Theories and speculation...

showmasters

Maybe they are trapped in their own purgatory in some parallel universe somewhere separate fromt he others :blink:

Who knows...I guess we are just going to have to be patient, especially as I read somewhere there is going to be at least 7 seasons of the show :huh:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sure? how much can you get out of the plot? don't get me wrong I'm not dissing it, I love it! but theres only so many stories you can come up with from the plot and these season is 24 eps long as it is! I guess we shall have to wait and see what they come up with! :lol:

are you sure? how much can you get out of the plot? don't get me wrong I'm not dissing it, I love it! but theres only so many stories you can come up with from the plot and these season is 24 eps long as it is! I guess we shall have to wait and see what they come up with! ;)

856574[/snapback]

No, I'm not 100%. I can't even remember where I read it.

I have read an interview with Matthew Fox since though, and he was asked how long he thought it could run. He said considering how long Party of Five ran, with only five main characters, Lost, with it's cast, could easily run for 8 years or so., so who knows.

I can see what you mean though about it maybe running thin, but there is a whole lot of explaining to be done. We haven't even got around to seeing everyones story yet, and that's just the 'main' cast...not to mention the other 40 or so survivors on the island :D

My big question (despite all the obvious) is how can you possibly have a big climactic season end without getting them off the island? I am not sure yet if I like it but am going to keep watching. Missed Ep 3 though but picked it up again ok.

I would also like to mention that if anyone speaks French - what did you think about the transmission (not the translation)????!!!! :unsure:

As for what is going on - I have no idea and haven't really thought about it. The empty coffin freaked me a bit though but I guess it could have been empty the whole time. I like the Bermuda triangle idea as it would explain why no one found them. It is actually really hard for a plane to get "lost" (no pun intended) these days.

are you saying that the translation she did was not actually rigtht and the transmission said something else!?

Well it is a bit debatable - she got the general idea but the interesting thing is in the word used in - "it killed them all". What was said in French was "il" which normally means "he". It could just be a weird way of referring to a male thing but if (and people will probably debate this with me) I wanted to say that a weird beasty had killed everyone I would say "ca" which is translated as "it". But as I say it was just something that grabbed me at the time and only when I sit and think about it could it have several meanings.

Sorry but translations and use of language really annoy me if not done right!

• Showmasters Admin
are you saying that the translation she did was not actually rigtht and the transmission said something else!?

Well it is a bit debatable - she got the general idea but the interesting thing is in the word used in - "it killed them all". What was said in French was "il" which normally means "he". It could just be a weird way of referring to a male thing but if (and people will probably debate this with me) I wanted to say that a weird beasty had killed everyone I would say "ca" which is translated as "it". But as I say it was just something that grabbed me at the time and only when I sit and think about it could it have several meanings.

Sorry but translations and use of language really annoy me if not done right!

858600[/snapback]

Interesting :D

If you think about it, it could actually be a clue. The girl that translated it kept saying she didn't really know French that well. Maybe because she was thinking of the big thing is the forest she translated it as thing. But it was meant to be "he". And the writers are just sending us in the direction they want us to go.

they could be in the bermuda triangle...it could account for why the transmition has been playing for 16 years....and the fact that when the plane changed courses before it crashed..everything went haywire and the system got knocked out..

If some one can understand french then listen into the transmition and translate it yourself.. it would be better since u would know what was being said.

if you know french...

and i think that il is he ..............yeah it is ...

i did french but didnt do well...

Edited by maegurwen

I think Mr Locke is a really big part to the whole thing.

Why did he really want to do the bush walk thing? I mean, seeing as he was in a wheelchair, it would be very hard to do.

I know he mentioned to the tour guide that some disabled guy made it to the top of a mountain (cant remember which one he said) to get his point across, but im sure that would have been with help from a team or friends or something.

Mr Locke was by himself on his trip, so im pretty sure that he wasnt hoping that some kind stranger on the bush walk would help him out all the way.

This leads me to think that maybe he could walk all along.

I saw this episode of CSI: NY about people who really want to be amputees, they feel like their limb(s) shouldn’t be there.

Maybe Mr Locke has a similar kind of problem (?) where he believes he is/should be in a wheelchair.

Also, why would you want to have so many knives? If they are part of his private home collection or something, why take them all on holiday???

And then when he came face to face with the monster thingy, why did it not attack him or eat him or whatever?

And... How come he just happened to find the kids dog... and just happened to find Charlie's guitar, which happened to be undamaged, and im sure it must have fallen a fair height from the cargo hold and may have bounced along the ground a bit before coming to its final resting place?

Sorry for my long rantings...

Dum,

Sorry I havent been able to reply sooner.

Your theory is pretty interesting, Im not gonna dismiss it at all, I mean, anything is possible, this is Lost we're talking about...

Polar Bears on an unknown island... monsters in the jungle... drug addicted hobbits... too many adverts during every episode...

Stranger-er and Stranger-er!

Yeah, I figured Locke has something to do with the goings on too.

****E4 spoiler*****

Based on this weeks E4 episode, he did far too much stirring for my liking.

I'm thinking it was actually him who whacked Sayid and he was diverting attention from himself by craftily placing thoughts into Sayid's head about Sawyer.

Locke is the only one I can think of right now who benefits from not leaving the island, him thinking he is living on some miracle island and all...I think he has some part to play in this yet.

yes the scar!!!

all he needs now is a monocle and a fluffy white cat and he could be in Bond or Austin Powers!

I cant wait for tonights episode on Ch. 4, we're gonna see what makes Sawyer tick at last...

But really... what's up with Locke's knives?

If you knew a guy had a few hundred guns with him, you'd think arms dealer or assassin, so you'd stear clear...

If you knew a guy had a few hundred knives with him, you'd think ARGHHH... he's some psycho! Run for your lives... protect the Purple Cheese Monkeys!!! :P

well that was one of the best episodes so far, it out some new angles on some of the charaters, not very much of the bad-baldie this week.

im not sure what to think o sawyer now, i still think he's got some bad agenda, but something else is there, some 'human' side to him.

the relationship between charlie and the pregnant girl is cool.

extra smooth peanut butter anyone...? : )