i think we should start to get some guests for Glasgow

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we will start geting guests for this show very soon

And we will bring you an event to be proud of and unlike anything that Scottish fans have seen before

Watch this space

Showmasters will not let you down

And we hope to work with as meny local groups to make this event something to truly remember

So if you want to be involved then "just do it" and get involved buy emailing us at Showmasters

<info@showmastersonline.com> And be apart of making the fun come alive

We look forward to seeing you all

Jason and the Showmasters team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its been almost 4 months now since this thread started and still no guests :thumbup:

Ok some of us will be there anyway lol, but if you want to get those who arent sure to go, wouldnt it be an idea to give us something new for the event?

Yep. Pretty much 5 months now and still no guests, but there are guests for LFCC which is after this :thumbup:

I hope Glasgow has good guests.

I live in Edinburgh, so it's not so bad for me( which is great)

But yeah it would be nice to see at least one or two guests announced soon!!

After all, they can't be announced on a flyer or booklet, as no SM event till May due to the GMEX screwing up.

Those having to travel far( not me this time WAHEY) do need to see whose going to be there, in time, to get cheap flights or trains etc!!

Cheap travel and accom = more spending money at the event which then equals a possible CG2!!!

No guest announcements means no one having the inclination to commit to something that at present doesn't look like it is up and running at all. The change of venue from high to low profile doesn't help that feeling whatsoever.

Some people and groups up in Scotland would love to get involved and help out. But in exactly what? No clues, no indicators. No good.

Edited by minigiles

No guest announcements means no one having the inclination to commit to something that at present doesn't look like it is up and running at all. The change of venue from high to low profile doesn't help that feeling whatsoever.

Some people and groups up in Scotland would love to get involved and help out. But in exactly what? No clues, no indicators. No good.

Ironic isn't it? You wait over four and a half months from the initial promise of guests "very soon" to post this, and then 18 minutes after you do, a guest gets announced. ;)

It should be appreciated that pinning down film and TV actors months in advance is a tricky thing; we all know that opportunities may arise at any time, and I can certainly understand that many actors and their agents would not like to commit to a particular weekend 11 months ahead, or even 6 months. However, no doubt over the coming weeks as the time to the show moves into a more "comfortable" range for guests to start to arrange their diaries for such events, then I'm sure other names will start to appear. I think that perhaps just a little more patience will bear fruit for you. (In other words, I'm sure that the usual SM definition of "very soon" is normally much less than 136 days, 13 hours and 2 minutes. :P )

Ironic isn't it? You wait over four and a half months from the initial promise of guests "very soon" to post this, and then 18 minutes after you do, a guest gets announced. :YAHOO:

It should be appreciated that pinning down film and TV actors months in advance is a tricky thing; we all know that opportunities may arise at any time, and I can certainly understand that many actors and their agents would not like to commit to a particular weekend 11 months ahead, or even 6 months. However, no doubt over the coming weeks as the time to the show moves into a more "comfortable" range for guests to start to arrange their diaries for such events, then I'm sure other names will start to appear. I think that perhaps just a little more patience will bear fruit for you. (In other words, I'm sure that the usual SM definition of "very soon" is normally much less than 136 days, 13 hours and 2 minutes. :D )

Not sure by your wording if you are criticising my timing or not. Is it ironic or just anxiety? Other events, including those by showmasters have guests announced as far ahead as 8 months, sometinmes even a year ahead. This can be apt to change, for commitment reasons. But most people are aware of that and used to it. It does however give an indicator of intent. In the case of Collectormania Glasgow, there was, up to yesterday, none that I could see.

I was just voicing an opinion that if it is a goer, surely there should be news of some nature (however thin and insubstantial), not nothing!

Edited by minigiles