Brandon Routh announced at *****

bundyse

I've just got back from the event (I was helping Jason & Andrea) and I can confidently announce that Brandon HAS been confirmed. He was still a 'maybe' when the flyers were done, but he signed last night so he's now officially on the guest list.

Also - SHOTGUN!!!!! he's all mine :D

this is great news thanx for confirming it!!!! :smile:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Superman Returns premiere and he was great with the fans. He went out of his way to sign for as many as he could (including one for me!). Here's to meeting him in a slightly more 'controlled' environment!

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

And this is the best news I could ever expect to hear on my first day of registering, I'm glad you all think his autograph won't be too expensive as I'll definetly have to get a few items signed - I knew it was a good idea buying a Superman Returns one sheet yesterday!

Edited by lauren lane

And this is the best news I could ever expect to hear on my first day of registering, I'm glad you all think his autograph won't be too expensive as I'll definetly have to get a few items signed - I knew it was a good idea buying a Superman Returns one sheet yesterday!

Welcome to the forum! :D

Welcome to the forum! :D

Thankyou :smile: I lurked leading up to the London film and comic con but now theres news of Superman himself I though I should finally join!

Superman Returns DVD Region 2 is out Dec 4th...so no one will be able to get that signed unfortunately.

I'd want something better than that anyway - I brought my favourite one sheet of Superman Returns so I definetly want that signing and something else probably not sure what though

Maybe he'll do a photo session? Then you could get that signed

It's great that SM have managed to get him so early on in his career. Chances are if he had a few more films under his cape..*sorry* :o then he would have been a bit harder if not impossible to get.

Ah who cares....WOO HOO... :D:smile:

Hi stranger did you have a nice birthday mate

• Moderators

It'll be good promotion before the DVD comes out, plus could encourage people to check out the earlier Superman DVDs that are being released too in November. He speaks very highly of Reeve and the support from Dana.

no chance even if he is confirmed he will cancel 2 weeks b4 the show MARK MY WORDS G/TEED

come on don't be so negative

he's a conspiracy theorist, they're born to be negative.

personally, i'm not interested - but lets face it, he's a currently-big name, he's not gonna want to cancel something that gets his name a bit further out is he?

• Moderators

Yes, Showmasters take risks by attempting to bring us slightly bigger names than some other events. We're all smart enough to realise how it works, and that a big name guest can cancel at any time.

It's the way things go, but it's nice to have the possibility there rather than just having a show full of repeat minor guests.

If anyone books things based on a SINGLE guest, then that's a risk that they take, and the organisers are never to blame for that.

Maybe he will get another job before then, who knows, but as disappointed as I feel sometimes about cancellations I do understand them. No point turning down a major role or whatever to sign a few autographs. In the long run, an ACTING job for an ACTOR is going to be better for their career!

JUST DONT BANK ON IT THATS ALL

seen it all b4

Dude, you never have anything positive to say. You're knocking this announcement, you're also knocking Celebration. You knocked Christopher Lee. It don't end there. Do us all a favour and scram.

Anyway SM, great call on getting him for G-Mex before he possibly becomes too big for these sort of events. Feel sorry for people who may not be able to attend as this could well be the only chance we get to meet him at a con.

• Moderators

Anyway surely getting Burt Reynolds and Elijah Wood twice (just as examples) proves that taking risks and going for slightly higher calibre guests CAN be successful.

At least they are open to the idea of trying.

Anyway surely getting Burt Reynolds and Elijah Wood twice (just as examples) proves that taking risks and going for slightly higher calibre guests CAN be successful.

Those examples are what I'm pinning my hopes on really, plus Brandon did turn up to an American con a week or so ago

I am not going to insult Burt Reynolds as he has done more in his life than i will ever do in mine

And showmasters are all fluffy

And i do not come on here and insult guests in a public forum where guests can read things that my offend or upset them

I am a good member of this fourm

Mannequin

Edited by showmasters

Amen to that!!! :WINCE:

• Moderators

NO OFFENCE but burt reynolds is a washed up has been,elijah is type cast as frodo,brandon is the current big star slight difference mate

Well no offence but Burt Reynold's resumé compared to some of the guests we've had is of an exceptional calibre and he's one of the best guests they've had.

And 'type cast'? Lord of the Rings was one of the biggest movies at the time, just like Superman Returns is one of the biggest at the moment. Elijah has been in more movies than Brandon, plus LotR actually won awards etc so there's no 'big difference' whatsoever.