Lost Season 3 - 2 Hour Season Finale Discussion

DavidB

• Moderators

Previously on Lost ...

lostfinaletileiv4.jpg

And next ...

Through The Looking Glass

Wednesday, May 23rd

Jack and the rest of the survivors begin their efforts to make contact with Naomi's rescue ship.

• Moderators

These were my initial post-finale thoughts I posted elsewhere, but that don't cover everything as there's a million things that could be said:

Now that was my favourite finale of the season.

Granted, we didn't get an all out 'war' so to speak, but a few little bits of action were well placed in a finale that was more about turning everything on its head.

Thank God they didn't wimp out on the Charlie front, as that was done to perfection and was really moving, even down to the Penny moment and the message on his hand. And the fact that Patchy was so evil .. hell, I love that dude .. or loved

I can't even think of all the things to discuss really! It's too much! It included, but is not limited to ...

- Alex and Danielle, aww!

- Jack got balls, yay! SUCK ON THOSE FISTS BENJAMIN.

- Others dead dead dead and more dead! Even Tom? oh no! No more Friendly sports with Jack!

- Underwater hotties sure didn't last long.

- Penny, woo! But oh so short .. at least it gives her the motivation to carry on.

- Naomi! Who? And Ben telling the truth? Who is out there?! Argh! DHARMA people or something? *shrugs* Gotta be the same lineage of those who Ben eliminated in the past perhaps? Would explain why he really doesn't want them there.

- WALT! Bless his not-so-young-anymore self. But how? Why? And what the hell did he say to Locke to make him do what he did? Hmm ..

- Flash FORWARD?! I didn't see that coming at all. Like really, not even a little little bit. Mainly my thoughts went in this order: HUH? BEARD?, HUH? DRUNK?, HUH? MAPS?, HUH? KATE?, HUH? WHAT THE F**K? HAVE TO GO BACK? WHAT? HUH? AHHHHH *head explodes*

F**king loved it though. Damn straight.

I agree with you DavidB....exellent finale.

But....is Charlie dead....will Patchy ever die....

who's funeral was it....Locke, Ben, Sawyer?????

How DO they get off the island???

So many new questions.... :whistling:

:thumbup:

• Moderators

Charlie's definitely dead. He accepted what he had to do to get Claire and Aaron off the island, and made peace with his death there.

As for Patchy, he's got more lives than a cat I think!

No idea who the funeral was for. Wouldn't be surprised if it were someone we'd not met yet, but I guess we'll see ..

Yeah he said to go upstairs and get his father there to compare who was more drunk. So is his dad still alive? His body went missing on the island so maybe. Oh look it's all such a head mash. Charlie dead, I can't handle that it had better be Pam Ewing's dream.

• Moderators

His dad isn't alive.

Either he was talking complete rubbish because he was drunk, or he was being sarcastic and annoying like Jack can be, or he was referring to Heaven.

Daddy is dead, and he's staying dead. Dead as a very very dead dead thing.

Right, you know how that it it ended on an apparent Flash Forward,

Me and my brother were chatting about it, what if : It was a flashback, and all the rest of it was the second time they had crashed, I know, Very unlikely, but if I dont come up with theories my face will fall off with wonderment...

JA

Edited by JackAubrey

i still think jack's dad is behind a lot of this... i have a feeling lol!

i knew patch was gonna come back... it was almost too easy for charlie not to die when they shot em all! if i was charlie i would of swum out of the hole... the signal was found anyway!

and god damn you jin i knew you shouldn't of volunteered lol!!!

The final was really good, but completely weird.

I'm thinking that the 'Flash-Forward' is a 'What If...?', it might just be something to show what could happen if the Losties get home this time.

The thing that really has annoyed me about this series, apart from it taking 15 episodes to get any good (IMO), is that noone asks any questions, and I mean real questions!

For exapmple... When Jack was first captured by 'The Others' and when he first me Juliette, why didn't he ask "Why am I here?" "Who are you people, really?" "What do you want with me/us?"

You know, things like that!?!

And then towards the end of the series, when Ben was being all "You can't do this or that, because...", why didn't Jack just ask why, instead of going along with more of Ben's mysteries?

And, the same with the stand off between Locke and Jack, why couldn't Jack just ask Locke why they shouldn't get rescued, and why couldn't Locke just give a straight answer too?

Also, with Charlie, he could have gotten out of the room and got Desmond to help him close the door, there was no real reason for him to seal himself in. If he and Des managed to close the door, that'd buy them time to get the scuba-gear on and go (or was there only two suits, and Patchy took one, leaving only one for Desmond, hence the sacrifice of Charlie?). And even though Charlie did seal himself in, he could have at least tried to go out through the blown window, it looked big enough to me.

Damn, it all. Nobody asks the real questions! It annoys me!

Edited by Purple Cheese Monkey

• Moderators

if i was charlie i would of swum out of the hole... the signal was found anyway!

You wouldn't though. If you had to sacrifice yourself for the woman you loved and her child, then you would - especially with everything Charlie had seen before in regards to Desmond's flashes and everything coming true. He truly believed that he had to die right there to get Claire rescued - hence why he whacked Desmond in the first place etc.

For exapmple... When Jack was first captured by 'The Others' and when he first me Juliette, why didn't he ask "Why am I here?" "Who are you people, really?" "What do you want with me/us?"

And then towards the end of the series, when Ben was being all "You can't do this or that, because...", why didn't Jack just ask why, instead of going along with more of Ben's mysteries?

And, the same with the stand of between Locke and Jack, why couldn't Jack just ask Locke why they shouldn't get rescued, and why couldn't Locke just give a straight answer too?

1. He was captured - why would he trust them? Even if he DID ask them, who's to say the answers would be the truth anyway? When you've lived on an island with people that steal babies and children etc, you probably wouldn't exactly trust them enough to believe the answers they'd give. So yeah, you can kinda understand why he just wouldn't bother. And Ben already proved himself to be very manipulative.

2. Again, especially after everything that had happened, Jack would trust Ben even less.

3. Can you imagine it? "So John, why shouldn't we get rescued?" ... "Oh, because Walt told me!" ... yeah, you'd kinda have to think that wouldn't go down too well :YAHOO:

Hey DavidB,

Yeah, your answers are very true and I thought of those too. I just get annoyed that we the viewers keep getting more questions and everything to do with the Others frustrates me.

Does anyone know for sure if Series 4 is to be the last full series (and series 5 only being a half 'tie-up loose ends' series) or if the new rumours of it having another two full series' are real?

• Moderators

Oh and another thing - if they simply asked questions and got answers, it probably wouldn't take very long to solve everything lol

"Hey, I'm Jack, so what's this island do?"

"Well ... so there was this Dharma thing ..."

Half hour later, we've got all the answers and solved everything in less than one episode :YAHOO:

In regards to what's left of Lost:

Lost will continue for a fourth, fifth and sixth year, concluding with the 117th produced episode of the series during the 2009–2010 season. These three final seasons will consist of 16 episodes each, running weekly in the spring— uninterrupted by repeats

No idea who the funeral was for. Wouldn't be surprised if it were someone we'd not met yet, but I guess we'll see ..

It could be Ben. In the 'foward flash' Jack wants to get back to the Island, and the only person who can lead Jack back would probably be Ben. If Ben is dead, Jack would be upset because he wouldn't be able to get back(hoping the plane would crash is useless. No more magnetic pull to bring the plane down) and that would be the reason Jack was crying and wanted to commit suicide. He also said the person was neither friend or family. Kate also said why would she go to the funeral.

But then again it could be someone else that between now and then, made him or herself so unlikable, that no one wanted to honor their memory.