C12 Photo sessions

nobbynobby40

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

As it says in the Answers to FAQs pinned topic:

Can my friend and I both be in the same picture?

The simple answer is yes, but you will both have to have a ticket. It is one ticket per person! You can then pose together in two photos and one copy of each will be developed.

If you buy only one ticket you CAN NOT have two people in the one shot!

Note: No more than 2 people will be allowed in the shot.

Edited by DavidB

The simple answer is yes, but you will both have to have a ticket. It is one ticket per person! You can then pose together in two photos and one copy of each will be developed.

Tha seems a bit stupid, so if I wanted just one copy of a photo with a guest, with my fiance and I in, then we would have to pay double for that photo, compared to everyone else, even though we still only want one copy? (I hope I have got this right?) Please correct me if wrong, because if this is the case, then I will never get photoshoot tickets for a showmasters event ever, cause that would seem a bit of a con to me.....

I mean come on, what would we want with 2 photos of us with the guests, its not like we are going to put both on the wall, in the back room. You pay double, you get two photos, so we really should pay for one photoshoot ticket as we only want one photo.

You don't even get the photo back signed like you do at other events, and you expect me to pay double for the privelage. :thumbup::D

:hathor:

LLAP :thumbup:

Edited by zebredy

At the moment the rules are as you described them, yes.

Two people in one picture means you need to buy two tickets, and you'll get two photos taken.

If you only want to keep only one copy, that's your choice. You're not getting two copies of the same photo, you're getting two photos taken. You could still ask the guest to "change pose" - I remember James Marsters was doing this at C11.

It may sound daft at first, but I can see a point in doing this. I've been to US conventions, and more than once there were larger groups of 10 plus people getting their photo taken - all with one ticket. That costs extra time to change camera settings etc., thus causing delays.

I agree that the Showmasters rule is pretty strict, but even those guys have limited to "maximum 3 people in the shot" at some of their sessions. And at Showmasters you get back both pictures, at their shows it's one copy each and if you want you can buy the JPG.

As for getting the pictures back signed: the events you refer to are full week end conventions and not signing events, so of course there are different rules. ;)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Tha seems a bit stupid, so if I wanted just one copy of a photo with a guest, with my fiance and I in, then we would have to pay double for that photo, compared to everyone else, even though we still only want one copy? (I hope I have got this right?) Please correct me if wrong, because if this is the case, then I will never get photoshoot tickets for a showmasters event ever, cause that would seem a bit of a con to me.....

I mean come on, what would we want with 2 photos of us with the guests, its not like we are going to put both on the wall, in the back room. You pay double, you get two photos, so we really should pay for one photoshoot ticket as we only want one photo.

You don't even get the photo back signed like you do at other events, and you expect me to pay double for the privelage. ;):borg:

I agree with you brother.

It should be the normal price for one person, and a slightly higher price for couples.

Charging 2 tickets and saying it’s because you both have your own photographs is weak, and a clear rip off.

• Moderators

As for getting the pictures back signed: the events you refer to are full week end conventions and not signing events, so of course there are different rules. :D

Yep, that's what I was thinking .. we can't really compare details like that as conventions are completely different, so it's kinda pointless.

As for being charged twice for two people - I can't see why it's unfair, two people = two charges = two photos, you're not really being charged more .. and it's not always going to be 'couples' is it, so some friends like a photo each etc. Not everyone who has a photo together lives together etc. Can't really start pricing things up based on whether you're in a relationship or not lol

But hey, it's the same as anything, if anyone thinks it costs too much then they just don't get it.

You don't even get the photo back signed like you do at other events, and you expect me to pay double for the privelage. :poki::borg:

LLAP :D

If you'v ebeen to other events then you'll know that there's always a charge for having an extra person in the photo. They're not giving freebies. You pay for a photo per person.

As for getting the pictures back signed: the events you refer to are full week end conventions and not signing events, so of course there are different rules. :borg:

Yep, that's what I was thinking .. we can't really compare details like that as conventions are completely different, so it's kinda pointless.

As for being charged twice for two people - I can't see why it's unfair, two people = two charges = two photos, you're not really being charged more .. and it's not always going to be 'couples' is it, so some friends like a photo each etc. Not everyone who has a photo together lives together etc. Can't really start pricing things up based on whether you're in a relationship or not lol

But hey, it's the same as anything, if anyone thinks it costs too much then they just don't get it.

I can understand both views but as you said, there are rules and nobody is forced to do the photo sessions (although with the generalization of the no posed pictures, this is not exactly true anymore).

We even had one case at the last LFCC where one guy paid £30 to ask a guest to get out of the pic ! :poki::D

As for getting the pictures back signed: the events you refer to are full week end conventions and not signing events, so of course there are different rules. ;)

I can understand both views but as you said, there are rules and nobody is forced to do the photo sessions (although with the generalization of the no posed pictures, this is not exactly true anymore).

We even had one case at the last LFCC where one guy paid £30 to ask a guest to get out of the pic ! :o:lol:

What I meant really, was (yes I know some people want two photos back) why should I pay twice to have a single photo back, with my fiance in, when I only want one back?

As I said before, what are we going to do with 2 photos of the same thing

If people want two photos back, fine pay for two, but why should I and my fiance be penalised for this.

Even if I don't get it back signed, I have been to other signing events within the UK where I have had photos with myself and my finace in, taken before and we have never paid two photos when we have only received one.

Why do showmasters think they are so different?

I just hope I do have this all wrong and that showmasters are going to tell me so, but I don't think thatis

^_^

LLAP :lol:

Edited by zebredy

Wouldn't it be boring if everyone was acting the same way? ^_^

Joking aside: I see what you mean and I fully understand why you are frustrated. As you've seen going from other responses in this thread, there's several different ways to do it, and SM have decided on this one. They're not the only charging extra, and mostly you don't get the second print that SM gives you for the extra charge.

Even if I don't get it back signed, I have been to other signing events within the UK where I have had photos with myself and my finace in, taken before and we have never paid two photos when we have only received one.

LLAP ^_^

I don't think that's fair to say. I have never been to a signing event where two people can go into one for free - and I've been going to events for six years now. I could ask why your cons/events think they're so different.

You pay per person. I've never known it to be different anywhere. If it is you were very lucky :lol:

Edited by Psychosis

I don't think that's fair to say. I have never been to a signing event where two people can go into one for free - and I've been going to events for six years now. I could ask why your cons/events think they're so different.

You pay per person. I've never known it to be different anywhere. If it is you were very lucky :o

Several people I know, have had photos taken at over one/two day signing events and due to only wanting one photo back they have only paid for one person.

You should really be paying for the print/photo not the amount of people in it.

For example if there are three people in the photo and between you, you only want one copy, really you should only pay once, but if you all want a seperate copy of the photo then yes you should pay say 3 times as much....

I don't know why its so hard for people to understand?

^_^

Edited by zebredy

That's what you do at SM shows, too - you pay per photo because you are getting one photo back for every ticket you buy. *goes to hide*

And as David says, a totally open system is open to abuse - see my example with the large groups above.

Several people I know, have had photos taken at over one/two day signing events and due to only wanting one photo back they have only paid for one person.

For example if there are three people in the photo and between you, you only want one copy, really you should only pay once, but if you all want a seperate copy of the photo then yes you should pay say 3 times as much....

I don't know why its so hard for people to understand?

LLAP :borg:

Understanding and agreeing are two different things. You could quite easily go to LFCC say "Oh, I only want one autograph so can my friend not pay admission and come in for free with me?" Just because we understand that doesn't mean we a) agree or B) accept it should be done. The same is true of photos. "Oh, I only want one photo" gets people in for free then gets you copying the photo three times over if youw ant. It's just a way of people getting free photos with a star.

Edited by Psychosis

Is that not open to abuse though?

It can be as simple as getting one copy between 3 people, then them copying it themselves and ending up with 3 surely?

So it’s priced like this because a few might go and print their own.

At some point you have to weigh up ‘the probability of these events actually happening’ verses ‘fairness and value for money for customers’.

• Moderators

So it’s priced like this because a few might go and print their own.

At some point you have to weigh up ‘the probability of these events actually happening’ verses ‘fairness and value for money for customers’.

No, it's not. It's a discussion point, not me validating reasons behind Showmasters prices.

At the end of the day, they're a business and if they choose to do things a certain way then that's up to them. There is no standard way of doing things for an organiser of an event. You get plenty of businesses selling the same product but adopting different pricing strategies etc. It's not an entirely unique situation.

As with any situation, some people will be fine with it and some won't. I understand the points raised, but as with others, I don't necessarily agree with them.

No, it's not. It's a discussion point, not me validating reasons behind Showmasters prices.

At the end of the day, they're a business and if they choose to do things a certain way then that's up to them. There is no standard way of doing things for an organiser of an event. You get plenty of businesses selling the same product but adopting different pricing strategies etc. It's not an entirely unique situation.

As with any situation, some people will be fine with it and some won't. I understand the points raised, but as with others, I don't necessarily agree with them.

That is a fair point DavidB, and I accept what you’re saying.

Increasingly though there seems to be an increased ‘rumbling’ that some Showmasters practices are getting a little bit too driven by business and profit, whist ultimately forgetting the fans, and value for money.

Its things like this silly practice, which increases this reputation.

But as you say it’s their business, they make the rules – regardless of if the majority of ‘fans’ think they're fair or not.

Edited by sock007

Great so from what I have read (please again correct me if wrong) for a £15 - £20 photo shoot with a particular actor I have to pay £30 -£40 just cause I might want my partner in the same photo. If this is the case (and obviously I'm not saying for definate it is as these arn't words right from showmasters mouths) because they think a few people might abuse the system, well that is daft.

If it only takes a few seconds to take a photo, and say for a very popular guest, you totally sell out of photoshoot tickets (say for argument sake there are 300 photoshoot tickets), then whats the harm to showmasters if I only paid say £20 instead of £40 so I could have my finace in the photo as well? It would also mean someone else who wanted a photoshoot ticket, could have one, so they would still be making there money all £6000 of it... (this is just an example I know not all guest sell out of photoshoot tickets)

If this is the case, then apart from the fact that there should be a message in the online shop (if there isn't alread one) making sure people know they need a ticket each and why, I won't be getting photoshoot tickets any time soon B) or at least not at a showmasters event, unless my fiance is happy not being in the shot with me...

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy