Latest Guest Announcement Patrick Stewart

showmasters

As I've said before, the best thing to do is play them at their own game. So - go up to him, wordlessly hand him a signed 8*10 of yourself, don't look him in the eye, and walk away - vocally refusing to pose for a photo with him.

I agree that this will cost you £25. But at least you'll have made your point.

EDITED: Quote deleted.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna avoid this* fisst one in Milton Keynes ive missed in 3 eyars now)

Its going to be horribly busy as PAtrick never signs for mroe thena few hours at most on one day.

Maybe I'll just go on the Friday and avoid the hordes of trekkies.

• 5 weeks later...

a few of my friends met him at the theatre also and he was really rude to us to

we waited for a ages afterward and when he came out my friend asked him to sign a dvd, he said "No, what else you got?"

he showed him something else and he said "NO"

my other friend showed him something and he said "NO" again and then pushed passed us and walked off. That was after signed programmes and tickets for other ppl.

When i said this on the forum after he was announced for LFACC i got bitched at for even bothering to try and meet him at the stage door and it wasnt right to do so, to this i say.... F**k that! loads of ppl do it and actors expect it, at least i dont try and sell my stuff on..

Anyway, aparantly he will sign personal items before a show but only programmes and tickets after a show.

im tempted to meet him at CM13, put my dvd infront of him and as he goes to sign it, swipe it away with a NO!!

Well worth £25 ^_^

Hang on a minute - we've had this discussion. You gave him some Star Trek stuff to sign. He's well known as being someone who does not sign Star Trek related merchandise outside a stage door, and to be honest I agree with him.

Get him to sign a copy of the programme for that performance, and he'll be fine about it - end of story.

hi all

yeah i went to see macbeth (v v powerful by the way) waited outside for him after he was charm its self he did only sign my programme but good enuff. he was very chatty and personable best thing was there was only about 4 of us waiting so had a bit of time with him

can only judge on experiance so.... got know complaints

At the end of the day a lot of actors are like this. I went to meet Orlando outside In Celebration with a Pirates picture but I also took a picture from In Celebration as I had heard that a lot of actors only sign stuff to do with the play they are in which was lucky as this was the case for Orlando also.

There are also those that either leave straight after the performance, or long into the night afterwards.

Took my parents to see Yul Brynner and Virginia McKenna in the King and I for their 25th wedding anniversary.

After the show I popped round the back and met Ms McKenna, who is a really lovely lady, and she happily chatted and signed a lovely dedication to my Parents, when I mentioned about Mr Brynner she said he was still in his dressing room, after waiting a couple of hours after the show he still didn't appear so gave up.

I know this is kind of off topic but, it is just an example of what can happen at stage doors. I went expecting nothing but got something, I and met a really lovely warm person who after two/three hours of singing and dancing was still couldn't seem to do enough for people, and a memory to treasure.

yeah i know what you mean

many years ago now i saw charlton heston in man for all seasons waited at stage door for ages he came out v v tired but spent ages signing got a programme signed and ben hur and el cid movies programmes as well

expected nowt got a lot

yay!

Tried to meet him at LFCC but got a slighlty too high VT.

Hpefully this time I will get to meet him. The thing is Shatner is just as rare, but when he was at CM I met him in an OPEN QUEUE!!

Cant expect that level of awesome again but ahwell.

Also, if SM could take note, I noticed at LFCC quite a few people taking arm-loads of stuff for him to sign. Now maybe this time seeing as he will probably be just as busy, and the packed location, maybe SM should limit the Captain to signing 2 items at most?

Just an idea, so that people like me and my uncle, and any other people just wanting an autograph, wont miss out to the people sleeping over at the center to get loads of items signed for resale either later or worse, at the event.

• Moderators

If Patrick does a slightly more normal signing appearance than he did at LFACC, then there should be more time to get through people.

Circumstances unfortunately changed at LFACC at very short notice, and meant that Patrick only signed for a short time. This shouldn't happen this time around.

• 1 month later...