GOLD PASS TICKETS

Not the sort of package that works for me but whatever floats your boat. If they were to come up with some sort of package that was for autos only - say 10 for example where you could jump to the front of the queue for the same sort of money then I'd me more interested. As is I don't hate queueing enough to pay £200 to forgoe that particular experience *g*

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably get it ....... IF I had excess cash (which I don't). However, if Richard Dean Anderson was there - I'd want the first gold ticket!!!!!!

Good on anyone who can afford it - I'm jealous already!

Sarah

that is a complete rip-off, come on showmasters you are giving people nothing for there money there!! 

Sorry Ant, but ..... tough !

Read this thread so far .... IF IT'S NOT FOR YOU, FUGHEDDDABOUDDIT ! :rolleyes:

Exactly! One could shout about it being a rip-off if one were forced to pay the price, but since you're not it's just SM looking to satisfy a niche market. And dare I suggest that some people are looking at things purely in a cold cash sense. What else this package also gives people is time and convenience. Some people may like the camaraderie and adventure of getting up early to queue, but others may detest it. Giving people the opportunity to save that sort of time may be very important to some people. (I can certainly think of a few hours of my life that I'd pay a lot of money to have back!).

I'd guess this seems a rip-off to some because they perceive it as either a large amount to spend, or poor value for money, or perhaps both. No problems with that. Other people may view it differently and have other priorities, and think it a bargain. No point in getting stressed about it. Put another way, I have occasionally been lucky enough to fly first class or business class (either through a lucky upgrade or because a work client was generous). My own check-in, preferential boarding, biggier, comfier seats, better food and wine (free and unlimited, of course), and cloth napkins, real crockery, cutlery, glass etc (it would seem that they think that security risk hijackers only travel economy :blink: ). Lovely experience, thoroughly recommend it. But can i live without it and travel economy? Of course I can. Would I pay 4, 5, 6 times the economy price for such luxury myself? No, because it's too far down my value for money, and too high up my expenditure perceptions. Would I travel that way if i had a load more money? You beat your ass Cochise! But because I don't/can't/won't pay those prices myself, I really don't feel the need to rant at the check-in staff that their club class or whatever is a rip-off - I just do my thing and let the first/business/club class passengers do theirs, because it's the way of the world. And anyway, if there weren't all those folks up the front paying a grand and a half a time to fly to California, I know I'd have to be paying more than my £300. :lol:

And anyway, if there weren't all those folks up the front paying a grand and a half a time to fly to California, I know I'd have to be paying more than my £300. :rolleyes:

Think about THAT you bunch of whiners ! ;)

Picture this - on a Monday, the last gold ticket sells. On the Wednesday, they announce Mark Hamill, Ewan McGregor, Daniel Radcliffe, Patrick Stewart, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Tom Hanks !

D'OH !

There only seliing 50 tickets so if I really wanted to see one of these people (if they WERE coming) that badly I would get up early, besides I have already seen Patrick and got his auto and it didn't cost me say £200 plus money for auto it just cost me the auto money....

Someone on here said its only the people who can't afford it who are moaning, I however will prove that theory wrong. I can afford it, I could afford one for me and one for my boyfrined because Im good at saving and dont have to many bills (not trying to show off here) but as I said in the other forum Im not and never will be classed as a dam MUG

Nice idea in theory but £150 would have been better, I always new that most conventions were only in it for the money but this just goes beyond that..... ^_^

This is my oppinion and Im intitles to it (not sorry if you don't like them as Im not hurting anyone by saying them)

;)

LLAP :wub:

Someone on here said its only the people who can't afford it who are moaning, I however will prove that theory wrong. I can afford it, I could afford one for me and one for my boyfrined because Im good at saving and dont have to many bills (not trying to show off here) but as I said in the other forum Im not and never will be classed as a dam MUG

Brilliant! Go Zebredy! ;)

Nice idea in theory but £150 would have been better, I always new that most conventions were only in it for the money but this just goes beyond that..... :P

"To be honest, I go to these events, because it is also plain sailing to earn money"

They're all in it for the money :D It's a no brainer as Dominic Keating said in that quote above... :P

Suppose you were a very busy person, and one who was in demand. You don't just have a few hundred pounds saved, but thousands or tens of thousands, because you're good at your job, and because you don't actually have that much free time to spend it. Your professional services are charged out at hundreds of pounds per day and there just aren't enough days in the week. A ticket like this could save this person hours of queueing and hanging about. It might well make the difference between whether it's worth them coming or not. So, if that sort of person bought a Gold Pass, would that make them a damned mug? (or "dam mug" as you put it)

Nice idea in theory but £150 would have been better

to you, yes, and probably £100 would have been even better still. You're not privy to the business accounts for the event, are you?

I always new that most conventions were only in it for the money

Of course, as the people whose full-time employment is organising and running such things would find it difficult to pay their bills if all they got in return for their work were message boards full of people saying "thanx, your so kewl"[sic] and general feelings of fluffy bunniness towards them.

but this just goes beyond that

This goes beyond being in it for the money? What? Are they in it for your soul as well? I'm off to check the small print, as I obviously missed the bit where they said that by signing up for a Gold Pass, you consented to SM taking your bodily organs and your household pets. :D Talk about getting things out of proportion...

This is my oppinion and Im intitles to it

It's your spelling and grammar too, and you're entitled to that as well. Doesn't mean I have to think that it's any good. :angry:

All hail to TommyT !

At l(e)ast someone who really constructs an argument instead of just saying "I don't like this", "I can't afford it", "why ???", "you're in it for the money", etc. etc. Even if these opinions are valid in themselves and people are definitely entitled to having them (freedom of speech anyone ?) they don't really count as arguments, but are to be considered as emotive reactions.

Can't you all just live with the fact that Showmasters have decided to try something out and offer this service ? If you can afford a Gold Pass, wonderful, enjoy it & have fun; if you can't, well, then nothing is really going to change for you, since you'll still be able to queue and have fun at the SM events (and even better : talks will be free from now on !).

So, can we just end this discussion ?

On a side note, nice one about the spelling TommyT. It often irritates me as well to see how people cannot write or spell correctly anymore ! (now I'm just hoping I didn't make too many spelling mistakes myself, but at least I have the excuse I'm not a native English speaker :unsure: ) )

These tickets are for die-hard fans and those who are happy to pay a premium for the advantages of being able to dispense with virtual queue tickets and being given priority at all the talks.

So you're saying that a true fan would pay the amount for the ticket :unsure: I'm sorry but it doesn't work like that.

Its like everything now days. If you have the money its fine, but if you are a hard working person with a family, an older person on a pension, or a student then you're completely stuffed.

It's segregation all over again. Its this type of thing that makes the rich snobs of the world feel above us all :(

The package however does sound very cool. I know someone mentioned earlier about maybe having Silver tickets.

That seems a good idea. The other year i went to Silverstone to see the Formula 1. The tickets for that are really expensive, so to make it better for people they split it into Gold, Silver and Bronze. That way every can get what they want and pay for as much as they like.

But anyway don't know why i'm going on about it cos i doubt i'd even be able to afford a silver ticket (if you decided to do one) and even if i could my mate wouldn't.

Would be nice to get hold of one of those Stargate goody bags though ;) Just have to hope that there are some SG guests announced soon.

On a side note, nice one about the spelling TommyT. It often irritates me as well to see how people cannot write or spell correctly anymore ! (now I'm just hoping I didn't make too many spelling mistakes myself, but at least I have the excuse I'm not a native English speaker :( ) )

Has the world got so pathetic and picky that we all have to worry about if we spell correctly :unsure: Honestly, it's getting crazy.

And some of you might like to take note of disabilities like Dyslexia before you go mouthing off about peoples spelling. For all you know you could be moaning at someone who doesn't even know they are doing wrong. So maybe just think before you post. I'm sure you're not all perfect.

Ok rant over ;)

@ abydos : of course I'm not perfect (can't speak for TommyT) and of course I make mistakes too. And of course I do respect dyslexia, but there is a major difference between people who would write e.g. "wirte" instead of "write" and people who'll be writing words as you pronounce them. Stuff like "kewl", "your" (when "you are" is meant), "init", etc. etc. is no sign of somebody who has trouble writing, but just someone who either can't be bothered to spell correctly or cannot spell correctly.

And it's my right to be annoyed when reading someone's post and seeing lots and lots of spelling mistakes throughout (call me old fashioned but I've been taught to pay attention to correct spelling). It'll instantly make me more cautious as to the contents of that person's posting.

But that's just my opinion.

Rant over as well.

All is well in the best of worlds. :(:unsure:

• Showmasters Admin

I could afford one of these tickets but don't get enough autographs for it to make sense to get one.

For those that do have the money and do get lots of autographs I can see the appeal in this.

The price question. Think of it logically. It has to be high or everyone could afford it and then what would happen…..

Everyone would want one!!!!!

Then SM would get complaint after complaint that "they" (the complainer) hadn't got one because they'd run out. SM can not win this one. I think it makes sense that they make it a high price so people that it's worth it to, get them. Worth is relative to the person. Someone may pay £50K for a painting. To me that's mad but to them it's the bargain of a life time. It's all relative.

To you maybe it's not worth it, I know it's not worth it to me. But I can see why to someone else it is.

On a side note, nice one about the spelling TommyT. It often irritates me as well to see how people cannot write or spell correctly anymore ! (now I'm just hoping I didn't make too many spelling mistakes myself, but at least I have the excuse I'm not a native English speaker  :blink: ) )

Excuss me sorry if I have a problem with spelling and was put down a year due to going to a crap school abroad and needing to catch up, sorry if we are not all up to your high standards.

People can't help being dyslexic or else they wouldn't be d'oh :angry:

I suppose if they just gave you a bit more for your money it might seem a little more appealing. As we know what showmasters are like, and know that isn't going happening, I'll stop with the bitching if you will as well..Hmmm?

:unsure:

LLAP :borg:

Im a die hard fan but would have to sell my soul to afford £200 and thats without my autos, I only want to meet Charisma C, thats all so i hope i do,

I have qed for hours for some ppl but i could never afford that much i dont even spend that much at cons.

So lets hope i meet charisma, or i will be gutted.

You really need to calm down mate as you are losing it over this issue. I know you will be at the venue nice and early so will have no probs getting her auto.

I cant be there early if my sister decides to go she has just gave birth, i dont expect her to Q that early with a new born and a 2yr old.

Im a die hard fan but would have to sell my soul to afford £200 and thats without my autos, I only want to meet Charisma C, thats all so i hope i do,

I have qed for hours for some ppl but i could never afford that much i dont even spend that much at cons.

So lets hope i meet charisma, or i will be gutted.

You really need to calm down mate as you are losing it over this issue. I know you will be at the venue nice and early so will have no probs getting her auto.

I cant be there early if my sister decides to go she has just gave birth, i dont expect her to Q that early with a new born and a 2yr old.

Can you not ask someone to pick up a ticket for you, just in case?

These tickets are for die-hard fans and those who are happy to pay a premium for the advantages of being able to dispense with virtual queue tickets and being given priority at all the talks.

So you're saying that a true fan would pay the amount for the ticket :rolleyes:

No, no, and thrice, dear god, no! They are saying that these tickets would appeal to "true fans". Nowhere, but nowhere (except in the fevered imaginations of yourself and some other hard-of-thinking posters to this forum) does it say that you MUST buy one of these tickets to be a "true fan". Otherwise, the logical extension of your argument is that SM are saying that there are only 50 "true fans" in the world (or galaxy etc...). They may say some strange things, but... :rolleyes:

Put another way. My luncthime cheese and onion pasty came in a wrapper that said "this is suitable for vegetarians". This does not mean "if you are a vegetarian you must eat this", or "if you don't eat this you can't be a vegetarian" does it? (well, not on my planet, Kemo Sabe)

At which point I'm afraid your rant tends to fall in on itself somewhat. But anyway, let's press on...

Its like everything now days. If you have the money its fine, but if you are a hard working person with a family, an older person on a pension, or a student then you're completely stuffed.

Nowadays? When was it ever different? People with money have generally done better than people without money since about 17 seconds after people decided that something like gold was a valuable commodity. Go back a hundred and fifty years and I think you'll find it was a double whammy with both money and class being required to really get on. It's that capitalist society thing. If you don't like it, then perhaps North Korea beckons.

And completely stuffed? Oh yes. If you don't have a Gold Pass, you will be "completely stuffed" at LFCC3. You won't be able to get in, in fact security goons will beat you to a bloody pulp just for being in the same postcode without a Gold Pass. Because frankly, the whole event will run like a massively-profitable dream based on just those 50 Gold Pass holders and what they spend. The fact that SM are also selling ordinary tickets for this event is just a con - don't buy one, because you won't be allowed in if you turn up and in fact you'll be lucky to escape with all your limbs attached. That's how completely stuffed you'll be, isn't it?

It's segregation all over again.

The ghosts of all the beaten and murdered civil rights workers from the Deep South, and all those who were oppressed and survived, and I all laughed at this. Albeit in a very hollow fashion. And the inhabitants of 1970s and 1980s Soweto said they hadn't seen a sense of proportion that was so skewed since the surrealist painting exhibition was in town.

On the plus side I reckon you're about a paragraph and a half away from calling SM Nazis, at which point we can invoke Godwin's law and all go home to bed ;)

Its this type of thing that makes the rich snobs of the world feel above us all  :rolleyes:

If the "rich snobs of the world" feel above you, they probably do so simply because they have a wheelbarrowload of cash in the first place, or perhaps because they live in a palatial mansion. Once they've got a bagful of duisposable income and/or a superswank pad, they are either going to feel superior to you or they aren't - I really don't think that being able to pay a hefty premium to jump some queues at an SM event is going to be a defining event in shaping their attitude to the lumpen proletariat, is it?

On a side note, nice one about the spelling TommyT. It often irritates me as well to see how people cannot write or spell correctly anymore ! (now I'm just hoping I didn't make too many spelling mistakes myself, but at least I have the excuse I'm not a native English speaker  :rolleyes: ) )

Excuss me sorry if I have a problem with spelling and was put down a year due to going to a crap school abroad and needing to catch up, sorry if we are not all up to your high standards.

People can't help being dyslexic or else they wouldn't be d'oh :rolleyes:

zebredy, if you are dyslexic, I apologise for any offence caused. As a student rep on the academic council at university I was very involved with reviewing marking practices and procedures for those suffering from dyslexia. Addditionally I also have a good friend who is dyslexic, (and have known other sufferers) so am well aware of the problems faced. (And yeah, I'm not going to jump on somebody for the odd typo, I make enough myself!)

Unfortunately I have become very jaded and cyncial over the last ten years of enduring countless claims of dyslexia from people (academically and professionally) - nearly every Tom, d*** and Harriet under the age of 30 that I challenge about spelling/grammar/punctuation (or that moans about being adversely judged because of their poor skills in these areas) claims to be dyslexic. When I have either tried to assist them (when they were bemoaning their luck) or offered to make suitable allowances for them (when they were working with/for me), I have pointed out that they need to register their problem with the academic authorities or Human Resources in order for them to receive proper recognition and allowance. 95% fail to produce any official diagnosis, and many actually admit that they just use the excuse of dyslexia to cover the fact that they are poorly educated or can't be bothered to make an effort ot write correctly and check their work. There are a lot of people out there who are giving genuine dyslexics a bad name. Their real reasons are that they couldn't be bothered to learn the various "rules" of speech and language, or that they can't be bothered to observe them, and that what they write is roughly what they meant and it's up to us to understand them, make allowances for them and live with it. Strangely enough, I don't think these people would take the same attitude were I to take a suitable lackadaisical attitude to mathematics in a financial setting. If I charged them £10 for something, and if after they gave me a £20 note, I gave them a fiver change, do we think they would be happy to accept answers like "Oh, I'm crap at maths, I never learnt how to work out change. What's your problem? You know what I was trying to do. Stop moaning, you got a banknote in your change didn't you? You're only moaning about the number on the note and its colour - you know what I was trying to do - that should be good enough for you" I don't think so!

Huge numbers of posts on this site display a really poor grasp of the (written) English language. Some of those will be written by people who are dyslexic, and I sympathise with their plight. But I find it hard to believe that something like 50% of the posts here originate from genuine dyslexics. Some of those posts must originate from people who are just poorly educated, or are too rude pay their fellow board members the courtesy of spending a little time to write decently. My mistake was to express my frustration at the standard of posts generally by directing a comment at your post in particular without knowing whether or not you were a dyslexic. I apologise deeply for any offence caused.

Tommy.