Latest Guest Announcement: Mike Savva

showmasters

Mike plays:

- a "Naboo Royal Guard" in The Phantom Menace (he can be seen at the celebration scene at the end)

- a "Naboo Cruiser Security Guard" in Attack Of The Clones (he can be seen on the Cruiser)

- a "Jedi Knight" in Revenge Of The Sith (does anyone know where he can be spotted here?)

This is definitely a Prequal guest! :D

I was at the last ED which was great, good to see Mike Savva now signing. Im assuming he was the Naboo guard that saluted Corde (decoy queen) in that doomed ship at the start of the movie? I think he was the only naboo guard you see properly in the entire film if thats him

• 3 weeks later...
The third one... I have some trouble locating Mike as a Jedi... anyone?

th_08620_Mike.1.jpg

954103[/snapback]

Mazzic he was a Jedi in ROTS, not AOTC. Dont think Geonosis was in ROTS? cant remember.

Also, it may be impossible to see which Jedi he played as we see him clearly in the part he already played in AOTC! Im sure Lucas didnt want any continuity problems by showing the same actor in another role! He must be under a mask im assuming.

He was also in Extras (Ricky Gervais comedy on BBC) playing Ben Stiller's assistant (also called Mike in the show!).

His listing on IMDB also lists Batman Begins but I didnt spot him in that.

Edited by Dannyboy

• 2 weeks later...

Also, to the poster who asked about signing toys (sorry forgot your name), here is an image of the Naboo Royal Security Guard figure (Ep1 version). I remember reading on theforce.net or jediNet a while ago that the actual figure was based on Mike's likeness even though the photo on the carton isnt Mike. Looks like a decent match to me and i'll try and find the article and post it up.

NabooRoyalSecurityMOSC1a.jpg

Still cna't seem to find which Jedi he was in Revenge if the Sith. Are we sure he wasn't a Jedi in attack of the Clones as that seems more likely as there wer hundreds.

If it was ROTS then it must of been one of the ones in the Jedi Council room with their backs to the camera

• 1 month later...

Mike's headshot (Nerf Herders):

MichaelSavva.jpg

Cinemania bio :

"Mike Savva appeared in multiple roles in all three prequels and is only seen without mask/helmet in the first scene of Episode 2 as the Security Guard aboard the Naboo Cruiser."

Edited by SarahSith

• 4 weeks later...

Still cna't seem to find which Jedi he was in Revenge if the Sith. Are we sure he wasn't a Jedi in attack of the Clones as that seems more likely as there wer hundreds.

If it was ROTS then it must of been one of the ones in the Jedi Council room with their backs to the camera

After discussing with the 'convention-guests' site, Mike did some test shots as a Jedi in ROTS infront of blue screen weilding a light sabre... as far as Mike goes 'he hasn't seen himself in ROTS' ...maybe another thing kept back for a future dvd special edition release?

Thanks for clearing that up, it makes sense as Mike is listed on IMDB as a 'Jedi Knight' but unnamed. The main problem with ROTS to my dismay is that you dont actually see Jedis 'fighting'! It happens off-screen.

I'm assuming then that Mike performed Jedi fights to be comped into the scenes (a la AOTC) or used as a model for ILM's CGI fighters. The only time I can recall where you actually see Jedis fighting is VERY breifly in the Jedi Temple just before Anakin kills the younglings.

Im betting that there was little Jedi footage actually filmed but wasnt included in the final cut as Lucas deemed it as not integral to the plot. Maybe the intention was to always use CGI fighting if necessary or even in a future release. Shame.

Mike's headshot (Nerf Herders):

MichaelSavva.jpg

Cinemania bio :

"Mike Savva appeared in multiple roles in all three prequels and is only seen without mask/helmet in the first scene of Episode 2 as the Security Guard aboard the Naboo Cruiser."

Mikes originally seen as a Naboo Soldier in TPM at the parade scene. Take a look at the site that supplied him to SM

Ive watched that scene in TPM again and he wasnt actually 'seen' as such but it doesnt mean he wasnt there. I think the Cinemania quote means that the only time you actually see him facially is in Episode 2, without masks or other appendages obscuring his likeness.

Indeed, the only good shot of him is from Episode 2.

On the site that provided him to SM, there are a few publicity shots of Mike as a Naboo Soldier... Maybe Mike'll bring these with him?

Yes its so difficult getting hold of the rarer publicity stills, all you ever see are boring poses from the main cast.

As for the Jedis in ROTS, I would rather not see any fights if Lucas only intended to use CGI characters. Its always a case of 'fixing it later if we need to', he should have filmed at least a couple of quick shots of real battles.........