Introduce Yourself!

StepUpTimneh

lol. You're all crazy up in here . . that's why i love yaz!

I'm excited about seeing Robert, but not OVER excited, i'm more of a Matthew Lewis fan. Stan will be interesting, and maybe Leung, though that's questionble, i have to see where my money gets me.

Friends that aren't coming are hating on me so bad becuase i keep on bragging about Ian S. Has anyone watched that film: "The Rules Of Attraction"? He's great in that film! I think i'd go for his performance in that rather than Lost. People, you should watch it if you haven't already!

Tippin - You started the Matthew Lewis Fanclub? Are you talking about MLO? Matthew Lewis Online, or am i way off? That's so cool anyway. He doesn't get enough credit i swear. I was going to draw something for him, - i not so bad when it comes to art- maybe a picture of him, but then i got lazy. So that's a no then.

Oh and are 30 guests the max? Thought i'd ask seen as something i read kind of confused me.

Adding to the essays: Try writing an essay over six pages on "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde." Describe the ways in which Robert Louis Stevenson used symbolism to shape the narrative and communicate ideas through his text.

Anyone wanna try doing that for me? lol. I keep putting it off. . .

Different one lol - lucky matthew has multiple fan clubs lol XD

Nope not 30 guests max - sometimes over by about 10 lol

Try writing an essay over six pages on "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde." Describe the ways in which Robert Louis Stevenson used symbolism to shape the narrative and communicate ideas through his text.

Commenting on who people have two sides to them - constantly swap between them dependent on the situation - nobody is ever truly themeselves - Mr Hyde is the side of us we want to remian hidden from society - blah blah blah

:( I'm Naurarwen or Sam. I will do some fanfic at some point I hope to put on here.

I'm 18, I live in Blackpool and I am engaged to my lovely fiancé Andy M ;)

I go to Blackpool and the Fylde College and am currently doing a First Diploma in Performing Arts. But me and one of the girls in my class have serious disagreements and I can see a fight breaking out one day.

I am a Harry Potter, Thunderbirds, Lord of the Rings, and well alot of films fan.

I cosplay as Draco Malfoy and he will be appearing for the first time at Gmex

Thats all for now folks

She's only a traitor to you dude... Frankly, I'm a little glad there's going to be a fair few on my side... I mean, I know I have Fleur and Cedric, and Lily of course, but I'm sure there's more death eaters about!! (I'll be in the Harry costume btw)

918775[/snapback]

Im on your side, don't worry. My boyf bought me a wand, so you can rely on me! :firedevil:

1,500 isn't so much. You can so that any time.

919280[/snapback]

Im supposed to have started my 8000 word dissertation, but am too busy looking forward to this! Any suggestions for me? :lol:

Different one lol - lucky matthew has multiple fan clubs lol XD

Nope not 30 guests max - sometimes over by about 10 lol

Try writing an essay over six pages on "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde." Describe the ways in which Robert Louis Stevenson used symbolism to shape the narrative and communicate ideas through his text.

Commenting on who people have two sides to them - constantly swap between them dependent on the situation - nobody is ever truly themeselves - Mr Hyde is the side of us we want to remian hidden from society - blah blah blah

919673[/snapback]

I did the essay and it's crap, but there's nothing i can do about that. I'm lazy.

Hi naurarwen_fangorn! I don't cosplay as anyone. . .i go as me!! lol. How boring. Oh wel, can't wait to see you all though.

I go to Blackpool and the Fylde College and am currently doing a First Diploma in Performing Arts. But me and one of the girls in my class have serious disagreements and I can see a fight breaking out one day.

919744[/snapback]

We had some serious barneys in theatre studies - apparantl mean becaus we didn't lt the equadorian brat have her way...was hilarious when she wlaked ot of rehearsals XD

She's only a traitor to you dude... Frankly, I'm a little glad there's going to be a fair few on my side... I mean, I know I have Fleur and Cedric, and Lily of course, but I'm sure there's more death eaters about!! (I'll be in the Harry costume btw)

918775[/snapback]

Im on your side, don't worry. My boyf bought me a wand, so you can rely on me! :firedevil:

1,500 isn't so much. You can so that any time.

919280[/snapback]

Im supposed to have started my 8000 word dissertation, but am too busy looking forward to this! Any suggestions for me? :lol:

919892[/snapback]

XP Evil shall conquer all! I suggest changing it so that it's really about Harry Potter!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting around a lot lately...my life has been really hectic . Today I haven't been home since 7:30 a.m., and now it's 7:40 p.m.

How are you all doing?

I totally know what you mean - I've been rushing around like a headless chicken the past few days!

First, I had to go to like a billion meetings in order to change my degree course, so I was stuck on campus all day even though I didn't have any lectures. Two days in a row. And then yesterday I had a crucial exam, so I had to revise for that too because unless I pass, I'm not allowed to switch courses.

Then once I got home from the exam, I didn't even really have time to chill out, because a friend of mine is coming to stay for the weekend and I had to get a late Christmas present for her, and then get some food in, and then I was planning to set up the spare room and tidy the kitchen and living room because I had no idea what time she was planning to arrive, but then she emailed me and turns out she isn't getting here until this evening, so instead of all that tidying I had an early night to try and catch up on all the sleep I've been missing lately!

So, lots of tidying today, and once she's here I'll probably be mega-busy because she had loads of stuff planned for us to do, so I may be a bit quiet on here until Sunday evening!

What has everyone else been up to?

I have a big test today, and I won't be home until about 4:30, most likely...I just wrote a one shot over at HPFF, and another chapter. I have a long list of stories that I promised to review, and beta. I'm writing a novel and I'm trying to write 3 pages every day so that I stay on track...it's getting a little hectic :wub:

Hey everyone!

My name is Anna but everyone calls me Annie. I'm 20 years old and I live near Manchester but go to University in Sheffield. I'm studying Media with a Public Relations minor at Sheffield Hallam and I'm in my final year! *is scared*

Things I LOVE to do are performing (including dancing, singing and acting!), reading, listening to music and going out with my friends. I'm also a big Harry Potter fan and I enjoy anything that relates to it!

My first collectormania experience was Collectormania 7 at Milton Keynes. I really enjoyed myself and got lots and lots of autographs! I even had my picture taken in the car from 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' and I could not have been more excited about it!! Hee hee! I'm such a child! I was there on the Saturday and I told Alan Cumming that he had nice eyes, I told Tom Felton that he had a nice Signature and me and Devon Murray had an in depth conversation about the film/musical Annie! Now there are some memories that will last a life time! Hee hee!

I'm definitely making my way over to Collectormania Gmex in February since I live only a bus ride away from Manchester! I was so chuffed to hear that there was going to be an event in Manchester and I was even more pleased when I heard there were going to be a load of the Harry Potter cast there! I'll be there on the Saturday. It should be a great day for me as I'm going to the event, Having lunch in a pub then going to a friends birthday party in one of the clubs in Manchester! YAY!

Anyway, enough of my rambling! I hope I haven't bored you and that I speak to you guys soon!

Annie.

Dude, Ray Park IS awesome with capital letters! He rocked in X-Men as well! Aww, he's just a good all rounder... What a transition? Evil red and black faced Sith Lord to a slimey little green-faced toad...

Awesome...

And sorry about forgetting Matthew Thewlis's name... I have a memory like a fish.. Trust me. I'll be doing some work for college or summat, my mum would be at work and the phone would go. I'd answer it, take a message and then completely forget that someone had rung and that I'd take a message... my mum would say, "Anyone rang?" and I'd be like "No..."

Then she's find the message three days later...

:lol:

I'm hopeless...

Luv Laurie xxXXxx

And sorry about forgetting Matthew Thewlis's name... I have a memory like a fish.. Trust me.

920182[/snapback]

Hehehehehe - It's Matthew Lewis... heheheh

I've had a hectic week for sure... I started my placement on Monday (I'm training to be a teacher) so I'm working full-time in a primary classroom (year 1) for 6 weeks... lucky G-mex is over half term!!

The class are lovely, but very excitable, so I'm really worn out...

Had the school trip from hell this morning, but it was just sooo funny!

Music all afternoon, though to call it music is being kind... 'noise' was closer to the truth... doh!

Also been ill with a 'sick-bug' all week, which isn't much fun, but there's we go!!

Lizzi xxx

XP Evil shall conquer all! I suggest changing it so that it's really about Harry Potter!

919924[/snapback]

I did think about it, but didnt wana ruin the magic by pulling it apart! Chose Shakespeare instead! :P

It'll be fun to see all you dressed as death eaters and the such. Sounds like a laugh! :P

919924[/snapback]

I did think about it, but didnt wana ruin the magic by pulling it apart! Chose Shakespeare instead! <_<

It'll be fun to see all you dressed as death eaters and the such. Sounds like a laugh! :D

920490[/snapback]

Hoepfully it will be - especially if there are children to petrify - something that Milton Keynes has in abundance lol

God my ribs are killing me! I'm ill and at work -cries- stupid lack of money meaning I have to work

God my ribs are killing me! I'm ill and at work -cries- stupid lack of money meaning I have to work

You poor thing!

*hugs*

I hope you feel better soon!

921176[/snapback]

-huggles back- thankies dude!

I'll be fine I hope - new obsession with corsets that is making me feel better! XD it's why my ribs are dead lol

new obsession with corsets that is making me feel better!

Yay, corsets are the best!!

Today was such a busy day...so much homework...ugh.

Tell me about it. I'm supposed to be on Reading Week and they've given me a million things to do. Plus I found out today that half of my classes clash with the other half.

Oh, well....

NEARLY G-MEX!!!!!!

Well you've asked the wrong person... As a student teacher, allow me to explain...

Learning is done best when it is repeated until the subject knowledge is known, or the skills are mastered... The teaching we can get across in schools is limited to the classroom in most cases... more learning actually takes place when the student or pupil takes it upon themselves to practise and learn independantly, than when they just sit in a classroom...

It's a classic case of of sponges and pebbles (the imagery favoured in my current school) sponges take on an active role in their learning and development... pebbles sit and wait for the learning to 'happen' to them... which is more likely to achieve higher grades and standards??

So rather than seeing homework as a constant assessment of what you can do by yourself, if you view it as practise and furthering your own learning independantly, you'll achieve greater things.

Philosophy over... Only problem with homework, is if there really is TOO much of it, and you're a sponge at school, then it's entirely possible for the brain to reach terminal capacity for a day prior to homework being completed... For me, that's at 9pm on a Tuesday... After that, no learning (or lesson planning in my case) will take place!

Lizzi xx

new obsession with corsets that is making me feel better!

Yay, corsets are the best!!

NEARLY G-MEX!!!!!!

921378[/snapback]

I so know - I haven't just gone on a shopping spree -cough-

XD XD XD GMEX! Am so excited! Keep wanting to bounce and squee at work lol already get strange looks for laughing at forum posts lol

Well you've asked the wrong person... As a student teacher, allow me to explain...

Learning is done best when it is repeated until the subject knowledge is known, or the skills are mastered... The teaching we can get across in schools is limited to the classroom in most cases... more learning actually takes place when the student or pupil takes it upon themselves to practise and learn independantly, than when they just sit in a classroom...

It's a classic case of of sponges and pebbles (the imagery favoured in my current school) sponges take on an active role in their learning and development... pebbles sit and wait for the learning to 'happen' to them... which is more likely to achieve higher grades and standards??

So rather than seeing homework as a constant assessment of what you can do by yourself, if you view it as practise and furthering your own learning independantly, you'll achieve greater things.

Philosophy over... Only problem with homework, is if there really is TOO much of it, and you're a sponge at school, then it's entirely possible for the brain to reach terminal capacity for a day prior to homework being completed... For me, that's at 9pm on a Tuesday... After that, no learning (or lesson planning in my case) will take place!

Lizzi xx

921562[/snapback]

Lol, I guess you're right...but for me, it's just the same stuff repeated at home. I think that if you know it already, you shouldn't have to do it over and over, but I understand that that works best for some people.

Hey *waves* guess I should intro meself, although, Tippin already knows me so she can correct any glaring inconsistencies (lies) if you desperately want to...

I'm Amy, I'm 20 (21 in july, and doesn't that just scare the crap out of me) I live nr Manchester, and I would work in a Nursery School as I used to, but I can't seem to find another that will have me. I am currently getting a job at Sainsbury's (but at least I cling to the vague hope that I will never have to utter the dread words 'do you want fries with that?' *shudders*)

I don't write enough, not really, and I hardly ever finish anything, although I do get bitten by plot bunnies on a regular basis (I'm thinking of giving them to a pet sanctuary, but the damn things won't let go!) and my fandoms are many and varied.

I've been reading fanfic since I was ... *thinks* ... oh my! Since I was about 12 I think, geeze that's a long time.

I cannot wait til Gmex, and am bouncing (quite literally) with joy and random squee-ness. If many of you are going I'll probably see some of you there, though I doubt I'll be recognised.

Must dash, time for Beddy-bies, when all good little girls aught to be asleep (cackles with laughter).

Night. Amy.

Hey *waves* guess I should intro meself, although, Tippin already knows me so she can correct any glaring inconsistencies (lies) if you desperately want to...

I'm Amy, I'm 20 (21 in july, and doesn't that just scare the crap out of me) I live nr Manchester, and I would work in a Nursery School as I used to, but I can't seem to find another that will have me. I am currently getting a job at Sainsbury's (but at least I cling to the vague hope that I will never have to utter the dread words 'do you want fries with that?' *shudders*)

I don't write enough, not really, and I hardly ever finish anything, although I do get bitten by plot bunnies on a regular basis (I'm thinking of giving them to a pet sanctuary, but the damn things won't let go!) and my fandoms are many and varied.

I've been reading fanfic since I was ... *thinks* ... oh my! Since I was about 12 I think, geeze that's a long time.

I cannot wait til Gmex, and am bouncing (quite literally) with joy and random squee-ness. If many of you are going I'll probably see some of you there, though I doubt I'll be recognised.

Must dash, time for Beddy-bies, when all good little girls aught to be asleep (cackles with laughter).

Night. Amy.

922394[/snapback]

If you were ever a good girl I would die of shock XP XD

Amy and I went to primary school together and she is one of the MADS crew lol - and a fan of the mosco mule (should talk to Ellie dude XD)

BTW I forgot - Hi Annie!