Great day but...

joanne

Had a great day, got all the auto's that we wanted, great stalls, great stars, great staff and atmosphere,:lol: Our only problem was the EW photo shoot. Started with a lack of communication, everyone queing at same time!!!!! Then had the photo taken, no problems, then we went back at "pm to collect them, they wernt ready. Advised to come back at 3pm, we did, but we then waited another hour and a half for the infamouse Number 5 photos. Credit to the show master staff, but no one apperaed to no what was happening.

When they arrived the were excellent, but we wernt provided with the mount that we were told we would recieve. :lol:

Had a great day, got all the auto's that we wanted, great stalls, great stars, great staff and atmosphere,:lol: Our only problem was the EW photo shoot. Started with a lack of communication, everyone queing at same time!!!!! Then had the photo taken, no problems, then we went back at "pm to collect them, they wernt ready. Advised to come back at 3pm, we did, but we then waited another hour and a half for the infamouse Number 5 photos. Credit to the show master staff, but no one apperaed to no what was happening.

When they arrived the were excellent, but we wernt provided with the mount that we were told we would recieve. :lol:

Exactly the same with my sister, the only thing to come out of it was that the photo taken was lovely and well worth the wait, we kept saying to ourselves that this was the first time they did the photo shoots so hopefully it will progress in the future! :lol: Anyone know if they had the same problems with the Alan Tudyk ones? because we're hoping to get Nathans tomorrow, hopefully its been sorted! :lol:

I agree that the photos were great :lol: I asked regarding the mount and was told that they hadn't arrived, and that if I emailed with my address one would be sent, but I'm thinking maybe they'll have arrived tomorrow?

Laura x

Great but shame the virtual queuing didn't seem to work as well in other events.

Been to alot run by showmasters and it was the first one where I when away emply handed with autographs I wanted to get.

Trying for NATHAN FILLION and I got there for 11. Got in by 11.20. Straight to get ticket and got number 653. But the queue just didn't seem to progress at all. I left and came back and gave up at 3.00 when they where still on 350.

I couldn't work out why 1.600 odd ticket had gone so quickly and 2.why it was so slow.

Disappointed in that sence, but not bad. Hopefully will get another chance next time.

Nicholas

I think that you are moaning to much considering the opertunity you have been given to meet these people, You should appreciate that they provide this service you should be so happy that you have rewarded with a memory that can last for the rest of your life.....

Great but shame the virtual queuing didn't seem to work as well in other events.

Been to alot run by showmasters and it was the first one where I when away emply handed with autographs I wanted to get.

Trying for NATHAN FILLION and I got there for 11. Got in by 11.20. Straight to get ticket and got number 653. But the queue just didn't seem to progress at all. I left and came back and gave up at 3.00 when they where still on 350.

I couldn't work out why 1.600 odd ticket had gone so quickly and 2.why it was so slow.

Disappointed in that sence, but not bad. Hopefully will get another chance next time.

Nicholas

That is a shame, I had ticket 701 and got his autograph at about 3pm. I had to beg to get in the queue but it was worth it as it was the only one that was a must. They didn't seem to be keeping up with the numbers on the whiteboard and I think a lot of people bottled out because at 3 there were not that many people left there.

When they arrived the were excellent, but we wernt provided with the mount that we were told we would recieve.:lol:

I think that you are moaning to much considering the opertunity you have been given to meet these people, You should appreciate that they provide this service you should be so happy that you have rewarded with a memory that can last for the rest of your life.....

Of course, you should never complain if you pay £20 and then get a subpar service.

I think Nathan is just a slow signer. Was spending a lot of time chattin and having pix taken etc. I think Alan Tudyk had seen double the amount Nathan had 280 vs 150ish when i joined the queue.

Nicholas

Nathon was an absolute sweetheart and spent a lot of time chatting. He really made an effort to talk which I appreciated and didn't mind waiting for. I know it meant he was really slow, but he was a really great guest - hopefully they'll get him back again!!

Had a great day, got all the auto's that we wanted, great stalls, great stars, great staff and atmosphere,:YAHOO: Our only problem was the EW photo shoot. Started with a lack of communication, everyone queing at same time!!!!! Then had the photo taken, no problems, then we went back at "pm to collect them, they wernt ready. Advised to come back at 3pm, we did, but we then waited another hour and a half for the infamouse Number 5 photos. Credit to the show master staff, but no one apperaed to no what was happening.

When they arrived the were excellent, but we wernt provided with the mount that we were told we would recieve. :headscratch:

As I said we had an absolutly great day and got to meet every one we wanted to. :wub:

Only trouble was having to wait so long af

Had a great day, got all the auto's that we wanted, great stalls, great stars, great staff and atmosphere,:YAHOO: Our only problem was the EW photo shoot. Started with a lack of communication, everyone queing at same time!!!!! Then had the photo taken, no problems, then we went back at "pm to collect them, they wernt ready. Advised to come back at 3pm, we did, but we then waited another hour and a half for the infamouse Number 5 photos. Credit to the show master staff, but no one apperaed to no what was happening.

When they arrived the were excellent, but we wernt provided with the mount that we were told we would recieve. :headscratch:

As I said we had an absolutly great day and got to meet every one we wanted to. :wub:

Only trouble was having to wait so long after every one else had been and picked up their photos.

My only problem was the width of the queue posts. There were huge amounts of space on either side of the the guest tables. They should have used it up. I was bumping into those gold posts with my big bag as i left the signing tables.

I wasn't that bothered about the delay in photos. I was at the talks from 2pm onwards until the very end so I was preoccupied. But it would have been good if they were done ontime, I was hoping to get my photo with Alan signed before leaving.

I got to admit I thought the photos were a bit of a con really.

A friend of mine wanted to have her photo done with Elijah and naturally she would have had to pay £20.00 for herself. The trouble was she had her son with her and they were going to charge her another £20.00 just so he could be included in the photo - a bit of a family piccie as it were. Now to be honest with you, I thought it was pretty disgusting to charge per person posing on the one photo. Its not like they wanted two copies, so it would not have cost anyone any extra - if that makes sense.

I think £20.00 per photograph is sufficient, not per person. My friend didn't bother in the end as it was felt that £40.00 for just one picture was just too much. I really feel that this particular issue was a bit of a con and yes I ranted and raved about it all day long. Her son is only 6 and 3/4 what harm would it have done for him to be included on a picture with his Mum and Elijah, honestly £40.00 what a rip off.

Rant over LOL

Edited by vamps!

Our only problem was the EW photo shoot. Started with a lack of communication, everyone queing at same time!!!!! Then had the photo taken, no problems, then we went back at "pm to collect them, they wernt ready. Advised to come back at 3pm, we did, but we then waited another hour and a half for the infamouse Number 5 photos. Credit to the show master staff, but no one apperaed to no what was happening.

When they arrived the were excellent, but we wernt provided with the mount that we were told we would recieve.:o

Goodness, heaven forfend that people should mention that something they were promised did not actually materialise. How dare they mention that something they were promised didn't materialise Whatever next...

I got to admit I thought the photos were a bit of a can really.

A friend of mine wanted to have her photo done with Elijah and naturally she would have had to pay £20.00 for herself. The trouble was she had her son with her and they were going to charge her another £20.00 just so he could be included in the photo - a bit of a family piccie as it were. Now to be honest with you, I thought it was pretty disgusting to charge per person posing on the one photo. Its not like they wanted two copies, so it would not have cost anyone any extra - if that makes sense.

I think £20.00 per photograph is sufficient, not per person. My friend didn't bother in the end as it was felt that £40.00 for just one picture was just too much. I really feel that this particular issue was a bit of a con and yes I ranted and raved about it all day long. Her son is only 6 and 3/4 what harm would it have done for him to be included on a picture with his Mum and Elijah, honestly £40.00 what a rip off.

Rant over LOL

TBH i did think that was a bit over the top especially when it involves children? maybe a small fee of a fiver for under 12's and a tenner for over 12's but to charge a full fee of £20 for each person and 1 photo is a bit much :huh:

** but if people are gonna pay it then who am i to argue, just think its a bit unfair on families? **

Edited by vamp willow

I got to admit I thought the photos were a bit of a can really.

Rant over LOL

i think that is terrible. £20 pounds is alot of money to start with. Plus if you want to get his autograph its another £15.

the cost of all this has started putting me off.

Quote ...

To be totally honest I'm well chuffed with all signatures I obtained but the memory of meeting Carrie Fisher will always be of some brash american dude with her being really obnoxious, he rushed me through so much that I did'nt even get the say hello or thank you. Slightly miffed considering that CF was my number 1 signature I wanted. Still I was lucky enough to get personlisation as I was #60 in the VQue.

Quote ...

To be totally honest I'm well chuffed with all signatures I obtained but the memory of meeting Carrie Fisher will always be of some brash american dude with her being really obnoxious, he rushed me through so much that I did'nt even get the say hello or thank you. Slightly miffed considering that CF was my number 1 signature I wanted. Still I was lucky enough to get personlisation as I was #60 in the VQue.

my boyfriend got her sig and said exactly the same thing about it, he said he felt that he was meeting the bloke next to her!

i was told, by someone working there, that you'd pay £20 for the elijah photo and could squish in as many people as you wanted.

which'd be fair, if it was true (and apparently its not).

apart from alot of waiting about, had a fantastic time! so i won't complain (uh, much). x

Quote ...

my boyfriend got her sig and said exactly the same thing about it, he said he felt that he was meeting the bloke next to her!

I chatted with her for around 30 seconds, had a personalised picture and a posed photo. She was great with me and I was one of the first too! Was in the queue when she first turned up, i was around the 4th/5th to see her. She was great then.

i headed down to the carrie fisher queue at about two thirty... wayyy before i was due... the guy at the end of the queue said i could go right along,seeing as the queue wasn't particularly busy at that time.

carrie fisher was pleasant and courteous,although i didn't get a personalisation,although i'm sure if i'd thought to ask for one she'd have been okay.

it all boils down to common sense,and the runners and helpers-on the most part-are reasonable types,although i'm sure you get the odd jumped-up jobsworth!

just give 'em a look,that soon scares 'em off!!!

:firedevil:

but twenty quid each for a posed photo?

come on,showmasters.

explain,please.

Edited by jamie1138

I agree wr told to come back at stated time, when we went back they werent ready (but luckily i hadnt had my EW auto anyway).

With regards to Mount was diappointed as it wasd stated they would be in a mount and they were not.

Communication breakdown somewhere.

Nice picture of my daughter and E W though. :wub:

Had a great day, Best Showmasters event i have been to.

Met Nathan Filion, Alan Tudyk, Jorge Garcia, Maggie Grace, Carrie Fisher and Elijah Wood. I managed to talk with all of them and got a posed photo with everyone, Except Elijah who i already had a photo with from the session. Seriously the best guests i have met, And seem interested to talk to you.

The atmosphere was good as well, No-one was getting angry with anyone and i met some nice people while i was walking about on my own.

The only things that let the event down for me was the PA in the talk's. I was sitting at the back for the Elijah and Firefly talks and could barely hear a thing because there was no PA speakers covering that part of the hall, I could hear the War of the worlds soundtrack over Elijah :headscratch: The other thing that could be improved is the Q to get in at the beginning, I didn't realise there were two separate Q’s for prepaid and non-prepaid tickets until I had reached the doors...So sorry to anyone that thought i was pushing in. Would have been nice if the photo session photo's came with a mount like advertised though. I would defintly pay for a photo session at a future event as the Elijah one was well carried out.

9/10 from me. Great line up and great guests.

Edited by Manbeast

Good line up Showmasters (I won't mention the Christopher Lee saga)!

We needed somewhere to sit! Some chairs in the open areas would have been nice!

The talks were awful as War of the worlds was blaring out and the speakers were in rubbish positions, in fact the whole talk area should be in a different area?

Fabric swatches? I was there at 7.00am in the pre-paid queue but now I am hearing the wrong queue were let in first?

Apart from that and a few other gripes which I will put in the proper location it was a fun weekend.

:rolleyes:

Good line up Showmasters (I won't mention the Christopher Lee saga)!

We needed somewhere to sit! Some chairs in the open areas would have been nice!

The talks were awful as War of the worlds was blaring out and the speakers were in rubbish positions, in fact the whole talk area should be in a different area?

Fabric swatches? I was there at 7.00am in the pre-paid queue but now I am hearing the wrong queue were let in first?

Apart from that and a few other gripes which I will put in the proper location it was a fun weekend.

:D

I agree the best line up SM have had for a long time I would like all the SM shows to be of this standard.

And I 100% agree with needing somewere for us all to sit and get organised or just to wait for your VT to come up. We ended up sitting on the dirty floor for an hour waiting for EW.

We could not really hear the PA system calling out the numbers of VTs it was like listening to a british rail announcement!

We met some great people this time seemed like a really good crowd of people.