk that you might not cover costs is a real one - speculation of this kind doesn't help the situation.

I am a massive Lost fan - brought on by following the career of my fave LOTR actor....

I have not booked for this event yet mainly due to lack of funds and other conventions near it (date wise) announing must see guests - including SM's with Eclispe and Collectamania!

I have the hotel booked! and still plan to go but we shall have to see what happens!

It is just a case of too many conventions I think

Lisa

I don't know.

Bit of a Catch22.

That is the dilemma faced by any event organiser. Guests need to be announced to secure ticket sales, not IMHO the other way round - the risk that you might not cover costs is a real one - speculation of this kind doesn't help the situation.

I don't really understand what you're getting at here.

i think its just cause alot of people arnt really into lost , enough to pay £80 or whatever, i think when s4 starts the ticket sales will rise but the problem is loads of people are considering going if we get another guest and we wont get another guest till we sell more tickets, i hope people will take a risk as obviously the more people that do were obv gonna get some amazing guests.:YAHOO:

i think its just cause alot of people arnt really into lost , enough to pay £80 or whatever, i think when s4 starts the ticket sales will rise but the problem is loads of people are considering going if we get another guest and we wont get another guest till we sell more tickets, i hope people will take a risk as obviously the more people that do were obv gonna get some amazing guests.:YAHOO:

I think the problem has more to fo with the sheer number of events around that time.

I don't know.

Bit of a Catch22.

I don't really understand what you're getting at here.

The theory here (and I'm not party to Showmasters meetings, so it's just a guess) is that, as an event organiser, you have to risk some cash to sign up the first guests. You then hope that you sell enough tickets to cover the cost of those guests and you use your initial outlay to sign the next guests. The problem (and it might not be the problem in this case) is that if you don't sell enough tickets to cover the first guests, do you risk more of your money to sign further guests anyway and hope that people respond better to those. It means that you have to consider increasing your personal risk.

To be honest, Showmasters/Massive seem pretty committed to bringing their vision of this kind of weekend event to the fans and so I can imagine they'd be more comfortable taking that risk, which is what makes me think that the issue lies elsewhere. If I was a betting man, I would suggest the problem is that Lost is still in post-production for the latest series (because it filmed/aired later than other shows), meaning actors might have to be available for things like voice-over work and are unable to commit to events like this until short notice.