Wil Wheaton

ariana1850

I would LOVE to meet Wil but it is true, he will not fly! ^_^

people begged another con organiser to get him and they tried to but he said no purely because he doesn't like to fly, especially after September 11th :P

looks like we will all need to win the lottery and go to the US to meet him :lol:

surfy sah xx

I emailed and asked if he would be interested before Collectormania 6 and he wrote...

"Hey Pete,

I've been approached by several UK promoters over the last few years, but after "running the numbers" I've always determined that it's not worth my time to travel all the way over there, and be away from my family for an extended period of time.

Thanks for asking, though :)

wil"

:lol:

Edited by Jandel

people begged another con organiser to get him and they tried to but he said no purely because he doesn't like to fly, especially after September 11th

One of them was me :lol: - Shame he doesnt fly in "Just a Geek" his most recent book he talks about how he has been to England before and loves it here - also says how much he hates flying and there is a whole chapter on 9/11. We can still keep asking tho - maybe one day he will change his mind :D

• 3 weeks later...
:pyth: I see him regularly at the US cons and I also saw him here at the Albert Hall con in 96. He does not like flying but did tell me last time that he may come over on some promotion for something he is up to. he is a very friendly guy.