Latest Guest Announcement - Helen Slater

showmasters

Looks like the biggest problem is going to be getting a good quality pic of her. If I could find a better quality version of this I'd be happy : -

Helen%20Slater003.jpg

If anyone's got any decent high quality pics of her NOT as Supergirl, let me know! Now, SM, if you could just get Lynda Carter to come as well I'd be a happy man :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lovely pic, MikeDonovan.

Has anyone seen footage of the Superman Celebration that's on YouTube? It's worth a look. Helen is incredibly charming, gracious and funny as she answers questions on the guest panel. Some people elsehwere have painted an image that she's very stuck up about Supergirl after some comments made in a newspaper interview but this is obviously not the case. She's just honest, which is refreshing in today's world.

I hope I do get to meet her. She seems like a fascinating person. I also hope there will be a photoshoot...I don't normally do them but I'd make an exception in this case, and, like others, if her CDs are for sale at the con I would probably buy them. I've heard samples of her music and she has a really pleasent on the ears singing voice.

Edited by Princess83

That's a lovely pic, MikeDonovan.

Has anyone seen footage of the Superman Celebration that's on YouTube? It's worth a look. Helen is incredibly charming, gracious and funny as she answers questions on the guest panel. Some people elsehwere have painted an image that she's very stuck up about Supergirl after some comments made in a newspaper interview but this is obviously not the case. She's just honest, which is refreshing in today's world.

I hope I do get to meet her. She seems like a fascinating person. I also hope there will be a photoshoot...I don't normally do them but I'd make an exception in this case, and, like others, if her CDs are for sale at the con I would probably buy them. I've heard samples of her music and she has a really pleasent on the ears singing voice.

Yes, she's lovely IMHO. Personally, whilst I was aware of Supergirl of course, she made a much bigger impact on me in Secret Of My Success - one of my favourite films as an early teen. It's a real pity that, apart from a nice role in City Slickers, she never really managed to break through during the 90s.

Regarding her music, it's very nice - sort of piano led balladry - Carole King is a reasonable comparision. And she still looks great at 44 :)

I'm trying to think now if a special edition DVD of Supergirl has been released on DVD.

Not as such sadly, Warner Brother's released the International Cut last year which was previously released by Anchor Bay. It was hoped Supergirl would get the Special Edition treatment in time for the big Superman boxset, no such luck though.

Another poster here posted a link to a film/TV photo website, regarding a non-Supergirl picture of Helen Slater. Are there any other similar websites?

Also I looked at the prices for photos on the website linked the other day and thought they were a bit expensive, considering you can pay for the autograph and a photo by the guest's table, for between £10-20/25 at Collectormania. But the trouble is it's very likely Showmasters won't have specific images for photos from less well known film and TV credits. I want to have a picture of George Takei from the episode of Mission: Impossible he guest starred in. There is a picture in the Channel 4 Mission: Impossible book but I bet there would be copyright problems.

Edited by SunSpeed

• 4 weeks later...

If you see >>HERE<< Helen may NOT be attending Friday due to a change in her schedule.

Oh, damn.

I was really hoping to avoid the weekend craziness.

Though since it's half term this week, I suppose the Friday might not have been much different anyway.

Cancelling one day is better than cancelling completely, although to be honest I'm just waiting for that announcement to pop up now.

Edited by Princess83

• Showmasters Admin

She will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday. It is only Friday that is in any questions at the moment.

*touches woods*

We don't want to say "No she's not coming Friday!", as both her and SM would like for her to be there.

If all goes well she will be at the show late on Friday. But we all know what flights and traffic can be like and so it "may not" happen.

We'd rather be up front about it and let people know now there's a chance she won't make it than people turn up on Friday expecting to see her and then she not be able to make it.

We'd rather be up front about it and let people know now there's a chance she won't make it than people turn up on Friday expecting to see her and then she not be able to make it.

appreciate that cus although im gonna be there fri, sat and sun....was expecting to meet her on the friday...but more than happy to wait till sat or sun....just gonna keep my fingers tightly crossed now that she doesnt have to cancel altogether

She will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday. It is only Friday that is in any questions at the moment.

*touches woods*

We don't want to say "No she's not coming Friday!", as both her and SM would like for her to be there.

If all goes well she will be at the show late on Friday. But we all know what flights and traffic can be like and so it "may not" happen.

The heads up is greatly appreciated. Nothing would be worse than travelling all that way and finding out the guest has cancelled that day AFTER you get there. Thanks for keeping us in the know.

I remember Amber Benson dropped a day once, but she did actually arrive in the end, just very late, after about 2pm or something. So who knows what will happen with Helen and Friday...I'll be safe, though, and just go on the Saturday instead. :)

• Showmasters Admin

When you say late, what time could be classed as late?

What time do guests start leaving for the evening?

It will not be before 2pm.

Guests usually start leaving at around 5pm. Sometimes a bit earlier if it gets too quiet.

I'm hoping Helen Slater dosen't cancel. I can remember on here seeing the announcement that she had cancelled twice before, so I'm hoping it won't be three times in a row.

The one thing I think about when I read on here about guests' schedules and when they will get to the event is will they be suffering from jet lag. Some guests I've spoken to seem to have been suffering from jet lag, because my experience in hindsight has been they weren't very friendly and talkative. But as has been said in the FAQs section and by people in threads here before, they're just like us and have their good days and bad days. I'm not saying Helen Slater will be like this if she does attend on the Saturday and Sunday (fingers crossed). I'm talking about the guests in general.

Maggie Grace at LFCC last year was suffering from very bad jetlag (she admitted it at her LOST talk, to the point where she brought Jorge on stage to help her host it) but she still managed to be charming and funny. I was quite amazed...I think she said she hadn't slept in like, three days or something. If it had been me I'd be growling and snapping at everyone, LOL.