Are you allowed ...

bayley88

to eat/drink inside the convention? Please no one tell me this is a stupid question or be nasty about it. It's just i'm not sure if you were allowed and it didn't say in the FAQ or anywhere on the forum. Some places like this ask for people not to eat or drink in the complex so i was wondering if you could here?

All the Best

x

If you dont mind the 15-20 min walk, theres a tescos around the corner and up the road a little, and have much more veriaty..

Last year at lfcc, admittedly in EC2 so no idea what EC1's food selection will be like, there was practically nothing id eat from any of the venue shops , and at one point I got into a full on rant (in a nice way of course) with one of the shops staff about it, who admitted their food didnt cater for some people (like those who LOATH salad which was in everything they sold) but would try to have more options 'next time'..

Personally I cant see it happening, so will be popping to tescos to buy my snacks.

Take your own. The food on sale at the LFCC base is disgustingly over priced and the selection wasn't too fantastic. But the pricing was absolutely vile. Just buy stuff from a nearby newsagents and take it in with you or something; that's what I'm doing this year. NO WAY am I paying those prices again!

If you cross the road from EC1, nip through a side street you're in Earl's Court Road, where there's a Burger King, Maccy Ds, Nando's (I think :YAHOO: ), Somerfield and M&S - and that's all I can think of top of the head! Once I'd got in and got my VTs last year, I nipped out and stocked up with icy cold drinks at far less than the venue charge - don't forget you can come and go from the con, it's not a case of once you're in, you're stuck there!

• Moderators

And, of course, if you're not scared of a little London travel ... you can go anywhere you want on the Underground or whatever :YAHOO:

Far more choice than just the small bits in Milton Keynes for example.

• Moderators

Ahh but then you get the lovely crispchocolatesandwich diet .. which may sound fun but really isn't if it's a 4 day thing like Collectormania sometimes :YAHOO:

You'd think doing Ops and being next to the crew food all day would be fun, but after your 7th can of Fanta it's less appealing .. :YAHOO:

It does get to me that we're not given better food as crew, I don't eat chocolate and I try to keep away from the fizzy pop. Surviving on one sandwich and several packets of crisps isn't a very healthy diet for the weekend really :YAHOO: but yeah I do love crewing so I deal with it

I am always appreciative of anyone who brings me a large Costa hot chocolate though :YAHOO: