Thursday Night Metting in London

lee_c00per

I will be getting into London about 12ish. I want to goto the Exhibition in the afternoon as well, as like Lee (if I remember right) we are both staying very near to Excel. Haven't thought of anything to do in the evening apart from have a walk around Excel and work out the entrances etc... because I have never been there before so just a bit of pre-planning.

I don't suppose you have any idea of costs, what the bust will look like (insert your own joke there) or perhaps a link to it Lee.

It is a shame they deleted our old stuff not sure if it was a case of breaking rules or it just got lost with the problems they previously had. I read an interesting comment on Rebel Scum which I will leave at that.

can someone remind me of the link to the Rebel Scum forum please? Thank you

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame that you have decided not to go now, it is getting an expensive hobby which if getting out of control due to peoples greed. After the inital gulp at prices when you look at them really they aren't that far from normal costs and the usual suspects I presume most of us don't need for our collections. I just hope you don't regret not going cause you know whats sods law is like!

I agree they are slightly more than usual (£20 instead of £15). However there are also alot of guests there who regular charge £15 and are now charging £10 so it sort of balances itself out. L

ike you say most of us will already have the regualrs anyway.

It's not just about the autographs though it's so much more.

This isn't a signing event its the first (only?) official event we've ever had in this country - surely that makes it special in its own right!

can someone remind me of the link to the Rebel Scum forum please? Thank you

I am not sure of the posting of other website forums is allowed within this forum so rather than break any rules just do a search for the name all together with a com at the end

• Showmasters Admin

I've cancelled my hotel. I'm getting a refund on train tickets (minus admin fees) so i need to seel my tickets now for the show.

It's a real shame as i have been excited about this since showmasters announced it last september but they really don't seem that bothered about it.

The organisres say it was up to the guests to make their own prices which may be right but it's Derek Malki who is pushing them to charge more so he get's more money

Hi Lee

I cannot talk about the event as you may have worked out by now. Sorry.

However I understand how you feel, I'm a fan like yourself as well. I was a fan of Star Wars back in '77 and was still a fan in the late 80s when it was out of fashion.

I have been waiting 15 years to be a part of a team running the ultimate Star Wars event, but it's turned out that this is not the year it will happen for me. I have run many unofficial events over the years but I still haven't realised my dream. But maybe one day...

but i have been thinking, it's easy to forget that Star Wars is just a business to some people, which is fine as long as it's fair for all concerned. The collectors, fans, actors, organisations that invest in product licences, tv companies that buy the rights to air the shows, they all have to make money so that new shows, films and products can be made. It's just the way of things, and most of the time Lucasfilm get the balance right between profit and looking after the fans and the licensees.

What is nice is that Lucasfilm are happy for fans to put on events and they understand that we care. So don't get too upset as there will be other Star Wars events and fun entertainment in the future.

I have been asked if there are to be any more Empire Days this year. I re-started the Empire Days after a long gap to try to help drum up interest in the bigger event I was working on at the time.i fogot how much fun it is to meet up with other fans and it was also great to track down unusual guests and have a chance for the actors to meet the fans to . And after 30 years they are getting older and the chance to meet some of them is running out.

So I have decided to carry on running these events, for the fans,myself and the actors. And I have also decided to try to track down some more lost Star Wars actors, with the help of Michael, Graham and Dean. Believe it or not there are still a lot of really good actors with talking parts who have never met the fans!and i think its down to us to make this happon. So to start with at LFCC we will try to get at least 15 new Star Wars guests. We already have Al Lampert, so there's 14 more to go!

if you could let people know it will help alot thanks

Jason

Hi Lee

However I understand how you feel, I'm a fan like yourself as well. I was a fan of Star Wars back in '77 and was still a fan in the late 80s when it was out of fashion.

I have been waiting 15 years to be a part of a team running the ultimate Star Wars event, but it's turned out that this is not the year it will happen for me. I have run many unofficial events over the years but I still haven't realised my dream. But maybe one day...

but i have been thinking, it's easy to forget that Star Wars is just a business to some people, which is fine as long as it's fair for all concerned. The collectors, fans, actors, organisations that invest in product licences, tv companies that buy the rights to air the shows, they all have to make money so that new shows, films and products can be made. It's just the way of things, and most of the time Lucasfilm get the balance right between profit and looking after the fans and the licensees.

What is nice is that Lucasfilm are happy for fans to put on events and they understand that we care. So don't get too upset as there will be other Star Wars events and fun entertainment in the future.

I have been asked if there are to be any more Empire Days this year. I re-started the Empire Days after a long gap to try to help drum up interest in the bigger event I was working on at the time.i fogot how much fun it is to meet up with other fans and it was also great to track down unusual guests and have a chance for the actors to meet the fans to . And after 30 years they are getting older and the chance to meet some of them is running out.

So I have decided to carry on running these events, for the fans,myself and the actors. And I have also decided to try to track down some more lost Star Wars actors, with the help of Michael, Graham and Dean. Believe it or not there are still a lot of really good actors with talking parts who have never met the fans!and i think its down to us to make this happon. So to start with at LFCC we will try to get at least 15 new Star Wars guests. We already have Al Lampert, so there's 14 more to go!

Jason

this is brilliant news, cheers jason.

I've cancelled my hotel. I'm getting a refund on train tickets (minus admin fees) so i need to seel my tickets now for the show.

It's a real shame as i have been excited about this since showmasters announced it last september but they really don't seem that bothered about it.

The organisres say it was up to the guests to make their own prices which may be right but it's Derek Malki who is pushing them to charge more so he get's more money

Hi Lee

Jason

JASON YOU ARE THE MAN.

I HOPE THAT ONE DAY YOU CAN HAVE YOUR DREAM.

AND I HOPE WE ARE ALL THERE TO SHARE IT WITH YOU.......

Hi Lee

Jason

Thanks for that Jason. I appriciate your views. I sure hope you forfill your dreams with an official star wars event. Lee

I too am a little disappointed by what I've seen, and was really disappointed to find out that SM are not involved in the show. I guess the post from Jason above has at least gone some way to cheer me up a bit.

Anyway, regarding tickets for this event - has anyone received theirs yet, as I have not received mine. I see Lee talking about selling on ebay, but could you do that without having the tickets?

Lee just a thought I remember you being a Hyperspace memeber I was wondering if the tickets are different cause that entitles you to early entry and stuff, could this have an effect on you selling your tickets?

Shouldn't do if it is the same as C4. There you got the same type of tickets but then you get a seperate fan club laynard to get in early

Anyway, regarding tickets for this event - has anyone received theirs yet, as I have not received mine

Haven't had mine yet - but it says you may not get them til the last minute

But the way things are going that does not surprise me........

Edited by LITTLEOBI-WAN

There seems to be a lot of negativity about this event which isn't helping anybody. It's starting to take shape slowly and hopefully it will be good. The trouble is that those of you who can get to empire days and every collectormania are spoilt with the guests you can get. For those of us from abit further afield with families to support it isn't always practical - (I hope you're reading this Jason and adding SW guests to collectormania manchester).

It's a shame there aren't some high proifle guests and it's a shame that Jason isn't getting them as he seems to have access to so many more.

However I'm still going - it's for the whole experience not just autographs.

Jason are you still going??

Just a pointer if you haven't got Dave Prowses auto then I recommend you make it quite soon. I was talking to a friend of his yesterday and his hips are getting worse and he's in constant pain so may not do many more appearances. Also nobodies seen Kenny Baker for a few weeks as he's quite ill too.

• Showmasters Admin

There seems to be a lot of negativity about this event which isn't helping anybody. It's starting to take shape slowly and hopefully it will be good. The trouble is that those of you who can get to empire days and every collectormania are spoilt with the guests you can get. For those of us from abit further afield with families to support it isn't always practical - (I hope you're reading this Jason and adding SW guests to collectormania manchester).

It's a shame there aren't some high proifle guests and it's a shame that Jason isn't getting them as he seems to have access to so many more.

However I'm still going - it's for the whole experience not just autographs.

Jason are you still going??

Just a pointer if you haven't got Dave Prowses auto then I recommend you make it quite soon. I was talking to a friend of his yesterday and his hips are getting worse and he's in constant pain so may not do many more appearances. Also nobodies seen Kenny Baker for a few weeks as he's quite ill too.

Hi i talked to Kenny the other day he has been unwell but is getting better now he is at home and resting as for Dave he has had trouble with his hips for menny years now but copes well so i think we will still see them for some time attending events

i am now working on getting star wars guests for the LFCC and it is looking good we will keep you all up to date as thay come in

jason

:huh::D:YAHOO::WINCE:

That makes me laugh, what is taken shape, with less than five weeks to go, what do we really now about the event, 20 guests and one guest speaker, which has alot to be desired about.

ps I almost forget a free 30th coin and two special figures......

I think we can safely say that if SM were involved in the organisation of this we'd have had far greater detail of what would be happening at the show with around 4 weeks to go.

They used the excuse of the US event as being the reason for not announcing anything too early, but that is 3 weeks passed now and surely we, the paying fans who are attending this event, have a right to know what to expect.

I do agree that the guests should be just part of a great weekend long experience, but right now I - sadly - evnisage this as being a bit of an expensive let down. The only lucky thing about that is the fact that it's being held in London, so if it is disappointing there are plenty of other things to do around and about.

I'm hoping that the communication will improve, but then I have signed up for the mailing list twice and not received any updates while some friends have! Don't know what's wrong with my email address in that respect!!

Fingers crossed for some good news on this in the coming days and weeks.

I should add that the one thing that really worries me relating to the price of guests is that if Prowse is the same as Williams then is Prowse being considered as a main guest by the organisers, so to speak? Is Prowse the best we are going to get? No disrespect to him, but he is a regular at a lot of shows, whereas the likes of BDW are not. So, to charge £25 for BDW is just about fair in my opinion, but we'll all be paying over the odds for the likes of Prowse, Bulloch and Park if we choose to meet them there!

Sorry everyone I'm just trying to stay positive because of all of the money I've paid out already!!

Hi i talked to Kenny the other day he has been unwell but is getting better now he is at home and resting as for Dave he has had trouble with his hips for menny years now but copes well so i think we will still see them for some time attending events

i am now working on getting star wars guests for the LFCC and it is looking good we will keep you all up to date as thay come in

jason

That's good to hear I have enjoyed meeting them both on many occasions and Kenny lives nearby so have seen him a few times out and about (normally pranging his car at the shopping centre carpark!). It's a shame that you are not involved in CE anymore but maybe you could get the license for the next one??!!

I would still like some rare SW guests at the next manchester show especially as I've paid out for this event already as my annual trip to London (LFCC last year and year before) so cannot afford to come down in september as well!