Unorganised Chaos

krisg

You could sell 500 guarantee tickets but what if the star doesnt turn up at the last min like Kane Hodder did cos he was ILL! You would be just as pissed off then! Yeah you would still get a refund! but you may have turned up still and then find out that they are not coming! Showmasters would never sell you "guarenteed" tickets cos anything could happen! So think before you post! :D

You are joking aren't you - you can't give that as a reason for not selling pre-paid tickets!!!!!

Doesn't matter if you sell pre-paid tickets or not - if the guest doesn't turn - people are always going to turn up and be disappointed.

The reason for pre-paid tickets is that if the guest does turn up (95% of them do) - at least you don't disappoint people who do attend as they know they are going to get a signature - the other people who chance it know that that they may not get one.

It would also bring a little more order to the day and stop the forgers who were ripping numbers from their own books and flogging them to people - or perhaps you think that this is a good idea.

How about using a little logic before YOU post!

As for keeping the event in the shopping centre - are you sure it has nothing to do with you living just 5 minutes away. I am pretty confident that this will be the last CM in Milton Keynes - judging by the amount of complaints from shopholders and stall owners who felt that the huge crowds kept people away from buying. They need a dedicated hall to run this - NEC has my vote - looks like you are going to have to travel next time ;)

You obviously dont have a clue! So why dont you just leave it at that! Some people!! :D

but you can't seem to be able to justify your comments can you and substantiate what you said - perhaps because it doesn't make sense.

how about telling me what I don't have a clue about and stop making a prat of yourself.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all i'm sorry for anyone who had a negative feeling about this weekend!

Personally i agree with something someone said about getting up extra early for a partcular star!

one thing i will stress, is i agree about the 32 autos but limiting to one is selfish! i hated that everyone was saying no pics, no personalising! but i got to be the lucky one! as did my sister! it was manic but CM is still young and we do learn from mistakes! i agree a change in venue to a larger arena would be nice the shoppers do tend to annoy but onwe the plus side there were great things to do when at a loose end and you got to hang out with people and have coffee!

i think the main thing i want to say is that there was good and bad things! none of which anyone could forsee SM and the stars did everything they could and we shouldnt have ill feelings.

I didnt get to meet Dom, a couple of girls i had aquainted with last time got me his auto and i spoke to him briefly when i was talking to Lij but thats it!

My main proirity was Sean, and i was lucky enough to be a first on the sunday!

My weekend was amazing and i was happy for the whole event.......

i have mixed feeling about what you say kris, i know it must be hard!

I hope SM dont consider making it one auto per person, i hope they dont board everything off either......... just because some people can afford it doesnt mean those that can't shouldn't get to at least catch a glimpse! and just think how you would feel being caged in with flashes and lots of fans! it would be very claustraphobic!

So think about what you request before you say it, you may have had a bad experience but there are hundreds who didn't and you may spoil it for other by making demands!

Yes SM are money makers but they are the professionals hence the name "SHOWMASTERS"

Veasse xx

You could sell 500 guarantee tickets but what if the star doesnt turn up at the last min like Kane Hodder did cos he was ILL! You would be just as pissed off then! Yeah you would still get a refund! but you may have turned up still and then find out that they are not coming! Showmasters would never sell you "guarenteed" tickets cos anything could happen! So think before you post! ;)

You are joking aren't you - you can't give that as a reason for not selling pre-paid tickets!!!!!

Doesn't matter if you sell pre-paid tickets or not - if the guest doesn't turn - people are always going to turn up and be disappointed.

The reason for pre-paid tickets is that if the guest does turn up (95% of them do) - at least you don't disappoint people who do attend as they know they are going to get a signature - the other people who chance it know that that they may not get one.

It would also bring a little more order to the day and stop the forgers who were ripping numbers from their own books and flogging them to people - or perhaps you think that this is a good idea.

How about using a little logic before YOU post!

As for keeping the event in the shopping centre - are you sure it has nothing to do with you living just 5 minutes away. I am pretty confident that this will be the last CM in Milton Keynes - judging by the amount of complaints from shopholders and stall owners who felt that the huge crowds kept people away from buying. They need a dedicated hall to run this - NEC has my vote - looks like you are going to have to travel next time ;)

You obviously dont have a clue! So why dont you just leave it at that! Some people!! :D

but you can't seem to be able to justify your comments can you and substantiate what you said - perhaps because it doesn't make sense.

how about telling me what I don't have a clue about and stop making a prat of yourself.

OK, I'll have a go at this one.

Pre-paid tickets would be an administration nightmare waiting to happen. Everything is OK, as long as the guest turns up. What if if turns up one day and falls ill or has to leave? Thats where the problems lie.

Then what do you charge for these tickets? Are you going to need more than one ticket for your group thats attending? Are they refundable if you cannot come? There are too many if's, buts and maybe's to make this viable.

Secondly, I think you find that the shops and stalls are all for Collectormania. This is because their weekend revenues go through the roof. I think you will find that shopowners etc, are happy with Collectormania where it is. I wonder how much the likes of John Lewis and Costa's did in extra revenue over the weekend? I know that the local garden centre done a killing in Bonsai trees, all bought by Dom fans.

Pre-paid tickets would be an administration nightmare waiting to happen. Everything is OK, as long as the guest turns up. What if if turns up one day and falls ill or has to leave? Thats where the problems lie.

Then what do you charge for these tickets? Are you going to need more than one ticket for your group thats attending? Are they refundable if you cannot come? There are too many if's, buts and maybe's to make this viable.

Secondly, I think you find that the shops and stalls are all for Collectormania. This is because their weekend revenues go through the roof. I think you will find that shopowners etc, are happy with Collectormania where it is. I wonder how much the likes of John Lewis and Costa's did in extra revenue over the weekend? I know that the local garden centre done a killing in Bonsai trees, all bought by Dom fans.

how can it be an admin nightmare - they already sell tickets to the screenings so how would this be any different - I bought a Kane Hodder ticket - he didn't show I got my money back - simple as that. It SHOULDN'T be an admin nightmare to a company with an ounce of organisational skills.

One ticket per autograph - simple as that.

You don't buy a ticket if you can't make it!

If the guest doesn't show or falls ill you refund the money - in the same way that you turn people away if they don't have a ticket.

I know for a fact that a load of stallholders were really very unhappy about the chaos on Sunday...I know some of them quite well and they told me.

Bonsai Trees for Dom??? I don't understand.

I just spoke from the heart - but I suppose you have to have a heart to understand that !!!! mentioning no names of course !

Of course you don't mention any names - you must be far too nice for that. Hope you and your family enjoy spending the glorious amounts of money that you made over the weekend - must be a great feeling to "please" so many people - well done.

I just spoke from the heart - but I suppose you have to have a heart to understand that !!!! mentioning no names of course !

Of course you don't mention any names - you must be far too nice for that. Hope you and your family enjoy spending the glorious amounts of money that you made over the weekend - must be a great feeling to "please" so many people - well done.

Excuse me, this is Mark and Jason's baby, not Mark's mam's. Back off her.

Pre-paid tickets would be an administration nightmare waiting to happen.  Everything is OK, as long as the guest turns up.  What if if turns up one day and falls ill or has to leave?  Thats where the problems lie. 

Then what do you charge for these tickets?  Are you going to need more than one ticket for your group thats attending?  Are they refundable if you cannot come?  There are too many if's, buts and maybe's to make this viable.

Secondly, I think you find that the shops and stalls are all for Collectormania.  This is because their weekend revenues go through the roof.  I think you will find that shopowners etc, are happy with Collectormania where it is.  I wonder how much the likes of John Lewis and Costa's did in extra revenue over the weekend?  I know that the local garden centre done a killing in Bonsai trees, all bought by Dom fans.

how can it be an admin nightmare - they already sell tickets to the screenings so how would this be any different - I bought a Kane Hodder ticket - he didn't show I got my money back - simple as that. It SHOULDN'T be an admin nightmare to a company with an ounce of organisational skills.

One ticket per autograph - simple as that.

You don't buy a ticket if you can't make it!

If the guest doesn't show or falls ill you refund the money - in the same way that you turn people away if they don't have a ticket.

I know for a fact that a load of stallholders were really very unhappy about the chaos on Sunday...I know some of them quite well and they told me.

Bonsai Trees for Dom??? I don't understand.

Screenings are slightly a bit smaller. You are talking about 2500 tickets over a weekend. Say the guest is there Saturday, but leaves sick Saturday afternoon. SM have to find the cash to give back to a 1000 or so unhappy people. At £15 per ticket (since you said per autograph), they would need to find £15,000 cash for Sunday. How easy is that on a Saturday afternoon?

The idea of ticket per autograph is a bit stupid as well. Some people may decide to get further items signed, but cannot due to the tickets have run out. Surely per person would be a better idea.

How many people back in May and June thought they were coming to C4 and then due to some reason or another, cannot come? Did you even think of that?

You have also changed your shops and stallholders to just stallholders. There are only 3 or 4 around Middleton Hall anyway. Even on an average Saturday they never seem to do much business, so Im sure their profits are slightly a bit better since the weekend.

Please try and put a bit more thought into your arguments

Excuse me, this is Mark and Jason's baby, not Mark's mam's. Back off her.

dream on!

the comment was directed at me and I am quite within my rights to reply

Screenings are slightly a bit smaller. You are talking about 2500 tickets over a weekend. Say the guest is there Saturday, but leaves sick Saturday afternoon. SM have to find the cash to give back to a 1000 or so unhappy people. At £15 per ticket (since you said per autograph), they would need to find £15,000 cash for Sunday. How easy is that on a Saturday afternoon?

The idea of ticket per autograph is a bit stupid as well. Some people may decide to get further items signed, but cannot due to the tickets have run out. Surely per person would be a better idea.

How many people back in May and June thought they were coming to C4 and then due to some reason or another, cannot come? Did you even think of that?

You have also changed your shops and stallholders to just stallholders. There are only 3 or 4 around Middleton Hall anyway. Even on an average Saturday they never seem to do much business, so Im sure their profits are slightly a bit better since the weekend.

Please try and put a bit more thought into your arguments

The majority of people pay for these things by credit card - so you wouldn't need that much cash - they could refund by cheque or refund by post after the event - plenty of options.

Ticket per person or per autograph - matters not - it can be flexible.

Would you book tickets to a concert and then perhaps decide you wouldn't go - the whole point in selling tickets would be to guarantee an autograph - if you were unsure if you wanted to go I am sure there are plenty of people who would snap the tickets up.

Stallholders...around 50 to 60 in the middle of the hall - selling comics, autographs, videos etc etc - do you understand now? The shops I can't speak for but like I said some of the STALLHOLDERS were complaining.

Putting thought into my arguments - don't be so silly and grow up a little.

Right i personally have had quite enough of your views Krisq! you've been airing them for days now!!!!! ok your upset, ok you had a bad time, ok you've said your piece now SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and don't have a go at Rainbow! oh and for the record i think everyone who was involved with cm4 did fantastic jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

The majority of people pay for these things by credit card - so you wouldn't need that much cash - they could refund by cheque or refund by post after the event - plenty of options.

Ticket per person or per autograph - matters not - it can be flexible.

Would you book tickets to a concert and then perhaps decide you wouldn't go - the whole point in selling tickets would be to guarantee an autograph - if you were unsure if you wanted to go I am sure there are plenty of people who would snap the tickets up.

Stallholders...around 50 to 60 in the middle of the hall - selling comics, autographs, videos etc etc - do you understand now? The shops I can't speak for but like I said some of the STALLHOLDERS were complaining.

Putting thought into my arguments - don't be so silly and grow up a little.

Yes the majority would probably pay buy credit card, but then its unfair on those who dont have a credit card. Once again this is coming down to an admin nightmare. Someone would need to make sure all these are logged correctly and payments received. Then if the guests fail to appear, someone is going to have to sort out all the refunding. I think you will find that SM are far too busy to have to deal with this as well. There will also be the hoards of pissed of people who will want refunds on the day, especially if they pay by credit card. Then you have to remember the fees for processing the credit card transactions as well.

Why go through all that, when every other show doesnt? You have to remember this is a show not a convention.

eBay is full of concert tickets for people who had purcahsed tickets and are now no longer to attend (obviously there are toutes on there as well). People might move house, go on holiday or change jobs. These reason could mean that they are unable to attend.

Right, as for the stallholders within the show, these are the same people that have been coming to all the previous Collectormania's. They know the score and they know space is tight. The funny thing is, they keep coming back and no doubt will be there at C5.

And soon as you hit puberty, then talk to me again

Right i personally have had quite enough of your views Krisq! you've been airing them for days now!!!!! ok your upset, ok you had a bad time, ok you've said your piece now SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and don't have a go at Rainbow! oh and for the record i think everyone who was involved with cm4 did fantastic jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jason:;):D:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Like i said before I am quite within my rights to respond to comments directed at me and to air the problems I had with CM4. Have I told you to shut up for saying that you had a good time?

Personally I'm fed up with people saying how amazing the event was - i disagree - which is why I've made my new forum post and am not going to be getting into anymore battles with the kids on here. I'm sure that you'll miss me.

in my own experience most sm helpers where great. 3 where absolutely not and plain rude if you just asked them something. BUT some of the so called fans where absolutely rude and acted like total @ssholes. so i see it from both sides, cause i've been on boths sides.

oh and for the virtual queing system??nothing wrong with it. it's the people who don't get their turn yet and block the entrance by queing outside the que and not going to do something else like they where told to by sm helpers.

and it makes no difference if you que at 9 a.m and already get your tickets so you can go and do something else or if you're standing outside in a que and have to wait for 10 a.m. .the people who got there first will get to elijah earlier and get their tickets before the people who arrive at 10 a.m and who have to stand in line behind the 400 people who got there before 9 a.m.

i would especially like to thank the girl with elijah on the sunday round 3 o clock. she was very kind and even hold my poster open for me to let the auto dry. the ones with dom and astin where nice as well and collectormania needs more of you people.

Yes the majority would probably pay buy credit card, but then its unfair on those who dont have a credit card. Once again this is coming down to an admin nightmare. Someone would need to make sure all these are logged correctly and payments received. Then if the guests fail to appear, someone is going to have to sort out all the refunding. I think you will find that SM are far too busy to have to deal with this as well. There will also be the hoards of pissed of people who will want refunds on the day, especially if they pay by credit card. Then you have to remember the fees for processing the credit card transactions as well.

Why go through all that, when every other show doesnt? You have to remember this is a show not a convention.

eBay is full of concert tickets for people who had purcahsed tickets and are now no longer to attend (obviously there are toutes on there as well). People might move house, go on holiday or change jobs. These reason could mean that they are unable to attend.

Right, as for the stallholders within the show, these are the same people that have been coming to all the previous Collectormania's. They know the score and they know space is tight. The funny thing is, they keep coming back and no doubt will be there at C5.

And soon as you hit puberty, then talk to me again

enough already - perhaps this is time for this to become a convention rather than a show - it is outgrowing itself.

The ticketing system did not work - it's a fact.

I'm not getting into a dispute with a kid online about this - far from going through puberty I am a 29 year old well respected businessman who knows a thing or 2 about good business practice.

Nothing against you but I just don't have time to throw insults back and forth whilst trying to convince each other that each person is right about this. We just aren't going to agree are we?

I have a problem with the way the show has been run...so I've made a new forum post where I've invited SM to meet or speak with me personally and the other people who complained so we can air our grievances like adults.

My last post here - I have loads of work to do.

You'll miss me when I'm gone.

Kris

Sorry, but I'm with Krisq on this one. The fanbois have also had their say for days and fine, most of them either didn't want the LoTR autographs, weren't even there, or had the time to queue all night and never mind that the non-bookable tickets were issued before the opening time, but others were led to believe BY SHOWMASTERS that arriving before 10:00 would be ok on the Sunday when in the event all the LoTR tickets had been given out before the opening time.

You can't have it both ways, if you want to silence the critics then stay silent yourself. Fact is all we've had from Showmasters so far is an embarrassing comment from their Mum and an admission that there were a few problems, nothing more. No indication that they truly understand what the problems were and that they are looking actively into ways of avoiding them in the future, let alone an apology to those who feel let down. Safety concerns? Not mentioned. Breach of faith in giving all of the tickets out before the announced opening time? Not mentioned. Chaos in the queues with no announcements or proper notices? Not mentioned. Bans by volunteer helpers on personalised autographs and photos limiting people to bland signed photos that you can buy in your local mall or on the internet for half the price? Not mentioned. People pushed through by stewards so there was scarcely even eye-contact with the star you'd gone to see? Not mentioned.

I could go on, but I'm either preaching to the converted or ranting to the fanbois, so I'll stop here. As a middle-aged veteran of the pop world from the 60's onwards I can honestly say I never before saw anything so professionally previewed yet so amateurishly organised on the day as C4 last Sunday. I've added my constructive suggestions on other threads as to how things could be improved in the future - for everyone's benefit, not just those who did or didn't get what they wanted, but the stars (clearly embarrassed by the stewards' antics) and Showmasters too. Meanwhile, it is a fact that a lot of people were hugely disappointed, many of those who got what they wanted have posted that it was a shambles nonetheless, and anyone who thinks the same level of event could be held in the same way again is deluding themselves.

If you want to believe otherwise then fine, your prerogative. But it's also the prerogative of others to put their point of view. THoN may have got a biased report, but this forum has enough posts from a wide enough variety of kids, parents, separate adults, etc to suggest something needs addressing preferably now in an open post from the organisers but especially in terms of their plans for the future.

Krisq, sorry but I find it quite insulting you referring to us all as kids, I am in fact 25 yeears old, so please stop referring to me as kid along with everyone else.

Thank you huns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ok fair enough - sorry