would you go to a Convention held over Easter ?

showmasters

Would have to be a no for me.

Easter weekend is the only weekend I can earn half my monthly wage in a single weekend so I really couldnt justify not doing it, plus my work doesnt like me having bank holiday weekends off, not that it stops me for collectormania lol

If you're talking about Easter 2008 then no, because you've already got Eclipse in March and Lockdown in April and it would just make finances too much of a problem for me, it would be easier if the cons were more spread out. However, if you're looking at easter 2009 then go for it.

Being the fact that Easter 2008 falls on Sunday 23rd March , are you talking about holding a convention on 21st -23rd March?

If so, then I could'nt easily do it, as the finances will not have recovered in time from

Collectormania Manchester (Gmex 4) - 8th-9th March

Eclipse - 14th to 16th March

Possible Easter Con 21st-23rd March

Lockdown - 4th to 6th April

For me personally, I get paid on the 23rd of the month, so by the time I've spent at GMEX 4 and Eclipse, I doubt I'd have much money left for an Easter Con. Then I'd have to also think about saving for C13 as well.

Of course the above isn't even including Autographica, which is currently the 1st weekend in March. Though I read in some post those dates may change?

It does seem as if March into April is already quite full for cons or events. But if specific dates were given for events and cons, then I have to admit, it is do-able !!

The other thing that has to also be taken into consideration is holidays, as some people may require to take a day off if they have to work public holidays etc.

I've applied already for various days off based around events ( mostly Fridays and Mondays !) and suspect I'd be pushing it to get yet more time off in March.

I would as i am sure you can do a convention that appeals to fans of a show that has not been done yet or is not being done!

also you have people who are not fans of lost or Heroes who will have the money available!

so i say yeah go ahead do a con then just make sure it is not one of the shows that are to similar to lost and Heroes so maybe you can attract a different sort of crowd!

so please i am eager to see what kind of convention and guests you can pull for us!

Im 50/50 on this as ive got 2 young children and like christmas, easter is the only other long bank holiday that we all have time off together as a family! So it would have to be something pretty amazing for me to go!

Saying that at least i wouldnt have to actually book holiday from work as i would be off already! :blink:

Noooooooo!!!

Come on guys, you're killing me here. It's bad enough Eclipse is the wekend of St. Patrick's Day and Palm Sunday, but Easter weekend? Not a hope in hell.

Oh, BTW, I'm a priest so that should explain why I'll be rather busy both those weekends. :WINCE:

Noooooooo!!!

Come on guys, you're killing me here. It's bad enough Eclipse is the wekend of St. Patrick's Day and Palm Sunday, but Easter weekend? Not a hope in hell.

Oh, BTW, I'm a priest so that should explain why I'll be rather busy both those weekends. :smile:

I hadn't realised Eclipse was Palm Sunday. That's me trying to find a church in Northampton with an early Mass on Sunday :WINCE:

Anne

Noooooooo!!!

Oh, BTW, I'm a priest so that should explain why I'll be rather busy both those weekends. :lol:

I hadn't realised Eclipse was Palm Sunday. That's me trying to find a church in Northampton with an early Mass on Sunday :unsure:

Anne

There's a BIG Church (I'm not even sure that it's not a Cethedral) within a few minutes walk of the hotel (MY parnets got married there). I'm sure if you ask around, someone will be able to give you easy directions to it.

There's a BIG Church (I'm not even sure that it's not a Cethedral) within a few minutes walk of the hotel (MY parnets got married there). I'm sure if you ask around, someone will be able to give you easy directions to it.

Thanks - I'll have to check if it's Catholic but the Hotel normally has information like this (I've found Hotel Receptionists really helpful before another event on a Palm Sunday a few years ago) :coolthumb: Or I might just look it up in our Church Directory - if they let me into the office.

A