Clashes in schedule

buffy2k

i have a rquest for Showmasters.

As most of the buffy fans are wanting to see all 4 buffy guests can we ask that you dont clash any of their events. i am particularly worried about Sunday, if we have a photoshoot on sunday afternoon as with Charisma and James dont make it too late please cos by the time they are processed for collection we will all be down the stadium for the talk with James so can we collect on the monday or are all uncollected photos destroyed?

the other thing is auto tickets i know someone said on here somewhere the best thing for CC and James who will be the busiest buffy stars to get friends to pick up tickets for the autos but last time you werent allowed to do this the stewards only hand out auto tickets to the person collecting them and one only so you cant get them for friends so if we are queuing outside for James from about 4-5 am if not earlier then we are not going to get one for CC, how does this work - can you collect tickets for friends this time then? They dont normally let you.

thanks nicky

• Showmasters Admin

SM will try and create a schedule that will allow as many people as possible to go to everything they want to.

You can't miss one photoshoot whilst in another one because we only have one photographer and so the photoshoots are one after each other from around 11am until about 3pm.

Any talks will be later, at about 5pm-6pm, so you won't miss one by doing a photo session. If there is more than one talk in a day they will very likely be scheduled to be after each other, so again you'll not miss one by being in another.

It has happened in the past were different talks have been on at the same time but they were for different programs/films and it was back when we had 5-6 talks, so far at C11 we only have 1. It's very unlikely to happen at C11.

You can pick up photos on Monday. If for some reason you think you won't be able to pick them up at all, you can leave your name and address and your description and they will be sent to you. They are NOT destroyed.

It is ONE TICKET PER PERSON. This is clearly stated in the FAQ, please read it! When people are talking around getting them for friends they are talking about people either not getting them for themselves, or getting their own and then re-joining the queue to get a friend one. No one will be given more than one ticket especially in James's queue.

CC will NOT be that busy. She will be busy but even after you get your James ticket if you go straight to get a CC ticket you'll likely be about number 300, you'll be fine.

Edited by Too Tall

I'm the bad guy of ticketing apparently cos i just REFUSE to give out more than 1 ticket person everytime. I've lost count of the times people have begged me for a ticket for their other half who is in another queue and got a mouthful off that person for not giving them one lol.

Oh the joys of being on the end of VT queue hehe... ;)

Edited by DisneyDude78

Thanks for the info Too Tall . I just didnt want to end up not being able to collect my photos as you know what its like eveyone starts queuing for the talks hours before. disney dude i think you are so right though it is unfair if you were to give out say 10 tickets to one person anyway.

Is the venue for this slanted this time like a lecture theatre as last time James Tony and alexis came it was all on one level and you couldnt see a thing at the back or hear anything it was bad as well as total chaos.

Nicky

What about people with disabilities? I have trouble walking/standing so at previous Collectormanias, if the VT people have been understanding they have let me tag on the end if it's not busy or let my mum (who helps me) get a ticket for me while I sit down. I wasn't impressed with the help at LFCC last year, so I hope Collectormania won't let me down. I hope the photo sessions won't be toooo late in the day, as I get tired. Do you know when the times will be up? (Sorry if you've answered this already!)

• Showmasters Admin

We try and be as accommodating to disabled people as we can be. It's a good idea to either talk to the organisers booth or a pit boss (the crew it red shirts). The more we're in the know the better.

Your mum getting you a ticket is not a problem, just try and be in sight. It's just we get a lot of people "trying it on". They will say they need an extra ticket for a disabled friend but in fact the friend is just in another queue. If the crew member can see you sat down they'll be more likely to oblige. It's these "fakers" that spoil it for the genuine disabled people as we have to double check.

As I've said above the photo shoots are usually between 11am and 3pm.

I'm the bad guy of ticketing apparently cos i just REFUSE to give out more than 1 ticket person everytime. I've lost count of the times people have begged me for a ticket for their other half who is in another queue and got a mouthful off that person for not giving them one lol.

Oh the joys of being on the end of VT queue hehe... :YAHOO:

Now we all know you love the abuse :D

peeka 85 (apps for OT)

perhaps you've done this before but I think the best bet is to email SM BEFORE the show (in good time i.e. a few weeks) and explain that you'll need some one to get a ticket for you etc. they can help you more if they know in advance and, who knows, maybe they can issue a disability badge, simular to Gold Pass one, or something? I'm not saying you want to be labelled disabled of course but I've stewarded several conventions where this sort of badge is in use and it really helps the stewards to know who should be sat in the disabled area etc without having to ask questions :thumbup:

just a thought :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

peeka 85 (apps for OT)

perhaps you've done this before but I think the best bet is to email SM BEFORE the show (in good time i.e. a few weeks) and explain that you'll need some one to get a ticket for you etc. they can help you more if they know in advance and, who knows, maybe they can issue a disability badge, simular to Gold Pass one, or something? I'm not saying you want to be labelled disabled of course but I've stewarded several conventions where this sort of badge is in use and it really helps the stewards to know who should be sat in the disabled area etc without having to ask questions :o

just a thought :YAHOO:

surfy sah xx

Thanks, I might try that! I emailed the people at London ***** before and they were really helpful. It's just in Sept at LFCC I was going to have a pic with Elijah Wood and at first they didn't let my mum come with me in the queue, even though they could see I was having difficulty walking and she was holding me up! They did let her eventually but they were extremely rude about it. Never had that problem at Collectomania though!! x

ok thanks TT. It makes me sick that people would pretend to have a disability. Hopefully I won't be disappointed with the help available this year.

If they knew what we face every day, they wouldn't pretend it. It is rather sickening, I agree. I'm kinda glad in some ways that my own disability is primarily mental health related, but that does make some things more challenging than others, as I'm sure yours does for you. Good luck!

Well I emailed them on the 15th and haven't had a reply. That doesn't bode well. Never mind. I just hope they're understanding on the day. Not everyone is physically able to queue for hours :-(

They will get back to you, they always do. That's one thing i can say in there favour they've always replied to my e-mails :(

I don't know if it would work but how about if those giving out the VQ tickets also had a few disabled tickets, differently coloured to distinguish them from the usual tickets. If someone comes up and asks for a ticket for a disabled friend who cannot come up and queue, they can have one of them. Then when it is time for them to join the back of the queue, it should be obvious or not if they are truly disabled. If they aren't, kick them out of the queue and take the ticket back.

I know not all disabilities are really visable but most have some form of physical 'tell'. My dad was classed last year after suffering a brain hemmorage and is now a bit wobbly on his feet and veers off course a bit which makes it hard in crowds so I know how difficult it is for some.

• Moderators

Well, it's potentially a good idea, but personally if I was crewing with that sort of system I wouldn't want to be put in the position to judge what counts as 'disabled' or not, and having to check whether they are or not when they come up. It'd make me a bit uncomfortable really.