ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Charisma

I've checked through Too Tall's FAQ and the guests I was thinking about were originally announced for Sunday. What gives? I'll be disappointed if I miss out on autographs from Christopher Malcolm and Al Lampert.

Edited by nosfer2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I've checked through Too Tall's FAQ and the guests I was thinking about were originally announced for Sunday. What gives? I'll be disappointed if I miss out on autographs from Christopher Malcolm and Al Lampert.

It does look like they've changed days. As David says the website is the master. I only take the info from that.

Can we please have a price for Danny Dyer?

He'll be £15 as he's £25 on MSPGs site.

Well my first post for my con I`ll be attending (Really looking forward to this too :headscratch: ).

Anyway I was wondering if there will be a floorplan of dealers positions as well as celebs tables online or on the day?

I`ll be there on Sat though around 10-11am (once my train arrives) & an earlybird on Sun.

Thank`s

Jason

• Moderators

They've never given out one before I'm afraid, so it's unlikely this time - usually things are changing up until the last minute, so it's hard to give something like that.

I don't know what they plan on giving out with entry, but I'd just expect to get lost with everyone else :headscratch:

Hi, first post.

This is my first ever con so i just need to check i got things right.

So you get a virtual ticket from the guests booth and then when your number is called you queue up. You then pay before you see the guest and get a photo to be signed. You then meet the guest have a quick chat, get your photo signed and ask if you can have a photo with the guest.

Is that right?

The 3 main guests i want to meet are:

Hayden Panettiere

Patrick Stewart

Torri Higginson

In that order.

I am planning to arrive at 9:00am.

Is this wise or shall i come earlier as i would like to meet all of them.

Cheers for your help.

Fate42

Ps is it wise to bring something to carry the sighned photos in or are bags provided?

PPs will there be a place to buy posters etc and can i have thoes sighned instead? And if so what is the general price of a poster?

• Moderators

Welcome Fate :D

OK here's some quick answers ...

Hayden and Patrick will be two of the most popular guests so you SHOULD be ok at 9am but there's no harm arriving any earlier if you can. You might have to wait around a while before your number comes up too, so hopefully that's ok!

You might not be able to have photos with them if they're too busy - it'll say at the end of the queues.

I'd bring something to carry your photos in, though some dealers do sell folders etc if you want to pick one up.

And dealers usually sell posters but we can't really say what'll be there until the day! They usually get as much as they can relating to the guests attending though. I don't really know how much they'd be, sorry.

And yes you can get them signed :YAHOO:

I think that's everything! Have a great time ^_^

• Moderators

It can happen, but I highly doubt it'll die down that much with Hayden and Patrick because they are only there for the 1 day unfortunately, so everyone's got to see them then!

But sure, if you're around towards the end of the day and they're not doing anything, there's no harm in asking a crew member :YAHOO:

Maybe a silly question, but I've never been to a con or anything before :lol: but I will be leaving for London a few days before LFCC (I'm Dutch and have planned a whole trip to London around the con - never been there before, and very excited! :lol:), so I won't have internet access for a few days leading up the con. So I was wondering, will there be a sign or something at the entrance/anyplace before you buy tickets that lists all guests for the day, in case I miss the announcement of a last-minute addition/cancellation?

• Moderators

Ummm I don't think they have before - sometimes there are whiteboards with a list of all guests and how busy they are etc, but that's inside the event .. so that might say 'cancelled' or something.

Allright, thanks :) (helpful hint to Showmasters - put up a clear sign at the entrance with all guests appearing that day! :lol: :lol:)

Also - in the FAQ it says "If you know you're going to want items personalised it's a really good idea to bring a piece of paper with your name clearly written/printed on it. This way you can give it to the guest and there is no chance of spelling mistakes." Is that really necessary? My name is Linda... I'd almost feel like I was insulting the actor's intelligence if I bring that on a piece of paper to avoid spelling mistakes :lol:

• Moderators

Is that really necessary? My name is Linda... I'd almost feel like I was insulting the actor's intelligence if I bring that on a piece of paper to avoid spelling mistakes :lol:

What if they spelt it Lynda? :lol:

It's not insulting - there's just different spellings, plus sometimes people have accents etc :lol:

Better to be safe than sorry!

I can tell you absolutely definitely that any CANCELLATION information will be clearly visible BEFORE you pay for admission. This has absolutely always been the case at LFACC and GMex - although not that I've seen for MK since it is free admission.

I'm pretty sure that it's a legal thing - sort of they can't take your money without telling you that someone / something that you came to see isn't going to be in there. Obviously the point of entry (with the forum and website) is the last, and most common place you can provide this information.

LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS, however - certainly with less than a week left, are almost unheard of. Paul Freeman at MK being the only one I can think of.

I'm having my usual show panic! I'm obv a vetran to these types of things, but I've never been to an LFCC and seen one of the 'big' names guests so I always turn up about 11ish. For this one I'm going to see Hayden, Patrick and Dom, (as well as loads more) so I have to be quick with my timing. I'm planing to get there for 7 when the car parks open, and then queue up (I've already bought my early bird ticket).

My qn is... is the queueing like at MK, where there is a seperate queue for each guest, and you stay there till it opens then madly dash to the next queue? Or do we all queue in the same line, and then when it open go from mini queue to mini queue for each guest? Cos I'd hate it to be like last time where I queued for Brandon, then had to join the back of a long queue for James Masters...

Any advice would be great, thanks!!

• Moderators

From what I remember from giving out queue tickets .. everyone queued outside, then were let in, and everyone rushed towards the guests and just grabbed a ticket, and moved onto the next one etc ..

Of course as this is a different venue I'm not entirely sure how they'll structure it, especially with the bigger guests, but they'll usually give the option of filling up the queue space, or taking a ticket and coming back.

I don't actually know if that answers what you're asking :lol: