LOST - UK THREAD

chris_mk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I like it so far. :D

I'm glad I found this thread, I'm afraid to look anywhere else in case I run into spoilers...I knew a bit of stuff even before the show started over here (who dies, and so on). Some things I'd like to know: how many episodes are there? And are we always gonna be behind the US - they're about to get the second season, right?

As for the actual show itself, back when it had just started in America I read a theory on someone's LiveJournal about everyone on the island actually being dead, and the island was sort of...limbo. It's almost definately not true, but I love that idea...:angry:

I read an interview with the creators of Lost and they said that they have answers to all of the questions that they have raised. They just haven't written how/when they are going to show them.

They also said that they are going for science FACT, rather than science fiction. i.e. there will be no time travel or aliens. Everything will have a plausible (although possible very improbable) explanation.

845689[/snapback]

hmm....okay if it is scientific fact then what is a polar bear doing in a jungle ....

that is not really plausable is it....

Polar bear? WTF?

hmm...strange that a polar bear is on there...and somehow i dont think a gorilla would try to eat a polar bear...oh and theres the roaring as well.

Where are they?

On a remote island with a demented creature that noone has seen yet!!

What did Kate do to get arrested?

murder probably...rembering the advert for lost that has like "one of us is a murderer..ect" on it, that was advertised a week before lost came on.

good programme...im hooked...i want the next eppisode...hehe..(goes to hunt for e4...)

• Showmasters Admin
I read an interview with the creators of Lost and they said that they have answers to all of the questions that they have raised. They just haven't written how/when they are going to show them.

They also said that they are going for science FACT, rather than science fiction. i.e. there will be no time travel or aliens. Everything will have a plausible (although possible very improbable) explanation.

845689[/snapback]

hmm....okay if it is scientific fact then what is a polar bear doing in a jungle ....

that is not really plausable is it....

846468[/snapback]

Someone left it there, i.e. going back to my Zoo theory.

It was being transported by the plane/boat that the French people were on/in.

It was on an iceberg that broke off from the antartic and floated north. The polar bear then swam to the island.

They all assume that it's a polar bear, there are no vets there. It could be an unknown white jungle bear.

There are endless plausable (but again maybe not very probable) explainations for it that don't require any supernatual event to have occured.

I love the series, we've had I think about 14 episodes here in Ireland, and it gets better and better! I especially love the relationship that develops between Charlie and Claire, it's really sweet! :P

They're currently filming the second series as far as I know!

I have a question, why have the same topic on both channels in here because people who see C4's episode might wait a week till another episode whilst people who watch both episode back-to-back the same night and get a head of C4.

I watch E4 episodes to get ahead.

If anybody is interested Lost is on the front cover of the latest SFX Magazine and has a section inside the mag.

:huh:

Edited by BluebizzieB

• Showmasters Admin
I watch E4 too...I just can't help it, I HAVE to know what's going to happen.

The only downside is, I still only have one episode a week to watch now..I want more dammit  :P

848496[/snapback]

*has ordered the R1 DVD already*:huh:

849891[/snapback]

*has ordered R1 DVD too* ^_^

Just watching it on Channel 4 at the moment, but what an intriguing series, so many questions, and so few answers, but plenty to speculate on.

Have they landed on an Island that time forgot, so there are still Dinosaurs etc

Did they all die in the plane crash, and they are all trapped in some sort of Limbo between the earth and heave, or hell ?

Or maybe it is the next level in reality TV, where to boost the ratings the TV company has created the situation

Or even perhaps a goverment secret testing facility to see how people would cope in extreme situations

Or something else altogher.

That's half the fun of it, so I'm going to stick to watching it on teresstrial TV and see it pan out week by week.

I watch E4 too...I just can't help it, I HAVE to know what's going to happen.

The only downside is, I still only have one episode a week to watch now..I want more dammit  :D

848496[/snapback]

Yeah I do that too, but its good to refresh your memory, soo just watch it again.....

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am absolutely addicted to this show!!! dam the creators for making it so damned awesome to watch!!! :angry: i hate having to wait a week to watch the next episode!!!!!! i really want to see what exactly is in the jungle, trying to get them!!! i think its some prehistoric monster but then again it sounds to mechanical, maybe its just a huge robot?????????????? i dont know! i want to know NOW!! i really love wednesdays now......... :angry::P:wub::wub::wub:

Just watching it on Channel 4 at the moment, but what an intriguing series, so many questions, and so few answers, but plenty to speculate on.

Have they landed on an Island that time forgot, so there are still Dinosaurs etc

Did they all die in the plane crash, and they are all trapped in some sort of Limbo between the earth and heave, or hell ?

Or maybe it is the next level in reality TV, where to boost the ratings the TV company has created the situation

Or even perhaps a goverment secret testing facility to see how people would cope in extreme situations

That's half the fun of it, so I'm going to stick to watching it on teresstrial TV and see it pan out week by week.

852012[/snapback]

im fairly certain the creators were adament on the NO dinos rule!! thank god!

the whole reality TV thing is horrible. i mean... *shudder* i guess there are some maniacs in the world that would watch that but jeeze!! that would just be freaky.

a lot of people are on the testing facility thing. im not too sure on that one... but i guess it makes some kind of sense.

im going to go with something else all together though. i havent quite worked out what yet but i have seen all the series and im still baffled! can you believe they have story archs for 7 seasons!! we could be getting a whole 7 years of lost!! how cool is that? might mean we have a long wait to find out the truth though. eeeek.

=x=

• 2 weeks later...

852012[/snapback]

im fairly certain the creators were adament on the NO dinos rule!! thank god!

the whole reality TV thing is horrible. i mean... *shudder* i guess there are some maniacs in the world that would watch that but jeeze!! that would just be freaky.

a lot of people are on the testing facility thing. im not too sure on that one... but i guess it makes some kind of sense.

im going to go with something else all together though. i havent quite worked out what yet but i have seen all the series and im still baffled! can you believe they have story archs for 7 seasons!! we could be getting a whole 7 years of lost!! how cool is that? might mean we have a long wait to find out the truth though. eeeek.

=x=

855154[/snapback]

mmeeeeep!

7 years??!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...