Autograph prices justified?

Sven

I saw the prices for autographs on the MSPG homepage.

As I know you have to take off £10 to get the price charged on the event.

But as I compared I got a little confused:

Ian Sommerhalder will be £15. All Narnia guest will also be £15 according to the homepage! Even "extras" like the Boggle or Cyclops who didn't even say a word...

Do you think these prices are justified?

Or will they perhaps charge less?

Edited by Sven

• Moderators

Depends really. No one really knows the ins and outs of the contracts. There's probably transport and hotel and blah blah blah. Plus Narnia's a pretty recent movie. It was the same with LOTR people and those prices were paid.

We could always have the "well if they're £10 more people would get them and they'd make more money etc" argument but we'll never be able to prove that unfortunately!

I won't be getting many of them though as I can't remember them from the movie :headscratch:

I dont think its a case of it being justified!

SM have always charged 15+ and thats fine by me as i have never known different!

If you want an auto you will pay for it! if not then dont, there are others who will!

I guess its just perspective!

Ian is a good guest and if it means you only pay 15 then great!

Veasse xx

P.S Happy New Year xx

It's a very good point. Certain Star Wars Actors do nothing but go from one convention to the next year after year so there are literally Milllions of their Autographs in circulation!

Therefore it's the rare Actors Autographs (e.g Revenge of the Sith people like this) that will be worth the money in the future because they may only try 1 or 2 conventions and not carry on for the rest of their lives.

The ironic thing about it is, the bigger names who've been doing it for 30 years charge more for their autographs in the first place and it's more likely they'll be worth very little in the future!

It's a very good point.  Certain Star Wars Actors do nothing but go from one convention to the next year after year so there are literally Milllions of their Autographs in circulation!

Therefore it's the rare Actors Autographs (e.g Revenge of the Sith people like this) that will be worth the money in the future because they may only try 1 or 2 conventions and not carry on for the rest of their lives.

The ironic thing about it is, the bigger names who've been doing it for 30 years charge more for their autographs in the first place and it's more likely they'll be worth very little in the future!

907974[/snapback]

And your point of posting the same reply in four topics is? :lol:

SM have always charged 15+ and thats fine by me as i have never known different!

Obviously you did not attend collectormania 1 then :(

907966[/snapback]

aye some guests have been £10 before for example the Red Dwarf guys at LFaCC1 :lol:

surfy sah xx

£15 is too much, it was very refreshing that at a major show at the end of november most guests were charging £10 and £5 for personal items. Be nice to see that attitude at showmaster events. I aint complaning though as I will pay to get the autos i need, regardless of the price.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a very good point.  Certain Star Wars Actors do nothing but go from one convention to the next year after year so there are literally Milllions of their Autographs in circulation!

907974[/snapback]

You seem obsessed with how much your collection will be worth in the future.... Most of the people I know that collect autographs do so for the fun of it.

Just to meet someone you are a fan of, perhaps sharing a joke or a little small talk then puchasing an autograph as a memento of that meeting seems to me to be the point. If you want to invest in something that will be worth money in the future.. I suggest the stock market!

And just to clarify another point, the bigger the actor, the more expensive they are going to be as it costs more to get them to the show in the first place!

Edited by Gerrysgirl