How much is this LOTR convention going to cost ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

It all still in the planning stages at the moment but this is what we think it will cost:

REGULAR attendee price - £70.00

you will get:

2 x free autographs randomly allocated from the guests attending.

access to the convention activities for the full 3 days including all main stage events, talks, theatre events, costume parade and lots more.

Parties on Friday and Saturday nights with the guests staying open until late.

Goody bags containing LOTR stuff.

Dead dog party (not literally!) on SUNDAY night with the guests, until late

SILVER attendee price - £150.00

you will get:

1 x free autograph from every the guests attending the convention.

Entry to a 1 hour VIP reception on the FRIDAY night, with the guests.

Access to the convention activities for the full 3 days including all main stage events including talks, theatre events, costume parade and lots more.

GOLD attendee price - £385.00 (these are very limited and only 100)

you will get:

1 x free autograph from every the guests attending the convention.

Entry to a 1 hour VIP reception on the FRIDAY night, with the guests.

Entry to 1 hour VIP reception on the SATURDAY night with the guests.

Free photo opportunity with all the guests attending the convention.

3 course meal at the BANQUET on SATURDAY night with a guest on your table.

Priority queuing for photo ops.

Priority queuing for autographs.

Priority seating in the main hall.

Access to the convention activities for the full 3 days including all main stage events including talks, theatre events, costume parade and lots more.

Well thats where we are at the moment. There will be more activities to come, but this starts to lay out some of what's on offer.

let us know what you think.

Showmasters

"OH" and as for guests we are talking to a lot of them and i think that you know we will not let you down and we will bring some really great names

peopel that want to buy a regular pass but want buy ,photo ops,autographs,or the saturday banquet, will be able to as long as thea do not run out

Sounds good. Can people opting for the regular or silver tickets still get photo opp tickets if bought seperately? I know they are included in the cost for the Gold package, but can you buy them there if opting for one of the other packages?

• Showmasters Admin

"Sounds good. Can people opting for the regular or silver tickets still get photo opp tickets if bought seperately? I know they are included in the cost for the Gold package, but can you buy them there if opting for one of the other packages?"

i just added something to the top of the thred to do with this

jason

"Sounds good. Can people opting for the regular or silver tickets still get photo opp tickets if bought seperately? I know they are included in the cost for the Gold package, but can you buy them there if opting for one of the other packages?"

i just added something to the top of the thred to do with this

jason

whats the rough estimate of guests

Well this is excellent news!!! At least now we know what we have to look forward to and how much we need to save to get the ticket we want. The prices seem fair for what you are offering, and I will look forward to meeting old friends - both guests and con-goers. Yippeeeeee!!!!

It sounds like there are lots of great activities planned and I for one will be taking part in as much as I can!! Time to get out the sewing machine I think and also to plan a costume for my little girl.. now what can I dress a 2 year old in? ????? LOL

Watch out Marc - your Hot Brit chicks are eagerly awaiting your arrival - hope you're ready for partying hard!!!

Rosie XX

Well this is excellent news!!! At least now we know what we have to look forward to and how much we need to save to get the ticket we want. The prices seem fair for what you are offering, and I will look forward to meeting old friends - both guests and con-goers. Yippeeeeee!!!!

It sounds like there are lots of great activities planned and I for one will be taking part in as much as I can!! Time to get out the sewing machine I think and also to plan a costume for my little girl.. now what can I dress a 2 year old in? ????? LOL

Watch out Marc - your Hot Brit chicks are eagerly awaiting your arrival - hope you're ready for partying hard!!!

Rosie XX

Oh I am so up for the partying!!!!!! I am not going to Germany this year (though in all fairness it would be cheeper than buying a Gold ticket lol) and am so looking forward to this. We will be able to see friends who we haven't been able to meet up with in a few years and those who regularly meet up too and it's all very exciting.

I hope if Claudia makes it over she's got a bank loan for her shopping trip :thumbup:

And yup, Marc, your Hot Brit Chicks will definatley be awaiting your arrival, the UK won't know what's hit them BRING IT ON!!! :D

Lisa x x

Just a quick question please Jason -

I am going all threee days but am leaving my children behind with their Grandparents. My initial intention was to have them bought up for the day and get my dad etc a day pass to do this. Will there be an option to buy day passes and will children 10 and under be free or charged for (or half price?).

Lisa x x

Will there be the opportunity to buy single autograph tickets, one day passes, and access to parties and takls separately also?

I was only intending on coming down for the one day, depending on what days the guests I want to see are there.

Please could you clear this up?

Thanks.

sounds fantastic. i am really looking forward the 'convention' side of things. i have only ever really experienced collectormania style events and i think you will agree when i say they are quite different.

its all rather exciting really. and reasonably priced too i think. lots for your money!

=x=

• Showmasters Admin

Will there be the opportunity to buy single autograph tickets, one day passes, and access to parties and takls separately also?

I was only intending on coming down for the one day, depending on what days the guests I want to see are there.

Thanks.

All good questions, and we will have answers after we have our next meeting about this next week.

So watch this space

Jason

Thanks.

All good questions, and we will have answers after we have our next meeting about this next week.

So watch this space

Jason

Much appreciated. Thanks

Wonder if sm will offer a payment scheme to spread the cost over a couple of months rather than a lump sum

I've never seen ANY event do a payment scheme. but if you don't ask then you wont get. I'm starting to save now cos I'm definitely coming. My credit card may hate me for it, but it's got to be done - how often does an event like this come to the UK?!!!!

Rosie x

Wonder if sm will offer a payment scheme to spread the cost over a couple of months rather than a lump sum

I've never seen ANY event do a payment scheme. but if you don't ask then you wont get. I'm starting to save now cos I'm definitely coming. My credit card may hate me for it, but it's got to be done - how often does an event like this come to the UK?!!!!

Rosie x

Whoop Whoop!! Road trip Rosie!!! My credit card thinks my name is 'declined' lol, but hell I'd not eat for months if it meant I could do this event.

I'd still like to find out about childrens tickets, and also if there will be a place for pushchairs. Believe me it's not fun being told you can't take your pushchair into the main hall (it happened at another venue and was not popluar with those that had paid a small fortune for tickets) and also that your seat was the one right at the top of the stairs in the middle of the row......(though I gotta admit this was sorted out brilliantly for us and we got top notch treatment)

Will watch all threads with baited breath and can't wait to meet up with everybody :YAHOO: