Portrait of Billy as Pippin...

rainbowsparkle

I got distracted while looking at the Billy one and scrolled to see what else you have done and its amazing. I've been doing cross stitch for a while and was wondering how you made up your own patterns and selected colours. What a great job you've done and it must of taken so much patience to do all of them without getting hand cramp! And to think Dirk Benedict owns his own! Did you give it to him at C6?

wow it's purdy! you're very talented

Thank you :uhoh:

I got distracted while looking at the Billy one and scrolled to see what else you have done and its amazing. I've been doing cross stitch for a while and was wondering how you made up your own patterns and selected colours. What a great job you've done and it must of taken so much patience to do all of them without getting hand cramp! And to think Dirk Benedict owns his own! Did you give it to him at C6?

888351[/snapback]

Awww - thanks for the compliment :P I have a computer programme to help make the patterns but there's a bit more to it in terms of being able to digitally alter an image first to know what will work and what won't. The worst mistake I made when I first started was the Barry van Dyke one which was something like 23 colours in a small space - every blinkin' stitch was a different colour!!! I learnt a harsh lesson from that one!

Yes, I gave Dirk his tapestry at C6. Anyone who was there would have laughed but I was on the verge of tears - he almost said he couldn't take it because it was too heavy to take back on the plane but the sight of my tear-filled eyes and trembling lip made him take pity on me! When I saw him again somewhere else, he recognised me and jokingly said, "Shame on you for doing that to me!" LOL

*sigh* I :huh: him...

wow it's purdy! you're very talented

Thank you :blush:

888351[/snapback]

Awww - thanks for the compliment :D I have a computer programme to help make the patterns but there's a bit more to it in terms of being able to digitally alter an image first to know what will work and what won't. The worst mistake I made when I first started was the Barry van Dyke one which was something like 23 colours in a small space - every blinkin' stitch was a different colour!!! I learnt a harsh lesson from that one!

Yes, I gave Dirk his tapestry at C6. Anyone who was there would have laughed but I was on the verge of tears - he almost said he couldn't take it because it was too heavy to take back on the plane but the sight of my tear-filled eyes and trembling lip made him take pity on me! When I saw him again somewhere else, he recognised me and jokingly said, "Shame on you for doing that to me!" LOL

*sigh* I :wub: him...

888662[/snapback]

Any chance you could send me the pattern along with the DMC numbers as I'd like to give it a try myself. i'd be happy to pay or would you only make them yourself?

We-ell, I can't give you that particular pattern because I try to sell my pictures as unique "one of a kind" portraits. Also, the way the pattern is created means it wouldn't actually work with DMC threads or wools because I don't use DMC myself so I don't configure the pattern that way.

However, I would be more than happy to create an original pattern for you, at no cost, if you want to send me a couple of your favourite pics of Billy to work on. Also let me know what colours you'd like to use (like the LotR ones are all green based, maybe you'd like blue or monotone or something?) and I can make you a simple but effective pattern that would work on aida (let me know what count you use) and with DMC threads.

my email addy is

the_original_rainbowsparkle@hotmail.com

Hope that's OK ;)

Hi There :lol:

....and here are mine in various stages of completion.....

The first one is full Cross Stitch on 14 count Aida using Anchor Stranded Cotton....and measures 12x12ins...

2005_0712Image0057Small.jpg

2005_0712Image0060Small.jpg

2005_0811Image0002.jpg

P8290045Small.jpg

P8290046Small.jpg

....and this one is the one I'm currently working on...It is also full Cross Stitch with Anchor Stranded Cotton and is on 16 count aida and measures 13x15ins

2005_0811Image0004.jpg

2005_0811Image0008.jpg

Not too bad for 12 months work!!!....and cross eyes...lol :blush:

Hi There  :P

....and here are mine in various stages of completion.....

The first one is full Cross Stitch on 14 count Aida using Anchor Stranded Cotton....and measures 12x12ins...

2005_0712Image0057Small.jpg

2005_0712Image0060Small.jpg

2005_0811Image0002.jpg

P8290045Small.jpg

P8290046Small.jpg

....and this one is the one I'm currently working on...It is  also full Cross Stitch with Anchor Stranded Cotton and is on 16 count aida and measures 13x15ins

2005_0811Image0004.jpg

2005_0811Image0008.jpg

Not too bad for 12 months work!!!....and cross eyes...lol  :blink:

890014[/snapback]

Yay for my Mommy ! LOL :lol:

Edited by DisneyDude78

Bloody hell! Those are amazing!!!  You must have the patience of a saint!  Personally I can't stand doing cross-stitch - it drives me mad - but to do those in all the colours as well...*takes hat off and bows*  :P

What did Billy say?

890229[/snapback]

Hi There :D

Thank you!....They drive me ruddy well mad at times though too!....I sometimes think I'll never get 'em finished!....But I just have a bit of a fit, then a sulk and carry on with 'em!....I love it really!...lol :rolleyes:

Billy loved it!....He couldn't stop stroking it!....He asked me who had made it and how long it had taken to do....When I told him that I had, and it had taken almost a year, he was totally gob-smacked!.... :o

Then I told him that I was working on another one, but that this one was bigger, and he said that he hoped it wasn't going to be another year before he got to see that one as well!..... So I told him that it all depends on when he comes back to another show and that I'd see him there, and he said that he couldn't wait for that!!.....Hehehe!!!....Neither can I!!!... :D

Lots of Huggles

white_rider :D

• 2 weeks later...