Fedcon UK

showmasters

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed - it was going to be just after my 30th birthday so I was looking forward to it as an extended celebration. I'd like to take this opportunity to ask for the guests I'd like to see at another show (or at other Showmasters events):

Wil Wheaton

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

Whoopie Goldberg

Rosalind Chao

Diana Muldaur

Terry Farrell

Cirroc Lofton

Nana Visitor

Aaron Eisenberg

Max Grodenchik

James Darren

Tim Russ

Jeri Ryan

Jennifer Lien

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

Ricardo Montalbahn

Bibi Besch

Merrit Butrick

Kirstie Alley

Robin Curtis

Christopher Lloyd

Catherine Hicks

David Warner

Laurence Luckinbill

Kim Cattrall

Christopher Plummer

Malcolm McDowell

James Cromwell

Alfre Woodard

F Murray Abraham

Donna Murphy

Ron Perlman

I'm disappointed - it was going to be just after my 30th birthday so I was looking forward to it as an extended celebration. I'd like to take this opportunity to ask for the guests I'd like to see at another show (or at other Showmasters events):

Wil Wheaton

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

Whoopie Goldberg

Rosalind Chao

Diana Muldaur

Terry Farrell

Cirroc Lofton

Nana Visitor

Aaron Eisenberg

Max Grodenchik

James Darren

Tim Russ

Jeri Ryan

Jennifer Lien

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

Ricardo Montalbahn

Bibi Besch

Merrit Butrick

Kirstie Alley

Robin Curtis

Christopher Lloyd

Catherine Hicks

David Warner

Laurence Luckinbill

Kim Cattrall

Christopher Plummer

Malcolm McDowell

James Cromwell

Alfre Woodard

F Murray Abraham

Donna Murphy

Ron Perlman

It was going to be my 30th birthday too right on the 23rd the day it started. I am so gutted. Oh well its one of those things I guess. Gives me more time to save up I guess...will have to make ait a belated birthday gift to myself

I don't think you'll be seeing either Merritt Butrick or Bibi Besch at any event...

Wil Wheaton

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

Whoopie Goldberg

Rosalind Chao

Diana Muldaur

Terry Farrell

Cirroc Lofton

Nana Visitor

Aaron Eisenberg

Max Grodenchik

James Darren

Tim Russ

Jeri Ryan

Jennifer Lien

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

Ricardo Montalbahn

Bibi Besch

Merrit Butrick

Kirstie Alley

Robin Curtis

Christopher Lloyd

Catherine Hicks

David Warner

Laurence Luckinbill

Kim Cattrall

Christopher Plummer

Malcolm McDowell

James Cromwell

Alfre Woodard

F Murray Abraham

Donna Murphy

Ron Perlman

I'd say the odds on this event ever going ahead are slim.

Even if it did, there's not enough public demand for it or any other Star Trek event to be viable.

Try telling that to the organisers of a non-Showmasters event which took place two weeks ago. It was a Trek only event and the final day was packed to the rafters. I think another show is entirely viable and I look forward to attending should it take place.

^^ agreed!!! If there are guests that have been to many shows... yea it could be quiet- as any would be. But get just 1 good guest and... wow it'd be really busy. Esp with sm's added features. But Its now over a year away, so i'm not fantastically optimistic atm.

Even if it did, there's not enough public demand for it or any other Star Trek event to be viable.

Try telling that to the organisers of a non-Showmasters event which took place two weeks ago. It was a Trek only event and the final day was packed to the rafters. I think another show is entirely viable and I look forward to attending should it take place.

Sunday was busy because of Patrick Stewart. Saturday was a lot quieter and Friday was dead.

Sunday was busy because of Patrick Stewart. Saturday was a lot quieter and Friday was dead.

There were about 250 people there on the Saturday. It was awful. To hold a 3 day event around one guest on one day is nuts if you can't even 1/3 fill the two other days.

There are only a small handful of Trek stars who will make a Trek only event viable. You're looking at Shatner, Nimoy, Stewart, Mulgrew, Farrell and possibly Bakula and Jeri Ryan ie they're either the most expensive guests or the ones who won't do events.

Trek fans won't bother to turn out to see anyone else now because they've seen it all before too many times.

There are only a small handful of Trek stars who will make a Trek only event viable. You're looking at Shatner, Nimoy, Stewart, Mulgrew, Farrell and possibly Bakula and Jeri Ryan ie they're either the most expensive guests or the ones who won't do events.

Which ones won't do events? I always hoped I'd be able to meet all the series regulars.

early 2008.... hmmmmmmm#

Please, please, please don't put it on the same weekend in February as a cetain other scifi event held on the south coast......

Now that's just giving them ideas.

That event seems to be well on the skids, so I doubt anymore effort would be wasted trying to put it out of business when it seems to be doing such a good job itself without any help.

Which ones won't do events? I always hoped I'd be able to meet all the series regulars.

If you want to meet all the regulars from all the series, you'll have to go to Las Vegas. There's no doubt about that.

I think Bakula has done about one gig in the US. Ryan as far as I know has never appeared anywhere (could be wrong), and Farrell hasn't done one for years, is a serial canceller, and a founder member of the Showmasters Promises and Piecrust Brigade (SPPB).

Wil Wheaton won't leave the US, so that counts him out.

Diana Muldaur recently do an event in the US, but we were promised her here a while ago by the SPPB.

Jeri appeared for the now defunct Slanted Fedora (as I recall) and Terry was a guest at an independent show either last year or the year before, which featured all of the Next Gen cast aside from Patrick Stewart. As you mentioned, she does have a tendency to cancel so I was amazed when she actually showed up...

If you want to meet all the regulars from all the series, you'll have to go to Las Vegas. There's no doubt about that.

I think Bakula has done about one gig in the US. Ryan as far as I know has never appeared anywhere (could be wrong), and Farrell hasn't done one for years, is a serial canceller, and a founder member of the Showmasters Promises and Piecrust Brigade (SPPB).

Wil Wheaton won't leave the US, so that counts him out.

Diana Muldaur recently do an event in the US, but we were promised her here a while ago by the SPPB.

Jeri appeared for the now defunct Slanted Fedora (as I recall) and Terry was a guest at an independent show either last year or the year before, which featured all of the Next Gen cast aside from Patrick Stewart. As you mentioned, she does have a tendency to cancel so I was amazed when she actually showed up...

Was it in the UK or in the States?