Tickets

Rach

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
I think you should put it in your signature ...

ATTENTION ALL N00BS!!

GO HERE FIRST PLEASE OR I'LL KILL YOU!

FAQ TOPIC

Something like that :o

913135[/snapback]

I've thought about it :blink:

• Showmasters Admin
You need to get Showmasters to add a little "Please go here first for all answers ..." thing in a registration email, and in news emails too :headscratch:

913716[/snapback]

Even then they'll be people that ignore it. I guess it would hopefully pick up some of the people that genuinely miss it.

But they'll always be lazy people that think...

"I can't be bothered to read an FAQ it'll be quicker just to ask. And the question I want to ask isn't going to be in the FAQ anyway so why should I bother reading it."

Even though as we know 9 times out of 10 the answer is in there.

• Moderators

Hmm true, we can cater for the stupid but not for the lazy it seems! :P

Oh well, maybe get someone that's clever to add an extra button up there with the IMG and QUOTE etc that automatically replies GO HERE - FAQ :headscratch:

• Showmasters Admin
A pop up would be good. If someone puts a question mark in a post, the pop up says, have you looked at the FAQ!!!!!!!!

913751[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be really irritating though???!???

913796[/snapback]

Yep :firedevil:

Almost as annoying as being asked the same question 5 times when it's already answered in an FAQ you spent days writing B)

PS: Thanks for all your help on answering questions, and pointing people at the FAQ. You've been great :wub: (that goes for David too but he's been doing it since before I joined)

PSS: I was joking about the pop-up :wub:

Edited by Too Tall

You need to get Showmasters to add a little "Please go here first for all answers ..." thing in a registration email, and in news emails too :lol:

913716[/snapback]

Even then they'll be people that ignore it. I guess it would hopefully pick up some of the people that genuinely miss it.

"I can't be bothered to read an FAQ it'll be quicker just to ask. And the question I want to ask isn't going to be in the FAQ anyway so why should I bother reading it."

913732[/snapback]

People like you and feralmoggy should change your avatars to something that looks less cuddly. Then give it some service with a snarl. May I suggest a stock response of:

"Oi, you snivelling little wretch! How dare you come in here asking questions that are covered in the FAQ thread?! Now get thee hence to the FAQ and don't come back unless you have a question that it doesn't cover. And no, there won't be anybody at the event to wipe your bottom, either!"

Preferably in huge bold red type. That flashes.

:rolleyes:

You need to get Showmasters to add a little "Please go here first for all answers ..." thing in a registration email, and in news emails too ;)

913716[/snapback]

913732[/snapback]

People like you and feralmoggy should change your avatars to something that looks less cuddly. Then give it some service with a snarl. May I suggest a stock response of:

"Oi, you snivelling little wretch! How dare you come in here asking questions that are covered in the FAQ thread?! Now get thee hence to the FAQ and don't come back unless you have a question that it doesn't cover. And no, there won't be anybody at the event to wipe your bottom, either!"

Preferably in huge bold red type. That flashes.

:D

914161[/snapback]

:P:D But I am cuddly ... I like cuddles ... and Orville too

I haven't received mine yet (And I've ordered quite a few - for myself and friends), but don't panic, I'm sure that a lot of people have purchased tickets so it's going to take a bit of time to send them all out, Showmasters will make sure we all receive them in time though so don't worry. :wub:

Edited by Freyja

Just out of interest, has anyone received their tickets yet? :headscratch:

916623[/snapback]

nope - not yet.... :D

916634[/snapback]

I haven't received mine yet (And I've ordered quite a few - for myself and friends), but don't panic, I'm sure that a lot of people have purchased tickets so it's going to take a bit of time to send them all out, Showmasters will make sure we all receive them in time though so don't worry. ;)

916775[/snapback]

I hope you are right! ^_^

Me and my friends were only going to go on Sunday, and ordered our tickets, then found out the Red Dwarf talk was on Saturday so I convinced my mum and we're going both days and me and Bex decided to just get the saturday tickets on the door as we'll get there early.

Me and my friends were only going to go on Sunday, and ordered our tickets, then found out the Red Dwarf talk was on Saturday so I convinced my mum and we're going both days and me and Bex decided to just get the saturday tickets on the door as we'll get there early.

918974[/snapback]

I just my advance tickets in the post today! Yipeeee! Cant wait! :D:P:D

918974[/snapback]

I just my advance tickets in the post today! Yipeeee! Cant wait!:D:D:yoda:

919583[/snapback]

you just got them?! ooohhhh... this will now spark comments from people of "i haven't" !!!! :P

Actually I haven't! :P

When did you order yours?

Got mine as well today, came by recorded delivery and arrived at 7am :P

I ordered mine last year when the SM Store went online

919602[/snapback]

Kewl... that'll make people happy if they're starting to be sent out...

Only ordered mine on saturday (needed to confirm time off work for myself and the two people I'm going with) so doubt mine will be waiting for me when i get home!

however.... i live in hope!

Now to top it all off... wouldn't it be nice getting a few last minute guest annoucements next week?! :D :D

Got mine as well today, came by recorded delivery and arrived at 7am :wub:

I ordered mine last year when the SM Store went online

919602[/snapback]

Kewl... that'll make people happy if they're starting to be sent out...

Only ordered mine on saturday (needed to confirm time off work for myself and the two people I'm going with) so doubt mine will be waiting for me when i get home!

however.... i live in hope!

Now to top it all off... wouldn't it be nice getting a few last minute guest annoucements next week?! :wub::help:

919616[/snapback]

I ordered my tickets on the 16th of Jan so weren't expecting them to arrive today but they did :wub: so maybe they sent everyone's out at the same time.