Any Star Wars Guest We Haven't Seen

Crostini

What SW guests would you like to see at CM8?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What SW guests would you like to see at CM8?

• Harrison Ford (Unlikely)
    • Mark Hamil (Unlikely)
    • Anthony Daniels
    • Frank Oz
    • Other (Please Specify)

Alright Star Wars fans this is what we are going to have to do:

Harison Ford. Lets never say never beause as someone said Indiana Jones and another film are out soon so we will be seeing him again

Mark Hamil. I think he will apear at a UK event sooner rather than later whether it's Collectormania, LFCC, Autographica or the one at the NEC

Hayden Christensen. It HAS to happen because he is retiring already and is moving to the UK. So he could make money doing conventions

Christopher Lee. Surprisingly i think that it's quite possible as he lives in the UK but i think that it would be at an event like Autographica or a local store signing

Natalie Portman. I hope so, and i will certainly keep my fingers crossed

Ian Mcdiarmid. Let's forget it. I wish it would happen but it won't. He said that won't ever do a signing

The best thing we can do fellow Jedi's ( or Sith's ) is too keep our fingers crossed and NEVER SAY NEVER

Ian Mcdiarmd, Dennis Lawson are both 100% no chance what so ever!!!!

Natalie Portman may be a tough one.

Hamill & Hayden are both very likely.

Chris Lee did a signing of his own last year and if and when he does another one, I will be there

Harrison like you said is going to be somebody at a premier, but there is no guarentee he will sign anything because of all the s*** with ebay these days.

Natalie Portman. I hope so, and i will certainly keep my fingers crossed

natalies doing the san diego comic con this month to help promote v for vendetta. she is trying to over come her fear of large crowds and geeks apparentley. i doubt she will be signing just doin a talk!

What i would absolutely love is to have ALL of the minor characters from Tim Dry to Sylas Carson appear at events in the UK over the next year or so.

After that i can then concentrate on getting ALL of the Mega stars like Mark Hamil, Hayden Christensen and Ian McDiarmid ( i don't know how but i can try. Maybe start stalking them :P ). I think a trip to the US may be needed in oder to do that though :P

Ian McDiarmid ( i don't know how but i can try. Maybe start stalking them  ). I think a trip to the US may be needed in oder to do that though 

ian is quite easy to get. go and see one of the many theatre productions he does- and trust me you will be not dissapointed! i saw lear twice at the crucible in sheffield this year and he and the play were excellent. then go around to the stage door with your programme and he will gladly sign it. even mentoin star wars tho and you will get the cold shoulder!!!

as for people like natalie portman - yes they would be good dream guests - but the reality is - people would come from all over the world. you would have to camp out the night before to get a decent ticket and then even if you did get a glimpse of her - you would be whisked through and your £20 or whatever would have flown quciker than it took you to get it from the cash point!

as much as i like the bigger stars - the smaller ones are always the best value for money. mat wood had some great storys to tell from ilm and the creation of grievous and you really felt you got your moneys worth!

Edited by fugaziuk

I'd like to see:

MALCOLM DIXON (Ewok ROTJ, also appeared as an Oompa Loompa in WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, & in TIME BANDITS).

DEEP ROY (Droopy McCool ROTJ, also appears as Oompa Loompa in Tim Burton's CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - also appeared in PLANET OF THE APES, FLASH GORDON, DARK CRYSTAL, DOCTOR WHO, BLAKE'S 7 & X-FILES) See: http://www.abitnice.com/deeproy/

TONY STARR (Gamorrean Guard ROTJ - also a DALEK OPERATOR in original DR. WHO series)

JOHN HOLLIS (Lobot in ESB - also in DR. WHO, JAMES BOND, FLASH GORDON, SUPERMAN).

How about any of these guys, none have done any cons to my knowledge

Jane Busby - Chief Chirpa

Cathy Munro - Zuckuss/E-3PO

Harold Weed - Wampa/Kewtol also ILM guy

Dickey Beer - Barada/Stormtrooper/Biker scout & tons of other stunts

• 2 weeks later...
Ian Mcdiarmd, Dennis Lawson are both 100% no chance what so ever!!!!

Natalie Portman may be a tough one.

Hamill & Hayden are both very likely.

Chris Lee did a signing of his own last year and if and when he does another one, I will be there

Harrison like you said is going to be somebody at a premier, but there is no guarentee he will sign anything because of all the s*** with ebay these days.

Why is Dennis Lawson out of the question he did a signing in Birmingham not so long ago so it can't be impossible to get him!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

TC-14 did do a small signing in a small shop in Norwich. Might take more persuading to go to a con. He was a kind of friend of a friend of the owner from what I could gather. His sig goes for loads on eBay cos of his rarity. I have also heard a rumour that Mark Hamill may come to England this year so fingers crossed. Obviously any of the 'big guests' would be great. Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams were great, and worth queuing for. The only thing that takes time for the bigger names is queuing for the ticket in the first place but its do-able and worth doing! :D

:lol: