34 members have voted

1. 1. I'm getting my copy from:

• Waterstones
    • Amazon / Play / other online shop
    • WH Smiths
    • Supermarket
    • Other bookshop
    • Other place

Hmm, I wonder if other supermarkets are going to match Asda's price.

I don't know if there is any shops opening at midnight here (apart from the supermarkets that are open anyway). Although, unfortunetly Woolworth's is open at 8am and I'm in at that time to work :YAHOO:

Asda for £5

Or Tesco for £5.. but with them there's a catch. You have to spend £50 in store at the same time lol

Or no! I planned on getting mine from there. I rang up earlier and they told me over the phone it was £5 and never said anything about spending £50 thats crap! oh well will just get it anyway cause I need to have it now!!

Finally got my hands on my copy at 2am this morning.

Was queing from 11:30pm Thats how big the queue was hehe.

I checked out the queue party at Waterstones Piccadily (HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!), then headed up to Borders Oxford St where I'd pre-ordered. Decided on there partly as I expected a smaller queue (I was right...) and partly as though it was £1 more they promised a goody bag. Goody bag disapointing as no HP stuff. Yet to read the book that was in it. Oh well... Only queued from 11 and got my book at 12.40ish so not bad.

Its not a massive store by me but still quite large.

I ..foolishly.. believed it would be like the HBP release where there was a queue of around 50 people hence why it was 11:30pm before i decided to leave the house. I got there..saw what looked like around 100 people outside and thought it wasnt too bad.

MY MISTAKE !!.

What I didnt see was ANOTHER 500-600 people INSIDE the shopping centre that wound around most of the corners in there. The queue moved so slow it was unbelievable. Hence why by the time i got to the entrance of the store it was literally 2am.

I realise now that it was actually quite poorly organised. This Waterstones has 2 levels which you access on either one. They opened only the bottom section, and to my disbelief when i got there.. there were only TWO tills being used instead of the full 8 or 9. No wonder it took forever to get through.

As I said..2am i got mine, there were still at least another 150 people behind me to go.

got mine from Asda for a fiver !! planned to go to Tescos until we heard about the price difference!! still reading OOP at the mo :P but went with friends to get it, and for that price, couldn't not!! didn't get hands on it until 1am ish as didn't get there til 12am, the queue went right round the store! and was surprised they didn't have many tills open! picked up some shopping while we waited for the queues at the checkouts to die down and they had this silly rule about paying for books sepparetly, cuh! ah well it was fun! and it was the last book so it was worth it! :D

surfy sah xx