is the event on?

nlindenj

just been looking at the gmex website and for the dates of the 8th and 9th of march we have

8th of march the national assembly

8th of march manchester international tatoo show

no mention of the showmasters event, hope its still on gotta book hotels and travel arrangements

Edited by nlindenj

• Moderators

Event location websites aren't always completely up to date with Showmasters events, and Manchester Central does have various parts to it.

It's not unusual to have a number of events on at once.

to be honest that doesn't fill me with confidence, last year the gmex event was cancelled due to a number of factors (man u playing at home, lack of hotel rooms and others)

i have tried getting a hotel room and it wasn't easy all of the premeire inns were full and i (and many others)don't want to loose money on hotel and travel arrangements because showmasters suddenly cancel this great event. the last one in november was fab.

• Showmasters Admin

This came up just a couple of days before the November event too. For some reason there events going on in the other parts of the centre (MICC) are on the site but what is on at the main hall is not on the website.

This show is going ahead.

• Showmasters Admin

G-Mex is a big place. It has a number of rooms, Collectormania is only in the main hall.

On the G-Mex website they also have what's going on at the MICC which is all part of the same building complex.

Last year we had 20+ people come to the door of Collectormania and ask for tickets to a property show which was on the G-Mex website, but after a bit of inverstigation we found it was actually on at the MICC, 100 yards away.

i have to agree the getting to manchester is easy but finding somewhere to stay on those dates is difficult so far there's no guests which make me want to go but if there is then i might have left it to late to get a hotel near gmex.

I've just booked a room at the Premier Travel Inn GMex from 7th - 10th, which wasn't too bad price-wise (£201 for the 3 nights). They might have some left still ... try premierinn.com :)

• 2 weeks later...

lots of people book a hotel room at the previous event, so you might find that nearer the time more rooms become available as people who booked in November may find there are no guests they want to see and cancell? just a thought :D

surfy sah xx