'Heroes' world Tour

lee_c00per

Thank you so much to all you lovely people who are calling stores now! This little outside-UK-resident is appreciating it all so much, you have no idea, I'm super grateful that you're trying :lol:

:keeps fingers crossed for the Cinema store!: On the edge of my seat!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much to all you lovely people who are calling stores now! This little outside-UK-resident is appreciating it all so much, you have no idea, I'm super grateful that you're trying :lol:

:keeps fingers crossed for the Cinema store!: On the edge of my seat!

Hey! No trouble! It's bank holiday which means sod all on telly (but I guess I could be watching 'Ghost In The Shell' 2nd GIG.....)

I'm in London On Wednesday for the William Gibson signing@Forbidden Planet. I'll head over to the Trocadero and Oxford Street stores if still no word end of Tuesday....

By the way has anyone done a HMV signing before? Are they abit mad? :lol:

Never done one personally, but got a few friends that have in the past, and they've never been too kind about them unfortunately! Bit of a mess usually I've heard.

And with something like High School Musical, I think you can expect a little madness :D

Thanks, just gonna make the most of it really, ive warned my daughter theres a high probability she wont meet Zac but she still wants to go anyway!

Sorry everyone for going off topic! :D

WE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING!!!

Not 100% as yet but I called the Cinema Store in Upper St Martins Lane (off Leicester Square and a VERY cool store!)

Guy I spoke to said that they are looking into some kind of event but nothing has been set in stone, if at all. I have to call back and ask for someone specific tomorrow which I will do.

Like I say, not 100% but it's a start! :lol::D

I know the cinema store, they're cool. I did think about them last week as they have a good releastionship with Christopher Lee so can definately bag some big signers.

Did they specificly say that they are looking into a 'Heroes' event next week?

This sounds promising and i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't advertise it because there will be enough people like us (looking for any info on the web) attending

• Moderators

Thanks, just gonna make the most of it really, ive warned my daughter theres a high probability she wont meet Zac but she still wants to go anyway!

Off topic again but .. I know they're giving wristbands out from 8am, so that's quite early for them .. hope you do get them though! :lol:

Edited by DavidB

WE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING!!!

Not 100% as yet but I called the Cinema Store in Upper St Martins Lane (off Leicester Square and a VERY cool store!)

Guy I spoke to said that they are looking into some kind of event but nothing has been set in stone, if at all. I have to call back and ask for someone specific tomorrow which I will do.

Like I say, not 100% but it's a start! :lol::D

I know the cinema store, they're cool. I did think about them last week as they have a good releastionship with Christopher Lee so can definately bag some big signers.

Did they specificly say that they are looking into a 'Heroes' event next week?

This sounds promising and i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't advertise it because there will be enough people like us (looking for any info on the web) attending

They are usually pretty good for arranging signing but actually advertising them, seeing as their site is never usually up, is not that good. Unless you visit the store on a regular basis, it's hard to know what's possibly going on without ringing them all the time!

As for a 'HEROES' event, that's exaclty what I asked the guy...straight out. Did the same with Virgin Megastores but they gave the impression they didn't know what the show was, let alone a signing event!

I'm in London On Wednesday for the William Gibson signing@Forbidden Planet. I'll head over to the Trocadero and Oxford Street stores if still no word end of Tuesday....

Please do! :lol: I emailed Forbidden Planet a few days ago but havent gotten a reply yet <.<

They are usually pretty good with their site so if it's no up, it's no happenin'. Bit poor that they are still to get back to you though. Then again, just imagine how many e-mails they've had about this in the last few days! :D

I'm in two minds how to look at the lack of information for the London leg of the tour. It's either 1) a great idea NOT releasing much info as it's get's fans like us going nuts for information, therefore making the 'buzz' bigger or 2) it's has just honestly been poorly organised.

Either way, it's still publicity on forums such as this!

Edited by Koroshiya1

There actually has been a rumour going around for a longer time (ie a week or so) about the Forbidden Planet London Megastore, apparently people have asked them about it before and although they said no at first after some insistience they said maybe but couldnt confirm for 100%. So if some of you guys can call them or visit them to ask again, that would rock (like I said I e-mailed but I didnt get a reply :lol:)

To be honest I don't think there's the slightest chance of FP. The guy put me on hold and went to find out. I wondered if maybe he was going off to find out what he was allowed to tell me and expected him to come back denying knowing anything, but it was a "No, sorry, that's absolutely untrue."

• Moderators

Friday's GMTV from their website:

6.00-7.00am GMTV NEWSHOUR (Subtitled & Widescreen)

An hour devoted to up-to-the-minute news and current affairs presented by John Stapleton and Priya Kaur-Jones

7.00-8.35am GMTV TODAY (Subtitled & Widescreen)

Kate Garraway and Andrew Castle start the morning off with more news, views and special guests.

Venice Film Festival

KT Tunstall performs live

Weekend Watching with Richard Arnold

8.35- 9.25am The Richard Arnold Show

Jack Coleman who plays Mr Bennett in 'Heroes' pops in for a chat

Carla Romano live from the Venice film festival with all the latest showbiz news

Richard is cooking in the kitchen with Gordon Ramsey

9.25am GMTV ends

So that narrows his appearance down at least.

They are usually pretty good with their site so if it's no up, it's no happenin'. Bit poor that they are still to get back to you though. Then again, just imagine how many e-mails they've had about this in the last few days! :D

I'm in two minds how to look at the lack of information for the London leg of the tour. It's either 1) a great idea NOT releasing much info as it's get's fans like us going nuts for information, therefore making the 'buzz' bigger or 2) it's has just honestly been poorly organised.

Either way, it's still publicity on forums such as this!

Oooor, it's a great idea because the queues will be smaller. Just a thought :lol:

That only works if we actually find out though :D

Edited by Psychosis

To be honest I don't think there's the slightest chance of FP. The guy put me on hold and went to find out. I wondered if maybe he was going off to find out what he was allowed to tell me and expected him to come back denying knowing anything, but it was a "No, sorry, that's absolutely untrue."

That's odd. The rumour was that someone had called them and had at first also received an answer like the one you described, only after some pressing about how they had *really* heard about it the FP person admitted that something was in the works but he couldnt confirm it. I wonder if this means there was something planned, but it didn't go through?

Still, if someone could confront them about the rumour, maybe there *is* something and they're still told to keep it quiet... I'm planning to go by on Thursday myself (never seen the store anyway :D) to ask them face to face but I wont be in the UK till Thursday and, well, Thursday already *is* a World Tour London day :lol:

Edited by LinP

That's odd. The rumour was that someone had called them and had at first also received an answer like the one you described, only after some pressing about how they had *really* heard about it the FP person admitted that something was in the works but he couldnt confirm it. I wonder if this means there was something planned, but it didn't go through?

Still, if someone could confront them about the rumour, maybe there *is* something and they're still told to keep it quiet... I'm planning to go by on Thursday myself (never seen the store anyway :D) to ask them face to face but I wont be in the UK till Thursday and, well, Thursday already *is* a World Tour London day :lol:

No problem, like I said earlier I'll be in at FP Wednesday for the William Gibson signing. I'll run it by them then! :D

We need to press Cinema store tomorrow as they seem the most likely to me

I say press both :D (but I'm getting desperate :lol:)

No problem, like I said earlier I'll be in at FP Wednesday for the William Gibson signing. I'll run it by them then!

Excellent! Though if I may ask, could you post their response on Wednesday too? I'll be leaving for the UK on Thursday morning 6 am (ack) so I wont have internet access anymore :uhoh:

Is it really likely to be so much busier over here than in New York?

Well, New York (and other American cities) do tend to get more opportunities? This would be their first store signing in the UK, with people like me coming in from abroad for it, I imagine it could be quite crowded. But that's not really a reason to keep it secret - big crowds is big publicity, I guess.

Edited by LinP

We need to press Cinema store tomorrow as they seem the most likely to me

I say press both :D (but I'm getting desperate :lol:)

No problem, like I said earlier I'll be in at FP Wednesday for the William Gibson signing. I'll run it by them then!

Excellent! Though if I may ask, could you post their response on Wednesday too? I'll be leaving for the UK on Thursday morning 6 am (ack) so I wont have internet access anymore :uhoh:

Is it really likely to be so much busier over here than in New York?

Well, New York (and other American cities) do tend to get more opportunities? This would be their first store signing in the UK, with people like me coming in from abroad for it, I imagine it could be quite crowded. But that's not really a reason to keep it secret - big crowds is big publicity, I guess.

That's ok, I intend to post it when I get home Wednesday evening, about 7pm-8pm?

All this secrecy concerning a London fan event could just be down to the fact that a location hasn't been secured due to poor organisation. I'm just guessing here, but the organisers of the world tour might have been waiting to schedule a signing around several press events and just left it too late. If an event at The Cinema Store pans out, which I hope it does, one of the cast could mention it on their press appearances on Friday and that's instant advertising.