ELIJAH WOOD advice please

Lodsy

Hi, can anyone advise me about Elijah Wood at LCC? Obviously there will be huge queues, but from experience can anyone tell me if it's an absolute must to get in really early, or if I turn up in the afternoon could I still get to see him and not have to spend hours in a queue? I ask because I heard this was the case at Collectormania - a horendous morning rush for tickets, but by the afternoon (or maybe it was Sunday) people were turning up and still got to see him without all the queueing.

If anyone can help (or indeed make sense of what I've written!) - please do. Thanks

And remember that Collectormania is usually 4 days - LFCC is only 2. (Don't know how many days he was at Collectormania for though)

The best advice is that if you really want to meet him you need to get there as early as possible - the later you get there the less chance there is. The only other way to arrive late and still get to see him would be to buy a Gold Ticket.

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly please read the FAQ.

How busy will INSERT GUEST NAME be, so what time should I get there?

The honest answer is no one knows for sure. Below is a list of all the guests going to LFCC so far and I've put them into groups of how busy I believe they will be, and so what time you should get to the show to make sure you meet them. This is only my best guess.

Elijah Wood - Will be VERY busy so you should try to be there by the shows opening time (9am Sat, 10am Sun) to get VTs. Arrive an hour after opening and it's possible you'll not get to meet him. If you REALLY want to meet him I suggest getting there an hour before opening time to be sure of meeting him.

GROUP 1 - Will be busy so you should be there by 12:00pm at the latest to get VTs. Arrive after 12:00pm and it's possible you'll not get to see them:

Dreyfuss, Richard

Fisher, Carrie

GROUP 2 - Will have VTs up to about 300-600 but will likely have an open queue by 4pm. As long as you're at the show for about 6 hours (9-3, 10-4, 11-5) you'll definitely see them:

Barrowman, John

Fillion, Nathan

Garcia, Jorge

Grace, Maggie

Higginson, Torri

Luttrell, Rachel

Tudyk, Alan

GROUP 3 - May not need VTs (and if they do it'll be up to 300 max) and will have an open queue for most of the day, especially in the afternoon. There will be no problems seeing them:

Baker, Kenny

Blake, Paul

Briers, Richard

Cope, Kenneth

Davies, Ann

Davis, Don S

Dingwall, Shaun

Estrada, Erik

Hanmore, Ian

Mayhew, Peter

McFadden, Gates

Oppenheimer, Alan

Pack, Roger Lloyd

Patrick, Sean

Prowse, Dave

Robinson, Jerry

Smith, Tom

Tong, Andie

Washington, Eugene

Whitney, Grace Lee

Williamson, Simon

Young, Nicholas

Personally if I want to see a guest I know will be in GROUP 1 or 2 then I will always try and be at the show an hour before opening time.

The main thing is you don't HAVE to be there at 4:00. As long as you are there by the shows opening time you will get to meet the big guest you want to. You may just have to wait until the afternoon. Saying that if you want to meet 3 or 4 of the big guests you should think about getting there an hour before the shows opening time.

WARNING - If you want to see any of the guests in GROUP 1 and you don't arrive until 3 hours after the show opening time you will very likely be disappointed.

Bascially if you turn up in the afternoon there is very little chance you'll see Elijah. He will be very busy. As at Collectormania, some of the guests at LFCC (i.e. in Group 2 and 3) will have open queues most of the day or after about 4pm. But with guests in Group 1 and Elijah they are very very very unlikely to have an open queue and so you will not get to see them if you arrive in the afternoon.

Edited by Too Tall

I ask because I heard this was the case at Collectormania - a horendous morning rush for tickets, but by the afternoon (or maybe it was Sunday) people were turning up and still got to see him without all the queueing.

If anyone can help (or indeed make sense of what I've written!) - please do. Thanks

a horrendus rush for tickets in themorning, followed by waiting till the afternoon to have your number called, would be more accurate.. he's not likely to have an open queue at any point :WAVE:

• Showmasters Admin

I didn't see him run away from security, but Elijah & Dom were being extra-nice to their fans, chatting & personalising when advised not to for time, etc.

See you say they're being extra nice to fans, but not as a whole they're not. It's not extra nice for the people that didn't get to see them because they spent extra time with people. What about those that didn't get a ticket and got left out because there wasn't enough time. I saw loads of crying girls that weekend because they got there at 9am and either couldn't get a ticket or got a ticket and didn't get seen because there wasn't enough time. Do you think they felt it was extra nice?

It's swing and roundabouts.

I didn't see him run away from security, but Elijah & Dom were being extra-nice to their fans, chatting & personalising when advised not to for time, etc.

See you say they're being extra nice to fans, but not as a whole they're not. It's not extra nice for the people that didn't get to see them because they spent extra time with people. What about those that didn't get a ticket and got left out because there wasn't enough time. I saw loads of crying girls that weekend because they got there at 9am and either couldn't get a ticket or got a ticket and didn't get seen because there wasn't enough time. Do you think they felt it was extra nice?

I just meant that they were working really hard to try & please everyone, the fans, the crew, probably their own security. I too saw loads of people going away in tears either because they couldn't wait for their ticket number to come up in the evening, or they couldn't get a ticket at all. I'm still quite amazed and grateful that I was able to see Sean, Elijah and Dom all on the Sunday, and that was with arriving @ 07.00am!

I think Elijah at LFCC will be different, though, as fans will probably divide into 3 main groups once inside (Elijah/Carrie/Dreyfuss), and the "no posed photos" thing should keep it moving at a fair pace. I think part of it was that @ CM4, Elijah was doing some photos with some of the early people and that's what slowed it down somewhat.

Still, I think if you're there by 09.00am, you should be able to see Elijah.

A no win situation but if I were Elijah id find it hard not to make some extra effort rather than be the SHATNER signing machine. Im sure Shatner feels guilty now though so at least ive got that much :P

A no win situation but if I were Elijah id find it hard not to make some extra effort rather than be the SHATNER signing machine. Im sure Shatner feels guilty now though so at least ive got that much :P

shatner guilty?!

;)

he's probably wondering why he didn't charge more!! :dance:

• Moderators

A no win situation but if I were Elijah id find it hard not to make some extra effort rather than be the SHATNER signing machine. Im sure Shatner feels guilty now though so at least ive got that much :D

shatner guilty?!

:P

he's probably wondering why he didn't charge more!! ;)

:D