Guest Cancellation:

showmasters

• Moderators
When I question anything or get upset people just seem to get on my back why is everyone so nicey nicey to others who are unstandably more upset if they are going just for one person.

Yes work communiteds come first but even most work places give more notice.

That what made me question the fact showmasters might have know a lot longer in advance.

923477[/snapback]

Well from my previous observations, you personally are more than happy to pop on the forum and offer your conspiracy theories in regards to any PROBLEMS that arise with any events, while you offer little in terms of positive input and feedback. It's not that nice to just come on here mainly when you want to attack the organisers, and while I'm not saying you aren't happy with anything, you're a lot quicker off the mark to give a negative response. Kicking a man while he's down, or something to that effect.

There's nothing wrong with disappointment, but when someone comes on here and purposefully tries to think of every possible reason under the sun to show the organisers in a bad light, it's bound to illicit a negative response from some people. And that's often what I've seen you do in relation to problematic situations.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
If he's cancelled, darn well put it on the Gmex site!

923471[/snapback]

I have to agree on this one ! Unfair for people that don't look at the forum. It takes only a few minutes to add a note on the main page about his cancellation :headscratch:

923474[/snapback]

I do agree it should be updated. Not sure if it is a 2 minute job though, and obviously SM are a bit busy at the mo :rolleyes: I have sent a mail to SM about it.

Edited by Too Tall

I do agree it should be updated. Not sure if it is a 2 minute job though, and obviously SM are a bit busy at the mo  :headscratch:  I have sent a mail to SM about it.

923495[/snapback]

It shouldn't be too long, they use the same format for their main webpage for years. Anyway, thanks for sending them an e-mail. I don't caretoo much about Ian's cancellation, I'm even glad to meet Jorge instead. But I think that a more visible announcement of Ian's cancellation could avoid a lot of angry people this week-end (at least I hope so :rolleyes: )

I do agree it should be updated. Not sure if it is a 2 minute job though, and obviously SM are a bit busy at the mo  :headscratch:  I have sent a mail to SM about it.

923495[/snapback]

It shouldn't be too long, they use the same format for their main webpage for years. Anyway, thanks for sending them an e-mail. I don't caretoo much about Ian's cancellation, I'm even glad to meet Jorge instead. But I think that a more visible announcement of Ian's cancellation could avoid a lot of angry people this week-end (at least I hope so :rolleyes: )

923499[/snapback]

very true and I normally print it for record of the event

thats silly if they are as his not cancelled his moved his appearance to CM9. Also sm found a bloody good replacement with Jorge Garcia. So they shouldn't be such uproar

923509[/snapback]

Well, I guess there are some fans to who Jorge doesn't appeal as much as Ian - especially if they were just travelling for Ian.

Call it eye candy bonus for Ian or god knows what. :wub:

• Moderators
I BET SHOWMASTERS HAD NO ITENTION OF IAN COMING AT ALL,JUST A MARKETING PLOY/SCAM

923519[/snapback]

:wub: oh yeah, definitely!

I hope someone checks your IP address because you're being a bit too obvious with your sh*t stirring :wub:

Edited by DavidB

I BET SHOWMASTERS HAD NO ITENTION OF IAN COMING AT ALL,JUST A MARKETING PLOY/SCAM

923519[/snapback]

Wasn't going to bother replying to this because I don't post much and have only just actually registered despite coming on here for a while.

But that is just ridiculous!! :wub:

I recently attended a convention organized by someone else and we didn't know until most people had actually got to the venue that a certain extremely popular guest couldn't make it! Some people moaned, yes, because that was the only reason they had gone. But the fact is that the organizers had been on the phone well into the night the day before trying to work round some way of him still attending. Said guest was due to start filming another project that actual day so there was no way he could make it, but still the organizers tried their best, as did he, and only announced it at the last minute because there was absolutely no way round it!

I think all you people that moan should just stop and think for a minute just how much hard work the organizers put into these things, and be damn grateful that someone bothers to do it! I know for a fact that the majority of organizers don't make an awful lot of money at all in the end.

:wub:  oh yeah, definitely!

Are you sure you didn't mean defiantly???!! :D

Edited by Bogwoppit

FANTASTIC!!!!

I'm not attending G-Mex, and was gutted about missing out on Ian Somerhalder.....but how things have worked out perfectly  :wub:

I can attend London to meet Jorge......MK to meet Somerhalder

All is right with the world again :wub:

923261[/snapback]

Fantastic eh? Thats one of the most selfish things Ive read on here. Many people were going to Manchester to see him but who cares about them, aslong as YOU get to see everyone right!?

Things have worked out perfectly for you on this occassion, but I do hope someone you want to see one day pulls out of an event four days before and we'll see how you like it.

Things are not right in the world, not while people with your attitude are around.

923470[/snapback]

I think it's a nice change to see someone happy about a change of circumstances rather than the usual grumbling. DefiantSteve, I understand you're not the happiest of people about the situation but thats no reason to go on the offensive.

• Moderators
  :wub:  oh yeah, definitely!

Are you sure you didn't mean defiantly???!! :o

923523[/snapback]

:D quite possibly :wub:

Thats whats good about this countryFREEDOM OF SPEECH .THIS FORUM IS THE MOST ANAL ONE IVE EVER COME ACROSS

923529[/snapback]

Well if you don't want it to be anal, stop talking out of your bottom :P

cripes - everybody is getting a bit heated arent they!

Personally, whenever I book to go and see anybody I am always prepared for the possibility that they may end up cancelling. Actors dont always get a nice notice period for new jobs and have to either start or audition pretty much immediately, at least that is my understanding of it.

It's a shame Ian cant make it but i think its really good of him to go to c9 and im really thankful to SM for getting Jorge as im not sure if i can go to London to see him there.

All the above statements are my personal feelings and not meant to cause offence in any way.

Lis x

I'd laugh if Ian came on here and read this, he'll think we're a bunch of psychos  :wub:

923545[/snapback]

And then he'd cancel doing the MK show and Showmasters wouldn't tell us until we were there :D The evil b*stards :wub:

• Moderators
I'd laugh if Ian came on here and read this, he'll think we're a bunch of psychos  :wub:

923545[/snapback]

And then he'd cancel doing the MK show and Showmasters wouldn't tell us until we were there :D The evil b*stards :wub:

923547[/snapback]

Actually the official procedure goes something like:

(1) Advertise a guest that you don't really have.

(2) Several weeks later, do an announcement for some MORE guest announcements.

(3) Stage a "forum crash" during the announcements to distract people, while you cleverly try to find a replacement guest for your fake guest.

(4) Leave to settle for a few days, then stir enough to turn the forum back on.

(5) Cancel fake guest.

(6) Announce real replacement.

(7) Await onslaught from bloody thirsty attendees.

(8) Serve event with a side order of stalls and talks.

:P

I'd laugh if Ian came on here and read this, he'll think we're a bunch of psychos  :unsure:

923545[/snapback]

And then he'd cancel doing the MK show and Showmasters wouldn't tell us until we were there ^_^ The evil b*stards :huh:

923547[/snapback]

Actually the official procedure goes something like:

(1) Advertise a guest that you don't really have.

(2) Several weeks later, do an announcement for some MORE guest announcements.

(3) Stage a "forum crash" during the announcements to distract people, while you cleverly try to find a replacement guest for your fake guest.

(4) Leave to settle for a few days, then stir enough to turn the forum back on.

(5) Cancel fake guest.

(6) Announce real replacement.

(7) Await onslaught from bloody thirsty attendees.

(8) Serve event with a side order of stalls and talks.

^_^

923552[/snapback]

BEST POST EVER