Where are all the 'NEW' guests

Fry

Yeah if they ever did one for anything decent :jason:  I would be there like a shot. They do offer great value for money

What kind of event would you like ?

At the beginning of this year, there should have been an event called Necronomicon with Bruce Campbell as the main guest. Unfortunately it had to be cancelled. Would you have been interested ?

Basically any of the films of my sig. All the other stuff Star Wars & LOTR is more than catered for. Any of the cult 80`s & 90`s film stars would be cool to meet.

Not to keen on the old evil dead stuff, but looking forward to meeting Freedy :firedevil:

Edited by Dom

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to change my controls in order to see your sig :unsure:

Edit : clickling on your name was enough :jason:

BACK TO THE FUTURE : very interested in those guests too

INDIANA JONES : not really interested

GOONIES : believe it or not, I have never seen that

ALIENS : interested as well but difficult to have the big guests

PREDATOR : fan of the first movie, not the second one

TERMINATOR : this is the reunion I support the most (with BTTF maybe)

Although I'd love to meet some of the guests from these movies, I don't see this happening at a convention. You need a series with a strong fan base to start a convention about a series. You don't have any current show that you like ? :firedevil:

Edited by lams9999

I have to change my controls in order to see your sig :jason:

I'll come back to you later

heres my sig bud

BACK TO THE FUTURE

INDIANA JONES

GOONIES

ALIENS

PREDATOR

TERMINATOR

and Duf my old son, Lams has already had the pleasure :firedevil:

I couldn't be arsed to read through all the comments, but I will chuck my 2pence worth in. I personally think C8 has a good line-up so far granted it's not brilliant but theres ages yet for announcements so give SM chance. You got to take into consideration how hard it is to get guests over from america. They prb get offered more cash and don't have to travel as far, I mean end of the day it's down to money with most of them, I mean if you have a choice of either travelling to UK (which is thousands of miles away) for X amount of money or just a few hundred miles which is half on the plane and paid even more where would you go??

SM is building and building and will one day get very big and you will never see people complaing about poor line-ups (there again you prb will cause you can never please everyone)

End of the day if you don't like who is there then don't go!! I was abit gutted about the line-up of LFCC3 (esp after the brillant LFCC2 even if SM lost cash I had a great time) so I chose not to go it is simple as that!! Stop slagging SM before the event has even happend how can you say something is crap when you haven't seen the finished product!

Its true that the current line up wont be to everyones taste, including mine at the moment, but I keep checking in anticipation for the time SM announce more guests. Some C7 guests werent announced until a few weeks before and these were the ones I mainly wanted to meet. Im not ready to give up on SM yet and I dont mind repeated guests, as some of us have not had the pleasure of going to every event, and as such have missed some people who others have already got autos for. (Bring back Frodo and Merry! :P ) Also, CM is a great event with a great atmosphere, and its possible to meet nice people of a similar mind set to yourself. You are all there for the same reason after all! Just dont forget that us newbies would like a chance to meet those guests you are 'bored' of. :o

I also can't believe that some still think the only people who attend shows are members of this forum. Its quite ridiculous! :lol:

It's getting to the point where you could say that many members of this forum are the only people who go to Showmasters events.

I know it's untrue, but neither is it untrue enough for comfort.

And as for the C8 lineup, there's no one there I'd want to meet who I've not met before. The whole thing, as with C7 is certainly lacking unless you're a Buffy fan.

Far too many repeat guests and little imagination. Majors is a coup, but he's really the only big first time guest apart from Nana who I've already met.

Edited by Laughing Cavalier

And as for the C8 lineup, there's no one there I'd want to meet who I've not met before. The whole thing, as with C7 is certainly lacking unless you're a Buffy fan.

AMEN to that, this is exactly my point.

DONT FORGET THE OTHER FANS, NOT EVERYBODY IS A BUFFY FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see how any of the guests are 'scraping the barrel'. In fact I can see the appeal of some of the guests even though they aren't people I'd queue up to meet myself. Plus there are still, what 10 weeks (I don't know exactly) and there are plenty more guests to be announced. If people are willing to meet a double, or a stand in for example fair enough,

The whole thing, as with C7 is certainly lacking unless you're a Buffy fan.

I'm a Buffy fan, and currently the only people I want to meet are Tricia Helfer and Adam Busch (Adam only to see if he's got any new Common Rotation CDs for sale - I won't be getting his autograph.)

For me, personally, this line up sucks, as I've met all the Buffy/Angel guests numerous times before, and have no interest in any of the other guests except Tricia. Though I do think that it's, as always, a good line up. It's not interesting in the slightest to me, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are over the moon at all the Batman guests, etc.

Jo

The whole thing, as with C7 is certainly lacking unless you're a Buffy fan.

For me, personally, this line up sucks

Though I do think that it's, as always, a good line up.

It's not interesting in the slightest to me

So erm, does the line up suck or not?

Sort out what you really think and then say it! :P

although i don't think it's the best line up ever, there are some great guests in it and well the list isn't complete yet so saying that this is the worst list they've ever gotten isn't true since it's not finished yet. (i'm getting dissy :P )

to say lee majors is an old has been and won't pull in the punters is a mistake i think. personally i don't care about him and wouldn't get his autograph even for free as i never bothered to watch the show. but the show was very popular and has a big cult status thus a lot of willingly fans who want to pay to meet their childhood hero and get his siggie.

For me, personally, this line up sucks

Though I do think that it's, as always, a good line up.

It's not interesting in the slightest to me

So erm, does the line up suck or not?

Sort out what you really think and then say it! :lol:

If you read what I said in context, it was that for me, personally, the line up sucks and I'm not interested in most of the guests (with the exception of Tricia and Adam - though not for an autograph from Adam, but a CD), however I can see that it'll probably interest a lot of people so it is a good line up as it is rather diverse. For me, it sucks, but I can see that for others it is good.

Maybe I can just see things from other people's perspectives.

Jo

Edited by vampireslayer3

It seems to me that C8 is really pushing the boundaries of 'scraping the barrel', so to speak.

Lets review shall we.......

1) Out of all the guests (or 16 of them I should say), really only one of them is currently doing anything on our screens and that’s Tricia Helfer.

2) Buck Rogers is over 20 years old, meaning most of the people on here probably don’t remember it or actually don’t really care. Plus most of the cast have don’t shows her anyway, albeit not recently.

3) The Buffy/Angel guests.....Well, all you can say is Kelly Donovan. Nic's real life bro who looks more like Xander than Nic does! He was in one episode! That’s all, just one.

Andy Hallett has done so many shows, he has been nicknamed the 'Show Whore'.

4) Lee Majors...Poor ol Lee Majors. He's been around since the dawn of time and that’s also the last time one of his shows was popular. He doesn’t possess the iconic stature that, say Burt Reynolds does, he's more of an after thought you would use to fill up tables.

5) About 50% of the guests have already done Showmasters shows. Mainly the Collectormania shows, so why keep bringing them back. Oh, how silly of me; Money!

So far to me, this is turning out to be a pretty poor show with nothing new to offer. It seems the rumors around about SM losing money on their LFACC could be true and maybe they are trying to keep with 'safe bets' in the way of reusable guests or aiming for a mature audience who has money to spend. Sorry kiddies, the adults win this one!

By the way, I wondering if SM have a mission statement regarding the Collectormania shows?

The ones that havent been in a lot are great, I mean I met kelly b4 and hes amazing!

Unfortunately as with everything in life you can not please everybody as we all have different likes and dislikes, I'm sure SM would prefer us all to like the same people as it would save them a fortune.

Being of the "older generation" I can also remember TV series from the sixties onwards, and since people like to met/see their childhood favourites the old TV reunions, for me, are OK but I can see why for a lot a people "it sucks", although I will probably only meet the original, best and cheesiest Batman ever.

Sure, we would all like to met top stars, but have you noticed when time gets closer that some of them have to cancel due to work commitments.

Therefore do you want a list of people from top current TV shows that have their filming schedule changed and then have to cancel, and therefore have limited guests, and everybody moaning "Can't SM get stars that are going to turn up".

Personally, when I go to Collectormania, I only get one or two autographs, as I 'm not into Buffy or related spin offs, the star Trek franchises except the original etc.

SM are and always will be in a no win situation and instead of complaing about the guests I think we should be thanking them for their efforts trying to get guests that we do wish to meet, don't forget you don't have to pay admission like LFCC

After all if they did manage to put together a guest list of 30+ people that you wish to meet I am sure that their would be another thread with people moaning that they would have to shell out in excess of £600 plus for the weekend.

Did I mention this is my first posting so please no roasting.

I am all for repeat guests. Howver the ones i would like to be repeated i doubt will happen these are of course

Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams

But i am keeping my fingers firmly crossed for, Michonne Bourriague, Amy Allen, Rena Owen, Jake Lloyd, Paul Blake, and Bruce Spence again

After all if they did manage to put together a guest list of 30+ people that you wish to meet I am sure that their would be another thread with people moaning that they would have to shell out in excess of £600 plus for the weekend.

:rolleyes:

Wise words !

Welcome to the board ;)

Unfortunately as with everything in life you can not please everybody as we all have different likes and dislikes, I'm sure SM would prefer us all to like the same people as it would save them a fortune.

Being of the "older generation" I can also remember TV series from the sixties onwards, and since people like to met/see their childhood favourites the old TV reunions, for me, are OK but I can see why for a lot a people "it sucks", although I will probably only meet the original, best and cheesiest Batman ever.

Sure, we would all like to met top stars, but have you noticed when time gets closer that some of them have to cancel due to work commitments.

Therefore do you want a list of people from top current TV shows that have their filming schedule changed and then have to cancel, and therefore have limited guests, and everybody moaning "Can't SM get stars that are going to turn up".

Personally, when I go to Collectormania, I only get one or two autographs, as I 'm not into Buffy or related spin offs, the star Trek franchises except the original etc.

SM are and always will be in a no win situation and instead of complaing about the guests I think we should be thanking them for their efforts trying to get guests that we do wish to meet, don't forget you don't have to pay admission like LFCC

Hello

Hmm.. roasting.. is that like flaming only slower? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I utterly agree with everything you said!

I must say I have to agree with the scraping the barrell metaphor...

There used to be a time before C7 when SM events were movie star dominated but now it seems they are mostly TV stars.

To be fair, that's only the last two shows (C7 and L3) you are referring to .... and we know about SMs "circumstances" recently which would prevent certain guests (or types of guest) being booked.

It's probably more that than SMs taking the show in a particular direction......