Another talk question but not previously asked

At past events, the rooms have been cleared. I guess the reason for this is the ticket system, which is kind of important to make sure the talk area isn't over-crowded. (If you let people stay, how do you know they have a ticket?)

917690[/snapback]

you could get someone to check that they have tickets for the next talk, else boot them out?!

917734[/snapback]

That would take too long and eat into the amount of time the guests had to talk. Also, people would get tickets for talks for people they didn't want to see, just so they could get a good seat for someone they DID want to see... then, true fans of a talk may not even get a ticket!

For example (as I don't think I've explained that too well), HP fans, may also get tickets for the 2 previous talks, just so they could be near the front for the HP talk and this might prevent actual fans of Brent Spiner getting a ticket.

917743[/snapback]

How about semi-assigned seating? (This does require numbered tickets, handed out on a more-or-less first-come first served basis)

Let's assume about 20 seats per row.

Front 3 rows are Gold Pass, plus any registered disabled who have pre-informed SM that they need to be sat at the front for safety reasons (easy egress etc). These people can stay in place (and just check the tickets of those disabled staying on, I guess).

Everybody else goes out, and then as they come in they're told:

* First 3 rows are Gold Pass and notified registered disabled

* Rows 1-3 are for ticket numbers 1-60

* Rows 4-6 are for ticket numbers 61-120

* Rows 7-9 are for ticket numbers 121-180

* Rows 10-12 are for ticket numbers 181-240

etc

That's reasonably fair to those who turn up and queue early without completely disadvantaging those who have been turned out of the previous talk and haven't had a chance to queue.

as mentioned in my previous reply, I crewed talks at LFaCC3 and infact this was put into place for one of the popular talks (it might have been Billy Boyd's?) and I was in charge of taking tickets and managing Q etc - lucky me!

so with all the people at the front from the previous talk (some of which, as you point out Chris MK, had no interest in that talk) I had to check tickets and I just asked everyone loudly and clearly (not shouting) to hold up the tickets for me to see everyone had one and to take tickets  B)

it was hard to manoover round everyone pushing forward for seats etc and what's a person to do if the parents have a ticket and the kid don't and vise versa and it's the person they've been waiting all day for yadda?!  :lol:

Simple - those without a ticket are out. Those with a ticket can either stay or go out as well. No ticket, no talk. Yup, easier said than done, so chucking everybody out at the start is a much easier way to deal with that sort of thing.

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to mention people going down the isle of the talk to take photos:

if you are at the back fair enough, you'd like a pic BUT there were some people at LFaCC3 who knelt on the floor at the front with camera for the ENTIRE talk so everyone else at the back could just see a giant head and not the actor  :angry:

surfy sah xx

917757[/snapback]

Crew should ask them to move. If they don't, crew should stand in front of them. :P

looks like I won't be seeing the HP talk then :huh: ah well but hey I hope SM WILL FILM THE TALKS and eventually :unsure: get them to us on dvd????

easier said than one regarding removing people Tommy T if theres 200 odd people, when the talks are running late, when the actor is ready to start and people are still trying to get to seats! you can't just turf people out of the middle of the row! and I speak from experience where people don't listen to crew that are alot younger than them B) now I'm 21 and have crewed and bunch of events, SM and otherwise, but that doesn't change that some members of the public just don't like being asked what to do by some one half their age :D

are we allowed to stand at the back??? or will it be that long rectangular seating plan again?! :rolleyes:

surfy sah x :P

Oh well...it looks like I'll have to miss Andy Serkis so I don't have to be in the back for the Robert/Katie talk *insert uncontrollable crying here* Well, at least I'll be able to make it to one talk I'm interested in that weekend.

That's why I personally agree with the semi-assigned numbering of the ticket ideas mentioned earlier in this post. Makes it fair for everyone.

That way, the room can be cleared then everyone has their assigned areas. And that way people who are interested in seeing the talk right before another one don't get stuck at the back of the line when they weren't able to line up in the first place.

Just a suggestion...I know it'll be hard to do considering how many people will be going in for the talks and in terms of the crews being able to check tickets.

Maybe SMs could arrange seatings according to height  :D

918111[/snapback]

That would suit me fine.

918172[/snapback]

Not me it wouldn't ;)

918175[/snapback]

Well if you are going to be difficult what do you expect? BTW whats the point of having seats with extra legspace on planes?

• Showmasters Admin
Maybe SMs could arrange seatings according to height  :D

918111[/snapback]

That would suit me fine.

918172[/snapback]

Not me it wouldn't ;)

918175[/snapback]

Well if you are going to be difficult what do you expect? BTW whats the point of having seats with extra legspace on planes?

918177[/snapback]

It's so short people can swing there legs out in front of them without kicking the chair in front ;)

you lot are cheeky peeps :wub:

and yes I take the point about being short ^_^ 5"4 grrr :wub:

I'd be happy to WATCH the HP talk from the back because I don't want to talk pictures

BUT I will want decent pics of the Stargate talk because it's just landmark, CJ and MS are THE duo in Stargate :hathor:

so I can't win either way! I'm short so I need to be nearish the front and I'd need to be near the front to take pictures so to do this I'd need to Q for the SG talk well in advance hence I can't be in the Q AND watch the HP talk at the same time :wub: *sigh*

I really hope, with the exception of gold pass, that crew will empty the talks completely as some people did stay in for the ones at LFaCC 3 :lol:

surfy sah xx

easier said than one regarding removing people Tommy T if theres 200 odd people, when the talks are running late, when the actor is ready to start and people are still trying to get to seats! you can't just turf people out of the middle of the row! and I speak from experience where people don't listen to crew that are alot younger than them :P now I'm 21 and have crewed and bunch of events, SM and otherwise, but that doesn't change that some members of the public just don't like being asked what to do by some one half their age :lol:

917897[/snapback]

Never had any trouble getting older folks to do what they were told when I worked public events as a lad. Probably helps that I'm quite a large and imposing sod :blush:

Get it agreed by the crew bosses in advance that the official line for all to tell is that you need to clear the area and re-check people in with tickets to prevent overcrowding in order to comply with the venue health and safety regs (you probably do need to do so if you take a precise/narrow enough reading of them, anyway, so it's not a lie). Gold Pass ticket holders have already been checked and have a ticket anyway, so they don't need to leave.

Always helps to get the crowd on your side. If you get anybody resistant, you just say pretty loudly but politely and without shouting "I'm terribly sorry sir/madam, but the health and safety requirements say we have to clear the room of everybody first to ensure we don't get overcrowded. I know we're running late, so the sooner we get the room cleared, the more time we'll have for the talk. I'm sure you don't want to have the talk cut short, and I'm sure you don't want to cut the short talk for everybody else, so if you could just please move out..." - usually helps to get the rest of the audience as well shaming him/her into moving.

They only give out tickets for the talks on that day, (can't get Sunday talk tickets on Saturday) but when me and my friends arrive, we will have to pay on the door for Saturday but we have Sunday tickets (weird I know) so say we arrive around 9am and get standard tickets, even though we can't properlly get in till 11am, anyone know if we can still get tickets for the Red Dwarf, HP & SG talks, and if they can be got at the same time, etc...

To be honest the second two are for my friends who can't go so I said i'd try and go and take pictures/ask questions for them, but I am a SG fan and a limited HP fan, though I still haven't got round to taking the 6th book off the shelf... Or watch the 4th movie, but thanks to my Draco obsessed friend I could tell you every single scene he's in, Especially the ferret bit.

• Showmasters Admin
They only give out tickets for the talks on that day, (can't get Sunday talk tickets on Saturday) but when me and my friends arrive, we will have to pay on the door for Saturday but we have Sunday tickets (weird I know) so say we arrive around 9am and get standard tickets, even though we can't properlly get in till 11am, anyone know if we can still get tickets for the Red Dwarf, HP & SG talks, and if they can be got at the same time, etc...

To be honest the second two are for my friends who can't go so I said i'd try and go and take pictures/ask questions for them, but I am a SG fan and a limited HP fan, though I still haven't got round to taking the 6th book off the shelf... Or watch the 4th movie, but thanks to my Draco obsessed friend I could tell you every single scene he's in, Especially the ferret bit.

919664[/snapback]

Sorry but you get talk tickets from the organisers booth. Which is inside the event. So no you will not be able to get the talk tickets until the enter the show. It's another advantage to getting an early bird ticket.

Hey, I just asked this in another thread, but is there a time limit to how long they will hand out the VT's untill?

I'll get there for 11am, will they still give me the VT/talk tickets?

919731[/snapback]

If they don't run out, queue tickets will be given out through the entire day.

And seeing we have no Hobbits and no James Marsters on the guest list, I daresay the danger of tickets running out is extremely limited.

• Showmasters Admin
Hey, I just asked this in another thread, but is there a time limit to how long they will hand out the VT's untill?

I'll get there for 11am, will they still give me the VT/talk tickets?

919731[/snapback]

I just answered in the other thread ;)

919664[/snapback]

Sorry but you get talk tickets from the organisers booth. Which is inside the event. So no you will not be able to get the talk tickets until the enter the show. It's another advantage to getting an early bird ticket.

919729[/snapback]

Fair enough, I'll probably be their for 9am anyway so me and the others can then decide whether to get standard tickets or pay the extra fiver to get let in earlier - depending on the queues.