LOST - UK THREAD

chris_mk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the first episode, I came up with the following random crud!

Right - observations:

Dude from LotR.

Dude from The Dead Zone.

Dudette from Roswell.

Dude with the Orange mouth and the rain fetish looks familiar - I've seen him in loads of films/tv stuff, but can't put a name to him or his appearences, darnit! Lolz.

Did I see SPIELBURG in the credits?!

Plot line familiars:

Remember that space film? Classic sci fi... Explorers crash on a planet and settle there for a short while, meeting the "locals" that consisted of an elderly man, his daughter, and their "pet" (robot). All went well until the girl began to fall in l*** with the leader of the group, and an unseen evil began to stalk and kill each of the men, one by one. A giant. I wont say more, in case you haven't seen it, but it's a FANTASTIC film, and an absolute classic! Can't put a name to it, though...

Jurrassic Park scenery...

Theories:

The dude with the orange smile, the foreigners, etc, are obviously "suspitious" in the eyes of the viewer. I, however, think it's a coi... Or is it? Lolz!

The dog is a sign that there are others on the island, obviously... Or is it? Lolz!

844773[/snapback]

1)i noticed the lotr dude when his name came up in the credits at the begging as well as him standing near to that airplaine part...everyone else on the other hand is unfamiliar although is it me or have i seen that jack in some other programme.

some theroies as to what must be living on the island.

1) a massive giant polar bear.....

2)dinosaurs(for some strange reason thinking towards jurrasic park seen as it is a bit of a jurrasic park island.

3) fav theorie...DRAGONs....(mabe that polar bear was supposed to be a meal???)

Althougth these would not be the normal cutesy dragons that i like...these would be dragons that have nothing else to eat and are scavangeing ....

4)somekind of mutated or spliced animal looking for prey???

i have a few theories on the passangers but at the moment i am keeping them to myself...althougth a few are plainly obvious :D

As for the whole plain thing...you just see a flashback of the person and what happened...you dont actually see it crash really....well not from what i have seen so far...

• Showmasters Admin

I have to say after the first 2 eps I'm loving it. Just amazing TV. I've not read any spoilers so my answers below are pure speculation.

I have already ordered it from play though :D

Dude with the Orange mouth and the rain fetish looks familiar - I've seen him in loads of films/tv stuff, but can't put a name to him or his appearences, darnit! Lolz.

He was Sydney's FBI boss in Alias S3 B)

Are ya allowed a dog on a plane  :P *shrugs* I don't know about stuff like that lol

Yes it would have been in a special part of the hold.

Polar bear? WTF?

I think it's an odd zoo, type island like in Jurrasic park, but with normal-ish animals.

16 Years of a looped French message - what happened there?

They were the park keepers ;)

Where are they?

1000 miles from where they are ment to be :D

What's the scarily big thing that makes noises and killed the pilot?

Something from the zoo like a really big gorilla (can anyone say King Kong)

Will Daniel Dae Kim remember he can speak English?

Only once the plot needs him too ;)

Is Dom gonna go psycho when he runs outta drugs?  :o

O'yes B)

What did Kate do to get arrested?

For being too dam hot :unsure:

Will any other Alias cast members turn up? (Greg Grunberg - Weiss in Alias, Pilot in the Pilot lol)

As above the mad rain guy was in Alias too.

Edited by Too Tall

God I am loving this show sooooooooo much! Im so tempted to go on the official website cos theyve got summaries up to episode 9!! No gonna do it tho!

Is it still running in the US?

I thought the animals were dinosaurs because I presume they have crashed in like a Bermuda Triangle type place (?) Dunno just a theory or is that too obvious?

God I am loving this show sooooooooo much! Im so tempted to go on the official website  cos theyve got summaries up to episode 9!! No gonna do it tho!

I thought the animals were dinosaurs because I presume they have crashed in like a Bermuda Triangle type place (?) Dunno just a theory or is that too obvious?

845673[/snapback]

Told ya! :unsure:

yes, it's still running in the US... it was actually one of (if not the) top rated show last season as the second series begins on air in the Autumn.

Bermuda triangle was my thought as well.... although i have way more mental notions too....

(one being it's just Vicent - the dog - dreaming) :P

God I am loving this show sooooooooo much! Im so tempted to go on the official website  cos theyve got summaries up to episode 9!! No gonna do it tho!

845673[/snapback]

Told ya! B)

yes, it's still running in the US... it was actually one of (if not the) top rated show last season as the second series begins on air in the Autumn.

Bermuda triangle was my thought as well.... although i have way more mental notions too....

845679[/snapback]

Haha the dog dreaming! That would be soo funny! :unsure:

845673[/snapback]

Told ya! B)

845679[/snapback]

845682[/snapback]

...especially if the series ran for years and years!

845673[/snapback]

Told ya! B)

845679[/snapback]

845682[/snapback]

845684[/snapback]

I think we are onto something with the Bermuda Triangle theory tho! The show could go into a more surreal direction. Maybe something like The Prisoner type feel to it... Whatever Im excited about it! (Not in a rude way tho! Well maybe a little bit! B) )

845673[/snapback]

Told ya! B)

(one being it's just Vicent - the dog - dreaming) :unsure:

845679[/snapback]

Haha the dog dreaming! That would be soo funny! B)

845682[/snapback]

845684[/snapback]

I think we are onto something with the Bermuda Triangle theory tho! The show could go into a more surreal direction. Maybe something like The Prisoner type feel to it... Whatever Im excited about it! (Not in a rude way tho! Well maybe a little bit! :D )

845686[/snapback]

More surreal that a giant monster and a polar bear!?! :P

*grins* glad ta hear you're lovin' it!

• Showmasters Admin

I read an interview with the creators of Lost and they said that they have answers to all of the questions that they have raised. They just haven't written how/when they are going to show them.

They also said that they are going for science FACT, rather than science fiction. i.e. there will be no time travel or aliens. Everything will have a plausible (although possible very improbable) explanation.

I read an interview with the creators of Lost and they said that they have answers to all of the questions that they have raised. They just haven't written how/when they are going to show them.

They also said that they are going for science FACT, rather than science fiction. i.e. there will be no time travel or aliens. Everything will have a plausible (although possible very improbable) explanation.

845689[/snapback]

In some ways, that's a shame... I'd like to think there could be some supernatural twist to it..... but in anotehr way, it's ****ing excellent! :lol:

845689[/snapback]

In some ways, that's a shame... I'd like to think there could be some supernatural twist to it..... but in anotehr way, it's ****ing excellent! :lol:

845694[/snapback]

No it isnt! Or to put it another way..It blobbin well is!!!!! :D

• Showmasters Admin

845689[/snapback]

In some ways, that's a shame... I'd like to think there could be some supernatural twist to it..... but in anotehr way, it's ****ing excellent! :D

845694[/snapback]

No it isnt! Or to put it another way..It blobbin well is!!!!! :P

845707[/snapback]

Well I like that it's going to be science fact. It means they can't do anything too silly. Most of us love sci-fi but it opens the playing field for guessing the answer too far. If you allow time travel, aliens, the supernatural, magic etc. it can then be absolutely anything.

The monster could be Grawp :lol:

Edited by Too Tall

845689[/snapback]

In some ways, that's a shame... I'd like to think there could be some supernatural twist to it..... but in anotehr way, it's ****ing excellent! :o

845694[/snapback]

No it isnt! Or to put it another way..It blobbin well is!!!!! ;)

845707[/snapback]

Well I like that it's going to be science fact. It means they can't do anything too silly. Most of us love sci-fi but it opens the playing field for guessing the answer too far. If you allow time travel, aliens, the supernatural, magic etc. it can then be absolutely anything.

The monster could be Grawp :unsure:

845715[/snapback]

Whats 'Grawp'?????

PS - Did you have a good time on Sunday? Did you get attacked by the Stormtroopers? :D We did!

• Showmasters Admin
Whats 'Grawp'?????

PS - Did you have a good time on Sunday? Did you get attacked by the Stormtroopers? :o We did!

845753[/snapback]

Sorry it was a Harry Potter reference. Gramp is a giant in Harry Potter ;)

It was OK, not as good as it has been. Not that many stalls. No I got looked at, but maybe they thought I was Darth Vader without the suit so left me alone :unsure::D

Whats 'Grawp'?????

PS - Did you have a good time on Sunday? Did you get attacked by the Stormtroopers? :unsure: We did!

845753[/snapback]

Sorry it was a Harry Potter reference. Gramp is a giant in Harry Potter :o

It was OK, not as good as it has been. Not that many stalls. No I got looked at, but maybe they thought I was Darth Vader without the suit so left me alone :vader:;)

845767[/snapback]

Ahhh I see now...

Yeah I wasnt overly impressed with the stalls. I didnt really buy that much.

The Jedis they had there were crap! Me and my brother could have put on a better sabre fight!!! :D

I loooooooooooooove this new show. It is so addictive.

I am very tempted to get the boxset which is due out in September on R1. I have yet to decide. Hmmmmmm

Looking forward to the next episode on E4 at 11pm

Well done to Channel 4 for showing a new episode at 10pm then watching another episode straight after at 11pm.

BRILLIANT.

:D