celebrity sightings

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to see Barnard Hill out walking and stuff all the time when he used to live near us, which was kinda weird. Oh and I saw Micheal Jackson once at Disneyland while with my mum.....she's very short sighted and thought firstly that he was someone dressed as Goofy and then that he was a woman. :lol: We had to get pretty close for her to actually realise it was Micheal Jackson!

When i went to Showcase Cinema to see Star Wars EP3 I saw Nick Park, he was 4 rows down from where I was sitting. He was with his family.

AND

Whilst waiting to get a ticket at a train station at brussels, Maria Sharapova was at the front of the que. She was HOT:lol:

Edited by BluebizzieB

Me and my dad swear we saw patrick stewart at C7 (and not the guy who looks just like him in the Starfleet uniform) he was being shown around by a woman (we think). :lol:

He walked past my dad while he was queing to get cash out of the machine and winked at him. Then we saw him later on around where ray park was signing.

There is a guy who's a professional Patrick Stewart lookalike. He's on the books of a celebrity doubles agency that supplies lookalikes for parties and events etc.

I've seen him a couple of times loitering around Collectormania just to see the reaction he gets from passers by. The sad thing is, he looks absolutely NOTHING like Patrick.

As far as I know, the real Patrick Stewart has never been near an SM event. Having briefly met Patrick, I can say he's a little too highbrow for that.

Oh, and I walked past Jimmy Hill near Cannon St tube a couple of years ago.

I don't mean that guy, I saw him later that same day in the starfleet uniform.

The Patrick I'm talking about was plain clothed and was being shown around by a woman. My dad was stood queueing for cash from the machine near to that toy shop that has all the star wars stuff in the window and he walked in through the entrance there and right past him and winked. The guy behind my dad was also convinced that it was Patrick.

Later we saw him looking across at the guests where Ray park & Nichelle Nicholes were sitting talking to the same woman who seemed to be explaining something to him, but the crowds were manic and they quickly moved on before we could get near to him.

Surely it couldn't be the look-a-like, I mean who would take the time to show him around. He's always at these type of things.

Edited by The_camp_predator

Me and my dad swear we saw patrick stewart at C7 (and not the guy who looks just like him in the Starfleet uniform) he was being shown around by a woman (we think). :lol:

He walked past my dad while he was queing to get cash out of the machine and winked at him. Then we saw him later on around where ray park was signing.

There is a guy who's a professional Patrick Stewart lookalike. He's on the books of a celebrity doubles agency that supplies lookalikes for parties and events etc.

I've seen him a couple of times loitering around Collectormania just to see the reaction he gets from passers by. The sad thing is, he looks absolutely NOTHING like Patrick.

As far as I know, the real Patrick Stewart has never been near an SM event. Having briefly met Patrick, I can say he's a little too highbrow for that.

Oh, and I walked past Jimmy Hill near Cannon St tube a couple of years ago.

I don't mean that guy, I saw him later that same day in the starfleet uniform.

The Patrick I'm talking about was plain clothed and was been shown around by a woman. My dad was stood queueing for cash from the machine near to that toy shop that has all the star wars stuff in the window and he walked right past him and winked. The guy behind my dad was also convinced that it was Patrick.

Later we saw him looking across at the guests where Ray park & Nichelle Nicholes were sitting talking to the same woman who seemed to be explaining something to him, but the crowds were manic and they quickly moved on before we could get near to him.

Surely it couldn't be the look-a-like, I mean who would take the time to show him around. He's always at these type of things.

We're talking about the same guy. There are two Patrick Stewart doubles employed by agencies. One is a tall, bald guy who wears the 1st and 2nd TNG season uniform. . that horrible spandex one. He's the most well known one who appears at con dressed up. I've seen before at events usually doing as many fancy dress comps as he can.

The other guy, the one I think you saw and the one I've been talking about, is the other lookalike. He's in his sixties, is more fat faced and saggy than Patrick, and obviously is bald. He doesn't dress up as that would give the game away. As I said, he just loiters around, not doing anything to look like he's pretending to be Patrick, but knowing that people are wondering if he really IS Patrick.

He fools a lot of people even though I think he doesn't look much like Patrick. I did see the website for the agency that he works for once and his photo was on the site. But I can't remember the address.

I guess these are celebrity sightings when you don't expect to see anyone, so here are some recent ones for me:

Billy Connelly and Liza Minnelli at Heathrow (not together, but within a minute or two of each other)

Bill Nighy outside Somerset House (The Strand - London)

Carol Vorderman (Somerset House again, but this time ice skating on the same session as me earlier this year)

Jeremy Paxman with his son on the underground

Sylvester McCoy on the train

That is about it for recent ones, but over the years there are loads more.

I guess these are celebrity sightings when you don't expect to see anyone, so here are some recent ones for me:

Billy Connelly and Liza Minnelli at Heathrow (not together, but within a minute or two of each other)

Bill Nighy outside Somerset House (The Strand - London)

Carol Vorderman (Somerset House again, but this time ice skating on the same session as me earlier this year)

Jeremy Paxman with his son on the underground

Sylvester McCoy on the train

That is about it for recent ones, but over the years there are loads more.

I need to get out more :D

oh yeah totally forgot they ain't big celebs but my brother lives in vancouver and i saw amy smart and brecken myer (forgot how to spell his name) at van airport.

My bro sees loads of them as he lives there and they shoot loads of stuff there obviousley. He said it took him ages to get to work one day when they were shooting scenes for dark angel (a couple of years ago obv) and caught a glimpse of alba and weatherley

Flew to Florida on Virgin and all commentary on the inflight tv was by Jonathan Ross. Imagine my surprise when we got of the plane and found JR had been in 1st class. Of course my dad had to do the 'Alwight Jonathan' to which JR grinned and said 'Keep an eye on your bags ... you can't trust any of these guys!' :)

one time last year i was at my friends shop when gabriel byrne walked in with an american lady!!

it was mad!! my friend was working and she turned round to serve the next customer and it was him!! she's a huge fan of his work and it was really funny to see her almost collapse before she recovered herself!!

he was really nice and soo polite!!

i thought it was brilliant!!

it was the most exciting thing to have happened in this boring little town!! :huh:

i met sean connery at edinburgh airport and saw david platt (former arsenal player and england captain) in sainsburys

my dad also met ozzy osbourne in one of his shops

Edited by Sauron

Huh, never met any celebrity in the street... mind, I do live in Norfolk. :huh: So I only hear about them coming here in the EDP. :huh:

Oh, and David, do you remember where this shopping centre was?!?!?

;):D:D:o

• Moderators

I'm not sure really .. I think it was somewhere like Milky Beans or something?! I've not been there before, was just a random place that someone said was good for shopping! To be honest I wouldn't have even known it was Elijah apart from there was oddly a big sign up with his name and picture .. it was like someone knew he was coming! Weird huh?

Saw The Bassist From Placebo on the tube once, Met Gwen Steffani at heathrow and got a hug and a kiss :blink: Met the whole cast from Lovejoy if that counts :blink: cause they used to film next door to my house, Met Pancho from dirty Sanchez at Reading Festival, and Finally Joanna Lumly! When she guest starred on lovejoy got to spend like half hour talking to her and got a pic with her, she was so incredibly nice it's untrue.

There's too many to mention but the most recent encounter was last week when I walked into David Wenham.  I actually went face first into his chest.  Nice.

OH MY...where, how, when....ahhh the love for daisy!!! I would love to meet him so much

In Leicester Square. He scarpered pretty quick when he noticed that there was a premiere on (House Of Wax).

Oh god, so many...

Lenny Henry filming something random in a local shopping centre...dressed as a woman

The great Edward Fox in a Little Chef :lol:

Paul McGann sat at the table next to me in a pub in Bristol

David Dickinson and some of the other random 'Bargain Hunt' people out clubbing in Bristol LMFAO!! I chatted some TOTAL bollocks to them that night...told him I liked his tie :P

Gary Linekar in Disneyland Paris

Jeremy Guscott also in Disneyland Paris

Rebecca Loos walking along the South Bank, London

Tony Blair and family...in Malaysia (went all that way and I still couldn't escape lol)

Noel Edmonds on a train...my dad ended up sat next to him lol

My mum ended up going for a coffee with Susan George after having her hair done at the same place, but didn't recognise her til I told her who she was lol!!!

Roni Size buying some milk in Bristol

Avid Merrion with Natalie Appleton in Waterloo Station...quite an odd mix!

Wolf from Gladiators on the white cliffs of Dover (haha, I gave him a high five...I was young ok!)

Loads of people in the crowds at Glastonbury, but that's kind of to be expected!!

And finally, George Foreman filming an advert for his 'lean, mean, fat-reducing, grilling machine' :D:P outside the Big Thunder Mountain ride in Disneyworld, Florida

Hmmm, I'm sure there are more! :P